Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

It's a dumb thing, but I'm looking for a lie somewhere or other. Thanks for humoring me.

Hal, Moritz? Mind doing the same?

807g Zander that won Sausages and 171g Perch that was worthless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I feel like we already know there is a liar somewhere in three people, and we've got two attempts at most. Swinging out of that pool is going to be needed eventually, but, right now?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

idgi - is this driving at something ?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

I feel like we already know there is a liar somewhere in three people, and we've got two attempts at most. Swinging out of that pool is going to be needed eventually, but, right now?

What???????

Why would we wait????

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

This post has done psychic damage to me and now I do not know if I trust my read of the game anymore

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Sandwolf posted:

What???????

Why would we wait????

What what?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why would we wait to kill one within the pool of liars?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I am humoring Shell, but since we change roles every night I am not sure what you are worried about

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

This post has done psychic damage to me and now I do not know if I trust my read of the game anymore

Lay it down. We have three people, one of which is scum. We have two days to vote them down. Why do we want to go b-, who we know did what he said he did, when he is not one of those three people?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Why would we wait to kill one within the pool of liars?

That's what I am saying not to do wtf

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Shellception posted:

Lay it down. We have three people, one of which is scum. We have two days to vote them down. Why do we want to go b-, who we know did what he said he did, when he is not one of those three people?

I get what you are saying, I still always want to vote my scummiest read so I will start there but based on whatever info you may come up with I would be ok moving to TM or Zoya if need be, but I think TM is scummier and would want to vote there first

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I'm driving at something and I think I might have it already, but I'd like Moritz to pipe on. Sorry I'm not laying it down right now, I promise I will.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

But don't mind me, I actually think we need less math and more Mafia.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

That's what I am saying not to do wtf

Okay sorry I thought you were suggesting we vote outside of the “3 people”

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am humoring Shell, but since we change roles every night I am not sure what you are worried about

I wasn’t calling it scummy, I just don’t get it

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

But don't mind me, I actually think we need less math and more Mafia.

TMor has done no scumhunting, and his few posts when he has checked in appear to be giving the vibe of “totally lost,” but I don’t think it comes off as sincere

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tired Moritz posted:

I just woke up :'(

Frankly I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything. There was a reason why I didn't sign up immediately (op too long didn't read)

“Oh I’m so confused”

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah we should just kill hambeet, right? Unless there's some kind of ninja at play.

Never voted for beet

Tired Moritz posted:

If hambeet flips town, then absolutely cube. If hambeet flips scum, then sand.

Has shown up today stating they think I’m town.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I wasn’t calling it scummy, I just don’t get it

Ok Sandy, bear with me - I promise I'm going to try and make it make sense.

Here are the list of fish and people again, alright? (updated it to be complete)

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Goldfish 841g - missing, presumed Maer
Salmon 7194g - Shell
Roach 221g - Cube
Pike 3411g - Sandy
Perch 395g - Plastic
Whitefish 1544g - Binus
Zander 2733g - Zoya, claimed stolen

No Fish: Hal, TMor

What is important here is that we know one of the three No Fish people is lying, and they had the Zander that won and went unclaimed.

Of the No Fish people, Zoya claims she didn't even get a second prize,

Zoya posted:

hmm. so we know that the thefts happen prior to the judging, presumably in some kind of fishing twilight. the day ended, and i was ready to submit my beloved ZANDER, but was informed it had been stolen out from under me (at which point i staged a mild confessional tantrum in discord emotes). i then submitted 2 other fish, both of which were tiny and didn't even get 2nd place

but i don't see why it would be mandatory for the fish-thief to turn in the fish they stole? they could steal the zander and then turn in a salmon they fished themself instead, for example, if they'd prefer the doc or if they think it has a better chance of being the largest fish

......but, the "winning zander" for yesterday was the exact weight of my zander, so in this case you're probably mostly correct since it being in that list means it must have been submitted and now i've confused myself and forgotten the point i was trying to make

and had

Zoya posted:

112g roach, 3275g salmon

Hal claims:

Hal Incandenza posted:

And TMor claims:

Tired Moritz posted:

Except like a sauna ticket which I guess I could use for bribing but idk it wasn't explained

(but we still don't know what Moritz had)

If we look at the OP, it says:

the OP is loving long go look at it posted:

At the end of the day each player may submit 2 different fish for the day's judging. For each species of fish the biggest submitted fish of the day will be granted a night action power as a prize and the second biggest fish will be granted a randomized item as a cobsolation prize. (...) First place prizes will be judged first and once a player has won a prize they will be ineligible to win for the rest of the day.

My question here is simple.

No one can win two prizes. For Zoya to not have won a single second prize with neither of her two fishes, TMor and Hal both would have needed to take the second prize from her. That is, for neither her Roach or Salmon to win, there must have been a bigger Second Place Roach and a bigger Second Place Salmon.

This isn't impossible. Where it becomes impossible is when Hal claims to have won sausages with a Zander, and not a Roach or Salmon.

TMor can't have two second prizes.

So, unless I am wrong somewhere (which I may be), Zoya should have won a second prize for either of her fish. That's what was bothering me about her claim, and why I dug down on this dumb derail.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I knew you had a reason Shell! I just couldn’t discern it (because I am dumb)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

b-minus1 posted:

It’s not that I don’t think it’s scum zoya. I just feel better about my Hal read

The problem with Hal is that (if scum) they would be gambiting a fish thief power (either lying about it entirely, which seems unlikely unless it's Hal + Zoya exactly) or self-stole/didn't actually use it N1.

That seems like a pretty bold stretch to me.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I knew you had a reason Shell! I just couldn’t discern it (because I am dumb)

Tbf I was kind of obscuring it because I didn't really want to give up what I was looking for, just in case. Sorry for that.

But yeah, barring a Moritz claim, or me being utterly dumb wrong, I think Zoya is lying and had the big Zander - and that's why she never got a second prize. She had a first prize.

##vote Zoya for now, but if someone could pipe on if this logic is, well, logic it'd be appreciated.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I mean I'm still all in on scum Zoya from day 1's mess.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I prefer TMor but I’d do Zoya sure

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CubicalSucrose posted:

The problem with Hal is that (if scum) they would be gambiting a fish thief power (either lying about it entirely, which seems unlikely unless it's Hal + Zoya exactly) or self-stole/didn't actually use it N1.

I’ll take your word on that. I’m not really focusing on fishing mechanics

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

I prefer TMor but I’d do Zoya sure

I mean, I'd do TMor on pure mafia reads. I agree with your case. But I really, really think Zoya is pulling a lie there (just out of not having thought about it too much) and I don't feel like her post history is much to look at, either.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Best way to sort that disjunctive up is to get both of them up and talking, tbh. Can't read what's not there, and both of them feel pretty much absent in both presence and actual game stuff.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

CubicalSucrose posted:

Hal CAN be if he faked the stealing or is paired with the actual thief, but at that point that is so much of a galaxy brain scheme I'm not sure I believe it.

Zoya
Jun 12, 2023

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Shellception posted:

Tbf I was kind of obscuring it because I didn't really want to give up what I was looking for, just in case. Sorry for that.

But yeah, barring a Moritz claim, or me being utterly dumb wrong, I think Zoya is lying and had the big Zander - and that's why she never got a second prize. She had a first prize.

##vote Zoya for now, but if someone could pipe on if this logic is, well, logic it'd be appreciated.

:goofy:

this is a hell of a leap considering we don't even know what maerlyn submitted

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Zoya posted:

:goofy:

this is a hell of a leap considering we don't even know what maerlyn submitted

Maer didn't steal your Zander, so the Zander is still missing.

If Maer won a second prize, and not the Goldfish we're assuming she won, then we don't know where either the Zander or the Goldfish went, which means two of you three are lying. I'll take my odds if so.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

And.

If Maer won a second, and not a first.

If you are the only one in the No Fish group telling the truth and both Hal and TMor are lying about their seconds, and they had a shiny fish either (Goldfish and Zander)

Then it's literally impossible for you to win a second prize.

Because you had two different fish.

Maer could have had, at worst, one. Never two.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mafia edit: literally impossible for you not to win a second prize.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i caught two salmons and a zander today yay

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tbf, it's even worse - looking at it, I had a logic mistake: it's literally impossible for you not to have won a second in any case.

Because if you are telling the truth, you had no fish, and Maer had a fish, that still means one of Hal and TMor lies and has the stolen Zander. So they would have a first and they would not be competing with you for seconds.

With two different fish, and only a single person to fight you for second prize (be it Maer or one of TMor and Hal) you literally cannot lose.

The fish that doesn't match the other person's winning one would automatically win.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Which is why both TMor and Hal won.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

To further drive this home (I'm going to sleep after this don't worry):

- 9 people alive end of D2 (one NK)
- 7 fish prizes awarded.
- 9 - 7 = 2 possible second spots

The only combination that has someone not win any second prizes at all is submitting, IE. Pike and Pike when the other person has a bigger Pike.

Any combo of two different fish presented automatically wins something.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

the other question is what fish did our three no action takers submit

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Someone is sense-checking Shell, maybe? I've been away from a computer for days now and so don't have the Power of Spreadsheets to validate.

Passing reading suggests at least most of what they've been saying has been about right.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I am confused why things are so dead?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I am confused why things are so dead?

I’m hoping TM and Zoya come in and fight to the death.

I think at this point I’m leaning zoya and binus even though TM and binus would be more fun since all the scum replaced out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m town