Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Bald Stalin posted:

Hmmmm that's a tricky one. Is there anything from past history we can look at? Nah. dunno!

?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

:ssh:unionize:ssh:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

im the combination necktie seatbelt

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Pfft that's hard, no, I meant Post.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

blatman posted:

im the doorknob besides the steering wheel with no physical linkage

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

FFT posted:

techbros reinvent trains
c-spammers reinvent Fight Club

HIS NAME WAS TAIN. T. RUNNER!

edit: note to self don't leave the tab open for days while forgetting to actually post lovely joke

Kitfox88 has issued a correction as of 04:05 on Apr 9, 2024

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Palladium posted:

im the doorknob besides the steering wheel with no physical linkage

Hey I'm already the Mystery Knob :colbert:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Shame Boy posted:

Hey I'm already the Mystery Knob :colbert:

we are all mystery knob on this blessed day

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

Ride captain, ride,

Also this made me giggle :shobon:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Kitfox88 posted:

HIS NAME WAS TAIN. T. RUNNER!

edit: note to self don't leave the tab open for days while forgetting to actually post lovely joke

7/10, exceeds expectations. good job

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

blatman posted:

im the lowkey mc escher steering wheel geometry

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
I'm the finger dipped coffee

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

double nine posted:

People thought the seatbelt-tie was just a fad but it really makes you feel like a part of the car

Trying to figure out the physics of what happens when you crash with a seatbelt tie. Presumably your neck snaps a lot?

Also, if you want to find someone who actually likes the morning commute, find a person with kids and a spouse who needs alone time. I honestly kind of get it, and I'm pretty sure there are no other options than hour long commutes
I actually negotiated Tuesday afternoon off specifically for this

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BonHair posted:

Trying to figure out the physics of what happens when you crash with a seatbelt tie. Presumably your neck snaps a lot?

I would assume you get projected through the windshield and simultaneously decapitated. Your head stays on the hood of your car for easy ID, whereas your anonymous headless corpse is flung ~200m to gently caress up somebody's day. A good system imo

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I like the morning commute because I take the train to work :smug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruffian Price posted:

I like the morning commute because I take the train to work :smug:

Reading on the bus is great because people will think you're a dangerous weirdo because you're not drunk and/or staring at your cellular mobile telephone, so they won't sit next to you.

No my BO has nothing to do with it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Reading Das Kapital on the bus and pretending to nod along in agreement

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Milo and POTUS posted:

How do you pretend to nod

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

BonHair posted:

Also, if you want to find someone who actually likes the morning commute, find a person with kids and a spouse who needs alone time. I honestly kind of get it, and I'm pretty sure there are no other options than hour long commutes
I actually negotiated Tuesday afternoon off specifically for this

people who find a driving commute in traffic a relaxing 1 hour are psychopaths.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Incomprehensible built-in briefcase armrest combo is tremendously useful to store my many important documents, draftsman's compass, & slide rule calculator

The steering wheel isn't physically possible but is both the shifter and only the wheel. Personally I drive using only my forearm not my hand for ideal style

No visible back to the seat, in those days you could fully recline them to flat for maximum comfort

Also that coffee he got before drive thrus were invented: go to the drat American diner ya lazy bum, or drink it at your loving job that hasn't existed in 85 years

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

To be fair... posted:

people who find a driving commute in traffic a relaxing 1 hour are psychopaths.

In rush hour to boot.

Failed Imagineer posted:

The nodding is real, the understanding is pretend

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Like this

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ikanreed posted:

Like this

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

To be fair... posted:

Bringing up the mcdonalds coffee burn case is a litmus test for a person’s humanity.

the following two words from that case will make even the most bootstrap, personal responsibilty person hate mcdonalds:

"fused labia"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Dixon Chisholm posted:

the following two words from that case will make even the most bootstrap, personal responsibilty person hate mcdonalds:

lol no it won't

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol no it won't

skill issue

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

One time I was reading a novel (based on real events I think) written by a communist, describing young German boys fighting in the resistance against the Nazi regime, and the people sitting opposite me kept giving me looks. I surreptitiosly checked if my pants were split at the crotch, and tried to peep my reflection in the window to see if I had maybe toothpaste all over my chin or something.

When I got to my stop and put the book in my bag, I realized the e: back cover image was basically just a big-rear end Nazi emblem (when viewed from any distance).

3D Megadoodoo has issued a correction as of 12:06 on Apr 12, 2024

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

the mcdonalds coffee case is a masterclass example of corporate pr victory among the public yeah

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Glad the Stella Awards people who run the Ig Nobel of spurious lawsuits have a "Stella was 100% in the right" disclaimer up now but it's too little too late

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Reading on the bus is great because people will think you're a dangerous weirdo because you're not drunk and/or staring at your cellular mobile telephone, so they won't sit next to you.

No my BO has nothing to do with it.

Finns sit next to each other on the bus?

Consolidated Ed posted:

im just trying to reiterate out how nazi the US is dude, im not trying to rehabilitate nazis or glorify postwar west germany or some poo poo. my point was that the german state considered these people very dangerous, and spent tons of money persecuting them, and they still didnt come close to the kind of repression thats routine, for normal people all the time, in every single us detention facility

You think the people presumably killed by the state in prison were less repressed than everyone in American jails?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Weka posted:

Finns sit next to each other on the bus?

You can't fit everyone on the aisle.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol no it won't

Yeah from experience I can say it does not work lol

Though I was arguing with someone from Europe, who also didn't seem to quite comprehend how in America if you get hurt by a company you can't just get free healthcare and social services to get better and a lawsuit is kinda your only option so idk.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Though he genuinely enjoyed voting for Macron too so I think he might have just been a moron.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Weka posted:

You think the people presumably killed by the state in prison were less repressed than everyone in American jails?

I think the only real conclusion you can draw is "the Nazis were very nice to people they considered valid human beings who deserved it" which tbh so are American cops.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
read this article today and how can the interviewer not ask” what do you mean?”

https://www.wired.com/story/this-woman-will-decide-which-babies-are-born-noor-siddiqui-orchid/

quote:

Does population decline worry you?

I mean, it’s super important. The population of all of the places we love is shrinking. In 50 years, 30 years, you’ll have half as many people in places that you love. Society will collapse. We have to solve it. It’s very critical.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Hmmm I wonder :hitler:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

sonatinas posted:

https://www.wired.com/story/this-woman-will-decide-which-babies-are-born-noor-siddiqui-orchid/

Somehow when society previously had half as many people as there are now, it did not, in fact, collapse, so I'm not sure why these definitely-not-nazis think it will happen this time.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh no, we might be destined for the abandoned desolate horror of the dark age of *checks* 1975

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

sonatinas posted:

Even better:

quote:

by the way, are you like this other fraud?

Lol, lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Shame Boy posted:

Somehow when society previously had half as many people as there are now, it did not, in fact, collapse, so I'm not sure why these definitely-not-nazis think it will happen this time.

Shame Boy posted:

Oh no, we might be destined for the abandoned desolate horror of the dark age of *checks* 1975

They're referring to white people population as a percentage vs. bad inferior others that they don't love