Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

davecrazy posted:

Pence said that he “turned his back” on the pro life crowd that got him elected in ‘16.

They will 100% believe that he's lying to get elected because he already did the thing they wanted so he's actually on their side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

They will 100% believe that he's lying to get elected because he already did the thing they wanted so he's actually on their side.
And they would be correct.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

OddObserver posted:

And they would be correct.

He's on the side of being lazy and self absorbed. He'll do what they want if it's easy and helps him. He won't if it won't.
I have no doubts that Trump does not care in the slightest about abortion laws one way or another.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Yes, and the lazy thing to do is to nominate judges off the list that gets handed to him.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
BREAKING NEWS:

https://twitter.com/postoctobrist/status/1777662379880222773

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

Buccee's is great when you're on a road trip. But I do not understand the obsession to the point of needing 700 parking spaces.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie's abortion nonsense is kayfabe, he's transparently saying poo poo that he thinks will get him elected, then have wingnuts stop abortion pill transportation and abortions via Comstock executive actions. All theatre.

Speaking of:

https://twitter.com/AliceOllstein/status/1777744471951544672?t=AzBN4FxPQCSYPfJmJHT1sg&s=19

Democrats have learned the lesson of the last few years: get abortion on ballot initiatives.

https://twitter.com/maxpcohen/status/1777749186860982657?t=HB17QSLHBKBgSDRBqVQPdg&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 9, 2024

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MonkeyFit posted:

Buccee's is great when you're on a road trip. But I do not understand the obsession to the point of needing 700 parking spaces.

I'm imagining it being nearly in the middle of nowhere, because that's the only place I can imagine a giant gas station being.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

MonkeyFit posted:

The Titusville one is outside of barber motorsports so it gets a lot traffic in racing season.

Athens is in the middle of Tennessee on the way before the long, long, Alabama corridor on 65. It's a fukken zoo, but Athens has some neat history of being the only town a bunch of vets overthrew in 1946.

People just hang out at the one near Loxley. These are places where there's nothing, and this gas station is a Walmart and BBQ joint and 7/11 all in one.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I hit the two on I40 on the way to Nashville last week, it's like a soulless private equity franchised South of the Border

bengy81
May 8, 2010
They are scheduled to build a Buccees about a mile from my house in the next two years.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i cannot fathom an 80,000 square foot gas station. that's over half the size of the loving costco here.

what do you even do with all that space?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Zamujasa posted:

i cannot fathom an 80,000 square foot gas station. that's over half the size of the loving costco here.

rent it out to arbys and the like.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Zamujasa posted:

Bunch of rent by the hour shower and beds for lot lizards and their customers.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Not far from me, they built a big 7-11; like a flagship store more than twice the size of average, with a dozen gas pumps. It was supposed to be the centerpiece of a new buildup next to an off ramp. Cost over 2 million to build.

Closed indefinitely having never opened, because the people who were in charge of the project tried to bypass certain permits to build quick, and told some mistruths on their applications. The Project heads were in good with the local government, and this was supposed to be the lynch pin of this new build up, and instead is an anchor no one can get rid off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Zamujasa posted:

Buckees is basically a mini Walmart with a food court, so yeah they are massive

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Tiny Timbs posted:

I think it’s pretty unlikely Elon ever actually read Banks; the Culture novels would give him a panic attack

I know this is from way back, but I'm reading my first Culture novel (The Player of Games) and within two, maybe three chapters I was struck by how much Elon would hate the society he is naming his ships after.

MonkeyFit posted:

Florida people love Texas poo poo. Only Ted Cruz fan I've ever met was a Florida Man.

The beef jerky is great though.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Buckees is basically a mini Walmart with a food court, so yeah they are massive

Plus plentiful and super clean bathrooms

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

It’s best thought of as similar to a large toll road travel plaza with a bunch of stores inside.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

It’s best thought of as similar to a large toll road travel plaza with a bunch of stores inside.

So basically Autogrill with worse coffee.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bulletsponge13 posted:

Not far from me, they built a big 7-11; like a flagship store more than twice the size of average, with a dozen gas pumps. It was supposed to be the centerpiece of a new buildup next to an off ramp. Cost over 2 million to build.

Closed indefinitely having never opened, because the people who were in charge of the project tried to bypass certain permits to build quick, and told some mistruths on their applications. The Project heads were in good with the local government, and this was supposed to be the lynch pin of this new build up, and instead is an anchor no one can get rid off.

More of an albatross, really

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

hobbesmaster posted:

that makes some sense, the largest gas station i recall stopping at was the utterly insane "eddie world" on the way home from california once and even then it just felt massive and empty. some places on the way to/from new mexico were also pretty big but even then

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Crab Dad posted:

Bunch of rent by the hour shower and beds for lot lizards and their customers.

Buc-ee's doesn't allow any of this at all. It's a semi-free zone

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
bussy's

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Risk it for the Brisket.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Platystemon posted:

Risk it for the Brisket.

Me playing Guilty Gear: Strive

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-68774195

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Vriess posted:

The Titusville one is outside of barber motorsports so it gets a lot traffic in racing season.

Athens is in the middle of Tennessee on the way before the long, long, Alabama corridor on 65. It's a fukken zoo, but Athens has some neat history of being the only town a bunch of vets overthrew in 1946.

People just hang out at the one near Loxley. These are places where there's nothing, and this gas station is a Walmart and BBQ joint and 7/11 all in one.

The Daytona one is across the street from the Tanger Outlet and a bunch of other shopping and dining options.

They are building one just north of Area A at WPAFB.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Daytona one is across the street from the Tanger Outlet and a bunch of other shopping and dining options.

They are building one just north of Area A at WPAFB.

They're building one in the Phoenix metro area. I just don't understand the cult following. Emphasis on cult.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's Trader Joe's for rednecks, just a gas station rather than a grocery store.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Buccee’s is better than Trader Joe’s on the basis that they’re not suing to kill the NLRB.

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009
Not yet anyways. We'll see when they expand even more.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Platystemon posted:

Buccee’s is better than Trader Joe’s on the basis that they’re not suing to kill the NLRB.

I keep seeing the buccees wages posted as an example of what a company could afford to pay their workers.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Platystemon posted:

Trader Joe's is just Aldi Nord with upscale trappings.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Are they privately owned?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Are they privately owned?

They're literally a subsidiary of Aldi Nord. I think Aldi Nord is the German equivalent of an LLC? Is that what a GMBH is?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

They're literally a subsidiary of Aldi Nord. I think Aldi Nord is the German equivalent of an LLC? Is that what a GMBH is?

Yes

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

company with limited liability = gesellschaft mit begrenzter haftnung. The most literal there ever was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
you want to do what with my gesellschaft?!