Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

[MUSK] I don't know Ben Body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Looking Into It With Ben Brody

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"
Elon's lawyer bitching at Bankston- you know, the guy who spent years dealing with the incompetent conga line of lawyers from Alex Jones.

A lawyer getting petty at Bankston while not knowing the law (and deposing someone who pretends what he is being sued over is fake news) is practically habitat enrichment at this point

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

quote:

“But if you’re suggesting that in order to reply to anyone, you have to scroll through all their posts, that would make it impossible to use the system,” he said of his website.

ain't got that dog in him

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

the milk machine posted:

Techno Mechanicus Musk

many people are saying this

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Davethulhu posted:

many people are saying this

looking into this

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

RC Cola posted:

looking into this

concerning

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

brazil, you say? why, i know another lover of free speech that moved to brazil to escape the tyranny of america and revel in free speech

that's right, bah gawd it's glenn greenwald's music! this judge isn't gonna know what hit him!

the brazil files! now on wikileaks and the intercept with breaking updates on x the everything app!

you all doubted glenn-chan but now it all comes together

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Spergin Morlock posted:

Tesla stock for sure. SpaceX is not in any particular financial trouble lol

It lost a billion dollars in 2021 and half a billion in 2022. It looks like it made a profit last year, entirely off the back of starlink.

Musk is hoping for a sale of shares based on a total valuation of the company at $150 billion. The company does not have the demonstrated earnings to support such a valuation. Without his particular brand of snake oil such overvaluations are unlikely.

Ignore_Me posted:

Ah yes the IC and DoD need Musk to protect the stock prices of the two companies the us federal government is heavily subsidizing the poo poo out of and that have limited to no operating revenue outside of government contracts and subsidies

The USA's government is extremely interested in the stockmarket increasing in value. Beyond that, these particular companies having a high valuation allows for future share sales to finance their operations. Then there is the fact if the share price plummets they may struggle to secure credit.

Also the top end of DoD largely functions to keep MIC companies happy. Burn this one and it looks like you aren't a team player and you won't be getting that well paying second career.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

brazil, you say? why, i know another lover of free speech that moved to brazil to escape the tyranny of america and revel in free speech

that's right, bah gawd it's glenn greenwald's music! this judge isn't gonna know what hit him!

the brazil files! now on wikileaks and the intercept with breaking updates on x the everything app!

you all doubted glenn-chan but now it all comes together

If you ever go to brazil, stay the gently caress away from the compound with all the glenn greenwalds clones.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/08/tech/tesla-trial-wrongful-death-walter-huang/index.html

This poor dude's family definitely just pocketed 8 figures.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i repeat we are sold out of techno mechanicus musk license plates

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

spaceblancmange posted:

i repeat we are sold out of techno mechanicus musk license plates

my son is also named techno mechanicus musk

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Weka posted:

Also the top end of DoD largely functions to keep MIC companies happy. Burn this one and it looks like you aren't a team player and you won't be getting that well paying second career.

I should just admit that I don’t know what I’m talking about because I generally agree with everything you’re saying in your response here. I suppose I am simply reacting from a more emotional place where I am disappointed that the techbro frontman for the MIC economic shellgame always has to be someone as transparently lovely as Musk or Altman when so many in my social circles freely gobble the snake oil which makes me the odd man out for getting annoyed having to constantly hear about them. Then again, I’m not sure who the alternative would be, considering that anybody in that role would be a piece of poo poo pushing tech snake oil

Butthead was right, I am big mad

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/faithfunnels/status/1764305456753705176

lol

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Paul’s X to the Ephesians
🧵1/20,234

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I want a church that uses wechat

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
the pope will be able to communicate with god using x, the everything app

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

the money's in the list

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I don't remember Paul's deformed hands in the Bible

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Nah it's just because they're calling elon a loving moron

judges love when your lawyer acts like this

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

Sir Tonk posted:

judges love when your lawyer acts like this

sadly judges love rich fuckers even more

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Someone should tell Paul that you don’t get to take your laptop to jail. He will have to write his Letters on a keistered phone like everyone else.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

or during media center time if the jail owners had a son that died stupidly.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
"in my opinion, you're the one filing the lawsuit" lmao

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

the Apostle Paul would 100% have a lengthy list of posting enemies imo

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Paul wasn't writing poo poo and likely could not write Greek. Paul’s letters are pretty clear, he was dictating everything. Writing was a specialized form of labour that in the Roman world was almost wholly outsourced to slaves, most of the new testament is the product of slave labour.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://x.com/carlquintanilla/status/1777381756036870217

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

WrasslorMonkey posted:

loving amazing. Just like Jones, Musk has clown shoes true believers for attorneys.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

it's be cool to do a strafing run in a P-51 Mustang on all those parked cybertrucks.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Trillhouse posted:

it's be cool to do a strafing run in a P-51 Mustang on all those parked cybertrucks.

They're bulletproof OP it wouldn't do anything.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Oh my god the full deposition js even better than those highlights.

https://www.scribd.com/document/721...m_source=impact

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Texas deposition practice is so wild to me. if you acted like that during a depo in Delaware the judge would come to your house and shoot you in your sleep.

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Precambrian Video Games posted:

They're bulletproof OP it wouldn't do anything.

pretty sure Ukraine just tested a new prototype cyberplane with FSD that can defeat those

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Texas deposition practice is so wild to me. if you acted like that during a depo in Delaware the judge would come to your house and shoot you in your sleep.

Oh he’s not supposed to act like that even in Texas. There are pages and pages on that deposition of Bankston reminding the attorney that:
1) he’s not licensed to practice in Texas
2) he’s not there pro hac vice
3) he has not entered an appearance
4) he has no clue what he’s doing

Musk’s “attorney” is going to get eviscerated by the court.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1777510858995736716

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

a timely reference

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Yeah when a deposition goes like that my understanding is that there’s nothing you can do at the exact moment but then you take the transcript to the court and the court provides… consequences

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

boethius posted:

Paul’s X to the Ephesians
🧵1/20,234

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

it's as if they were a stock pumping cash grab all along lol

Saltpowered posted:

Oh he’s not supposed to act like that even in Texas. There are pages and pages on that deposition of Bankston reminding the attorney that:
1) he’s not licensed to practice in Texas
2) he’s not there pro hac vice
3) he has not entered an appearance
4) he has no clue what he’s doing

Musk’s “attorney” is going to get eviscerated by the court.

Musks life strategy of making GBS threads on multiple v5 firms and calling them vultures in public hasn't planned out for him. womp womp

Spergin Morlock has issued a correction as of 04:44 on Apr 9, 2024