Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

mr dark is helping me find my face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Blood Boils posted:

Darkman > the crow

yep

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I still have a copy of the crow comic that I occasionally thumb through when I need a laugh

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

netizen posted:

Watched Beekeeper tonight.

The action scenes with Jonatham Statham were great. The boring CIA/FBI blah blah blah scenes were boring.

Give Jonatham Statham a good action script for Christ's sake.
yeah I liked it, some decently hateable zoomer villains getting owned

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

josh04 posted:

we got six whole years of "the REAL DC cinematic universe starts... now!" and depending on how things play out with gunn they may not yet have stopped. superman legacy has guy garnder in it and they're adapting that post about superman sobbing as he beats bizzaro to death.
we need more drat it

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

netizen posted:

Watched Beekeeper tonight.

The action scenes with Jonatham Statham were great. The boring CIA/FBI blah blah blah scenes were boring.

Give Jonatham Statham a good action script for Christ's sake.

i found the action to be pretty lacking because Jason Statham is 100% in control of the situation and theres no tension. Also he never used Bees as a weapon, which I do view as a massive short coming. They couldn't get one scene where he says "this might sting a little" and then throws a jar of bees on a guy, maybe after covering him in honey?

I still enjoyed it and recommend it just to see each actor try to get through the bee metaphors. Jason Statham is seamless. when he says he's got to protect the hive you believe it.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

watching americas funniest home videos at a bar and am literally shedding tears at the fact that the host of this show is a black guy now

weve just made so much progress as a country for this to even be possible thank you joe biden

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

rip bob saget :(

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Some Guy TT posted:

watching americas funniest home videos at a bar and am literally shedding tears at the fact that the host of this show is a black guy now

weve just made so much progress as a country for this to even be possible thank you joe biden

is it Kevin Hart

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Redezga posted:

Was thinking about the 1986 Transformers movie, and I know people hate cops more than ever but Prowl catching on fire from the inside and the closeup of the look of horror on his face as smoke and fire started to flow out of his mouth and eye sockets was a far more upsetting death than the Optimus Prime one. I think people just forget that because Instruments of Destruction is rocking so hard over it while it's happening.

You're right, they just casually murder a few of the heroes in seconds. Daniel watching his dad get eaten seems bad too. Then they fly to a landfill and have a dance party.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Fighting Elegy posted:

i found the action to be pretty lacking because Jason Statham is 100% in control of the situation and theres no tension. Also he never used Bees as a weapon, which I do view as a massive short coming. They couldn't get one scene where he says "this might sting a little" and then throws a jar of bees on a guy, maybe after covering him in honey?

I still enjoyed it and recommend it just to see each actor try to get through the bee metaphors. Jason Statham is seamless. when he says he's got to protect the hive you believe it.

Every minute of this movie was dumb as all hell and it really did require Statham and his weird stoic delivery to make it work

Phishing scams being run by the subsidiary of a US government contractor and making so much money they'd be a Fortune 500 company as the villain was both a truly moronic dumb guy choice and utterly inspired

The only tension is really just how Jason Statham is going to kill a bunch of people in the badly disguised warehouse sets with giant neon signs that say MONEY in Chinese

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

never heard of this movie before but its instantly on the watch list

Literally shares a character with Die Hard. So it's technically in the same universe as John McClane

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

is it Kevin Hart

its carlton

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

PerniciousKnid posted:

You're right, they just casually murder a few of the heroes in seconds. Daniel watching his dad get eaten seems bad too. Then they fly to a landfill and have a dance party.

Daniel's fine, he has a giant robot mommy to take care of him

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

War and Pieces posted:

this post is not about raised by wolves and that's a loving crime

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

busalover posted:

Is this like Saltburn?

Not really but I can see why you're asking. Saltburn is a very different kind of story, Gentleman doesn't take itself too seriously but also doesn't make fun of itself enough and everything is played very straight. It also churns through a new and mostly forgettable villain each episode, some of which are better executed than others. All the main characters have some funny and enjoyable moments, but it's a really bloated show.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Inadvertently watched the Seinfeld episode where Kramer does blackface last night

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Kramer ftw

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Blood Boils posted:

Darkman > the crow

Deerman of Darkwoods > Darkman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsdl5FX_GN8

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

also the crow has the better soundtrack

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Is America's funniest home videos just a tiktok compilation show now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Justin Tyme posted:

Is America's funniest home videos just a tiktok compilation show now

always was

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
no one wants to watch cable tv cat videos anymore

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

War and Pieces posted:

Later on he literally becomes her head

Now that fires up a child's imagination!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Action Jacktion posted:

i've got an idea for a new season of raised by wolves

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
we should make people undergo psychoanalysis for 10 years before allowing them to make children's cartoons imo

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

nice obelisk idiot posted:

we should make people undergo psychoanalysis for 10 years before allowing them to make children's cartoons imo

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

to fix them, right? right??

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

What in tarnation

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0uS3t6nFgY

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maXXXed?

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Children's stories have been hosed up since forever, the world is cruel.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Action Jacktion posted:

I forgot about this. Wasn't this necessary to save his life or something like that?

Yes, I know the real motivation was to sell a new line of toys. I'm just curious how accurate my childhood memories of the show are.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Miss Lonelyhearts posted:

Children's stories have been hosed up since forever, the world is cruel.
oh yeah totally. but the protagonist becoming the head of his enormous powerful robot mom struck me as a particularly weird look into the creator's psyche

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

was hoping this would be a gender swapped xXx movie

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

loquacius posted:

Inadvertently watched the Seinfeld episode where Kramer does blackface last night

I saw the final curb finale ... 7/10

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Al! posted:

was hoping this would be a gender swapped xXx movie

Furiosa is Mad Maxine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004