Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Aug. 26, 1962)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I'd say Tiff and Bets are idiots but MBAs reaching the conclusion that their business will infinitely grow at all times seems pretty on brand for capitalism. :v:

They're idiots for thinking what they do is worth $500 and that college students have that freely on hand, lol.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Hmm, should I link That Scene from Homeward Bound *now*, or wait?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Selachian posted:

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 6/6-8/77

OK; this one got a real good belly laugh outta me.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

Can't remember if this is an attitude that ever appears directly in the strip or if it's just the strip's fans being weirdos, but either way it's gross.

My recollection is that it was the fans (or at least a vocal segment of them) who decided that April was an evil child who'd murdered poor Farley and must never, ever be forgiven.

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/8/04

Brenda Starr 12/25-27/52

Smokey Stover 10/30/60

Now there's a blast from the past. My grandparents were the last generation to still regularly carry change purses.

Everyday Movies 6/2/37

"Ho hum. No more sweepstakes tickets for me, Duke. I been stayin' awake nights worryin' about the big income tax I'd hafta pay if I won $150,000."

Another reference to the Irish Sweepstakes, one of the few sort of legal ways to gamble in 1937.

Requiem for a Gorilla 6/24-26/43

Closer Than We Think! 10/30/60

The ancient Greek holy water vending machine was a design by Hero of Alexandria.

Bonus Comic!

Selachian fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 9, 2024

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Scarlet is the best strip in the thread. Oh my God. I'm dying. :laffo:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Requiem for a Gorilla 6/25-26/43

Couldn't bear to shoot him so we'll drown him instead. :psyduck:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

let's loving goooooooo

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!
Frank and Ernest

j/k

(6/3/1994)

(6/4/1994)

Ziggy

(11/12/1971)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Tiggum posted:

*Someone* hasn't seen The Prestige.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I'm waiting for the dogs to blink

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I hate this poo poo. Josh is an unlikeable dick and Marla gets punished for giving him a bit of what he's had coming to him.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TBF to Luann the only mistake that I see in their plan is that they should be charging 50,000 and targeting VC failsons with it instead of 500 and targeting college students. Nothing else needs to be changed. They can just call it brA(i)ndle.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I hate this poo poo. Josh is an unlikeable dick and Marla gets punished for giving him a bit of what he's had coming to him.

That’s what makes it a bit too realistic for a funny page comic lol

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (March 12, 1936)

Peanuts (April 12, 1977)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Li'l Abner (April 16-18, 1936)

Thimble Theater (November 12, 1940)

Out Our Way (June 1-3, 1944)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Tiggum posted:

This is dumb even by Luann standards. This is the kind of plan a six-year-old would come up with.

and yes still 100 times better than any of the degroot stories we will have to endure in a week or two

i was so pumped when this came across the patreon feed. this arc is going places

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

and yes still 100 times better than any of the degroot stories we will have to endure in a week or two

i was so pumped when this came across the patreon feed. this arc is going places

My favorite aspect of crabgrass is not so much the wild stories but the way he loving commits to them and goes deeeeep

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

:sickos:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
lol that cat

Kennel fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 9, 2024

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
oh my god the Redd Fox joke holy poo poo

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Rose rules. The strip really hit its stride adding her to the cast.

Heart of the City

Alley Oop

Curtis

I misread that as "when they're awake" at first and I was ready to scream at Billingsley again.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Flash Gordon

You know, in a way, FG does the same kind of "I never would have seen that coming" swerves as Invisible Scarlet O'Neil, but completely straight-faced and it usually works. A sinister plot about ice fishing rights? Never would have seen that coming but I'm on board.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Selachian posted:

If he's smart why don't they rely on him doing tricks and stuff instead of acting ferocious?

Tiggum posted:

Actively holding a gun aimed at him and firing would probably be more difficult than to just push the wagon towards a deep pond. Even if they know the outcome will be the same it doesn't feel the same. Shooting would probably be more "humane", if that word could even apply in any way.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Didn't the strip the other day say that the rain makes the river flow faster? Just seems like this is going to end with both the kid and Farley drowning. Or the puppy jumps in to add to the pile and everyone dies. Lynn's artstyle doesn't have much in the way of a sense of motion, either, so the way each panel is slooooooowly displaying each aspect of this event makes it come across as hamfisted more than anything.

Also good lord, the dog looks unsettling with the typical FOOB Face of round, lifeless eyes and triangular, open mouth. I know it's not the intent, but it makes it seem like FOOB mom possessed poor Farley.

Powered Descent posted:

Flash Gordon

You know, in a way, FG does the same kind of "I never would have seen that coming" swerves as Invisible Scarlet O'Neil, but completely straight-faced and it usually works. A sinister plot about ice fishing rights? Never would have seen that coming but I'm on board.

This is giving me such King of Dragon Pass vibes, it's great! Clearly, the answer is to compose a poem that shames Lonzich for being a filthy ice plot buyer.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Selachian posted:

Scarlet is just loving incredible. We simply have NO CHOICE but to DROWN THE GORILLA, possibly one of the WORST WAYS TO KILL SOMETHING

also this panel sums up The Entire Series

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

e:

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

Th...the I in I-Pass stands for Illinois, Boyce. :psyduck:

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Apr 9, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

This was the most matching Scott Meets Family Circus I could find.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

O-okay, the cat in the, whatever you call it, front body sling?

A bit much, Estelle.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Taking the "Spending time at a friend's house and learning how their family operates on a day-to-day basis" premise to absurd heights, I love it

Selachian posted:

What makes it sing is the nonstop "(sob)" as everybody simultaneously comes to the conclusion that they have to kill this gosh-darn gorilla right the hell now.

Arlo, you're doing it wrong, you've got to rephrase what they say in the form of a question.

Haifisch posted:

Mexikid Stories

Hoping that a Mexican and/or numismatist can let us know how much money Mexikid was shorting himself due to his color-based peso fixation.

Cul de Sac

Dill's kind of an idiot such a good friend.

FoxTrot Classix

Rose Is Rose

God, I hate it. It's cutsey and dumb but what's really obnoxious is that the baby talk is just so much. Getting that many extra sounds into every single word is like...changing accents mid-phoneme.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Why are we being tortured with Rose is Rose again? Why for god's sake, why?!

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

lol

What's great is, this cat is gonna save humanity now and still walk away with eight lives.

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

God drat am I sick of the two fists o' justice poo poo.

I dunno, I think it's pretty fetch.

Selachian posted:

This is the greatest thing I've ever read. This sudden, despairing, completely whimsical and voluntary gorilla drowning. The sheer evitability of this oncoming tragedy.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Wilbur: "I have some fish that have also failed to get me women, Estelle. I was hoping you'd take them in, too."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

readingatwork posted:

Big Nate

Do they give out syllabuses (syllabusi?) in middle school? I don't think I ever saw one until college.
This is unlikely to ever come up again in your life, but syllabuses and syllabi are both acceptable (but not syllabusi).

Also I'm joining the chorus in praising Crabgrass and Invisible Scarlett O'Neill.

And Flash Gordon continues to be a master class in comic strip storytelling.

F Minus

Mark Trail

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

CK is catching up with where we left off in Apartment 3-G so I'll start posting that again.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Why are we being tortured with Rose is Rose again? Why for god's sake, why?!

a bunch of people declared that they love Rose is Rose, actually, and that we're a bunch of cynical killjoys

some sick minds itt

yoonikawrn

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Absolutely convinced Jules is drunk when she writes these.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

someone awful. posted:

a bunch of people declared that they love Rose is Rose, actually, and that we're a bunch of cynical killjoys

I do not believe this for a moment.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Vargo posted:

Absolutely convinced Jules is drunk when she writes these.

i can't imaging jamse wasn't either maybe it is a requirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i can't imaging jamse wasn't either maybe it is a requirement

The curse of Mark Trail is passed down through spirits (both ethereal and ethanol)

Scary Go Round (January 31-February 2, 2006)

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 14, 2024