Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i have daubed the thread w a paste made from powdered horse and essential oil of wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

mystical blessings to all my fellow seekers out there~

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

is a fellow seeker like a friend of dorothy

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Squizzle posted:

is a fellow seeker like a friend of dorothy

friend of deity

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

friend of deity

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Rudeboy Detective posted:

mystical blessings to all my fellow seekers out there~
Same to you, thank you!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I bought a D&D tarot deck cause I needed something cool to fuel my delulus

But it renamed the minor arcana to custom D&D names

:argh:
That sucks, but the idea in general still sounds cool! Have you tried doing anything with it yet?

I feel supercharged by the solar eclipse I got to watch yesterday, so I'll probably end up posting tarots of my own here before long.

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
The lvl ii card diviner vs the lvl iii dice diviner

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

all of this celebration of mantic divination is excluding those of us who, barely aware of even the present, cruise magooïcally thru blessing after blessing, evincing at best a dull awareness of our own impossibility

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Squizzle posted:

all of this celebration of mantic divination is excluding those of us who, barely aware of even the present, cruise magooïcally thru blessing after blessing, evincing at best a dull awareness of our own impossibility
I would never wish to make this space feel unwelcome for the dull possibility-cruisers among us. Please feel free.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

as a dullard, i

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

closing this thread until wizard wednesday (unless i forget)

wizard supremacist vibes. Concerning

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
instead of divining - seek the Divine. pray to God the Father and begin your walk with Christ

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Jazerus posted:

wizard supremacist vibes. Concerning
Agreed. What about sorcerers, diviners, dullard, etc.?

Ohtori Akio posted:

instead of divining - seek the Divine. pray to God the Father and begin your walk with Christ
I actually already spoke to Jesus about it, and he said it was chill if I used magic.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dullard is literally the opposite of wizard. rude

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Orbs posted:

I actually already spoke to Jesus about it, and he said it was chill if I used magic.

that was a demon op

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Ohtori Akio posted:

this. so much this ^^^^^^^^^^

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024

Squizzle posted:

Lucky

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Ohtori Akio posted:

that was a demon op
That's... not what they told me. Looking into this.

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024

Squizzle posted:

Propaganda from the throne

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

magooïcally is an anagram of local μᾰ́γοι if you get distracted and forget the y

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ohtori Akio posted:

1 Corinthians 12, NIV posted:

1 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

4 There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. 5 There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work.

7 Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, 10 to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. 11 All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.

But to walk with Christ is to accept the Divine gifts of magic and prophecy and use them for the betterment of humankind :confused:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

what sorta clown rear end faith would forbid the formation of a superhero team

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

But to walk with Christ is to accept the Divine gifts of magic and prophecy and use them for the betterment of humankind :confused:

pentecostal LAB..............

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

spiritual abundance is in your future

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
The best description of the tarot I've ever read has been from, of all people, Mercedes Lackey

E. In her 'Pheonix and Ashes' a young elemental neophyte of fire is enslaved by a mistress of earth via the burying of her fingerbone under a stone of the hearth. The only teacher she has is hedge witch for whom raising up an elemental adept is clearly out of her league. Ahhh, but if she goes through the Tarot sequence as the seeker....

polycritical has issued a correction as of 19:37 on Apr 9, 2024

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Speaking of authors who are also magicians, I was reading Dune Messiah, and the scene where Jessica is introducing Farradn to the start of Bene Gesserit training is Word-For-Word out of Liber Null / Psychonaut

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

1 Corinthians 12, NIV posted:

1 Now about the gifts of the Spirit, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. 2 You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols. 3 Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

actually, that's a no true Spirit fallacy, therefore

Squizzle posted:

we should start saying foolard imo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sherbert Hoover posted:

actually, that's a no true Spirit fallacy, therefore

we should start saying foolard imo

foolhardy is cognate

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

polycritical posted:

Speaking of authors who are also magicians, I was reading Dune Messiah, and the scene where Jessica is introducing Farradn to the start of Bene Gesserit training is Word-For-Word out of Liber Null / Psychonaut

Diana Wynne Jones was also definitely in the magician club, I want to say it was "Deep Secret" that halfway through decided to just drop most of its pretense and become Disclosure??

that is to say nothing of the Moores and Morrisons of the world ofc, who are happy to just say the quiet parts out loud

LITERALLY A BIRD has issued a correction as of 21:51 on Apr 9, 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

polycritical posted:

Dune Messiah precedes Liber Null by like a decade, Caroll would have been about 16 when it came out.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ohtori Akio posted:

polycritical
Mar 7, 2024
Oh fuuuuuuuuuk

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i need to be sucked off immediately how do i summon succcubus

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
theres another thread for that

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

wouldnt you need a succmebus for that

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

everyone forgets about the ligmabus

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
accidentally summoning succubust rodd. SEND EM BACK

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
Here's a secret spell to summon a succubus, just for this thread: embark on a journey of self discovery and improvement, such that at the end, you have made yourself attractive enough to potential partners that the succubus will choose to be with you. Use it wisely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Weka posted:

Ohtori Akio posted: