Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Oh, I saw this around the time the game released on ps5 and I didn't do her quest until last week so I definitely forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

YES bread posted:

bad video games does and posts things arbitrarily, simply nod and keep scrolling

Their username needs to add "at"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Petition for a word filter to change "building pity" to "being a dumbass"

It's just gamblingmaxxing because the ultimate thing to risk in this game is your rolls and your guarantee

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Kyrosiris posted:

Their username needs to add "at"

I keep meaning to put "opinions" on the end, but I ain't paying for it.

Also, for all of my bad pulling decisions, I still don't have Yanqing. :D

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 9, 2024

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
I continue to be trolled by the Quantum relics. My best crit rate chests that haven't been fed into the amazing +15 that I am currently using, contrasted with some of the crit damage chest pieces that I have had drop. I wonder if the game is trying to tell me those 4 stat crit damage chests will roll all 5 times into crit rate. I'm not quite there yet.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

qbert posted:

How are people using so much SP with Huohuo? My Huohuo almost never uses her skill and can keep the entire party fully healed on Talent+LC alone.

On the DHIL team he's casting his Ult so often that she's completely SP positive.

Edit: Maybe it's because people didn't pull her LC and don't realize it's so insanely good.

I do not, in fact, have her LC.

I also forgot Yukong has a super fast sprint Technique, saves a lot of time running around!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I can’t think of a single 5 star that I actively regret pulling for— I haven’t used Seele for months but she carried me through those first few banners like she did for quite a few people, I imagine. Everyone else sees at least some use, though with Acheron I’m pulling out the Kafka/BS wombo combo less often than I used to. I guess people have turned on Luocha now but he’s just so easy to throw in anywhere and I got a double drop for his E1 so he’s contributing some attack too.

The nature of gacha games is to eventually have a massive horde of powerhouses you barely use because you got better ones, griping about it feels weird to me.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Meiteron posted:

The outcome of that spoiler section is 100% the plot hook which will be yanked when it's time to give TB their Hunt path. I know there was chatter about how we probably won't go back to the Luofu again as part of the MSQ; but conservation of storytelling says if you spend all this time saying:

1. The Xianzhou fleet are The Hunt People
2. The TB is going to get every path eventually
3. We left the Luofu without getting Hunt

Yeah, we're going back. Maybe not the same ship, but we're not done with Space China.

people weren't doubting ever returning, they were doubting there'd be an entire other ship planet with the same culture/design as the xianzhou luofu

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

If any I hope we visit the Yaoqing and see the families of both Sushang and Baiheng

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 9, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I hope we kill Yanqing with our Hunt bow.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Bad Video Games posted:

:hmmyes:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i want to keep him around so we can keep beating him up and bullying him

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

i want to keep him around so we can keep beating him up and bullying him

It’s patch 5.2, we haven’t been back to the Loufu in almost a year. There’s a new companion quest.

Yanqing is there, ready to be punched for clout.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

jing yuan should send yanqing on a mission to investigate the IPC and then he gets captured and then mihoyo removes him from the game because nobody ever saved him

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Excelzior posted:

If any I hope we visit the Yaoqing and see the families of both Sushang and Baiheng

IIRC Sushang said the Yaoqing maintains strong relations with the IPC and culturally shifted that way. If we do visit there I expect it to reflect modern China as opposed to fantasy China in terms of environments

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Bad Video Games posted:

Our hunt weapon is going to be a wooden stick carved into a spear plus a trash can lid shield. Maybe a Rambo bandanna and camo face paint.

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Tarezax posted:

IIRC Sushang said the Yaoqing maintains strong relations with the IPC and culturally shifted that way. If we do visit there I expect it to reflect modern China as opposed to fantasy China in terms of environments

Also, would be another arc where the IPC gets to be the bad guys

(i approve because the ipc sucks poo poo and we should never stop dunking on them, ever(even tho i'm apparently a ten stonehearts collector now, lol))

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

bagrada posted:

Our hunt weapon is going to be a wooden stick carved into a spear plus a trash can lid shield. Maybe a Rambo bandanna and camo face paint.

Throw in a volleyball with a face painted on it and I'm sold.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
We'll get The Hunt by following Boothill around and becoming a Galaxy Ranger.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Clarste posted:

We'll get The Hunt by following Boothill around and becoming a Galaxy Ranger.

Our weapon would have to be a drill in that case.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

also sick shades

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Meiteron posted:

Basically all you need to know about Luocha honkai-lore-wise is laid out for you in his character quest: Welt, who is explicitly the HI3 Welt just out and travelling the universe now gets one look at this dude and immediately goes Oh poo poo. He takes the time to explain to us that he's aware people are different out here in the universe compared to the versions he knows but that dude was Bad loving News (and he was).

The game pulls an expected subversion then when in that same character quest it turns out Luocha actually seems to be this nice fellow who helped out some local civilians and the whole thing was a false alarm! Then when we check back in on the Luofu briefly pre-Penacony the game then subverts the subversion - turns out, Luocha brought the Stellaron onto the Luofu in the first place, kickstarting the entire arc, as part of a grander plan to get Luocha and Jingliu arrested. Due to the severity of the offense, they will be brought to face judgement on another one of the Xianzhou ships in front of their highest authorities..

The outcome of that spoiler section is 100% the plot hook which will be yanked when it's time to give TB their Hunt path. I know there was chatter about how we probably won't go back to the Luofu again as part of the MSQ; but conservation of storytelling says if you spend all this time saying:

1. The Xianzhou fleet are The Hunt People
2. The TB is going to get every path eventually
3. We left the Luofu without getting Hunt

Yeah, we're going back. Maybe not the same ship, but we're not done with Space China.

One more detail is the Welt and Acheron conversation that explicitly says that doppelgangers broadly speaking have similar natures. Not to say that Luocha is explicitly evil but he's apparently just a schemer who will stab you in front with a smile no matter whether he's good or bad.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I would save yanqing

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Tarezax posted:

its be kinda cool to see a take on what modern china would look like if the imperial age was actually all xianxia wizards

e: though i do hope that sushangs family is nothing but a bunch of rural hayseeds

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

One more detail is the Welt and Acheron conversation that explicitly says that doppelgangers broadly speaking have similar natures. Not to say that Luocha is explicitly evil but he's apparently just a schemer who will stab you in front with a smile no matter whether he's good or bad.

Also, Otto is in this universe. There will be at least one instance where we meet Otto and think we're talking to Luocha.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Eej posted:

He says they have the same faces, familiar names and fate generally makes them walk similar paths, but they can have completely different personalities actually. In Luocha’s quest he even points out that it’s possible for there to be a variant of March 7th who is a bloodthirsty pirate.

There is a reason why Raiden Ei is nothing like Raiden Mei personality wise and Acheron is like an older, more jaded and traumatized Raiden Mei. Or why HSR Seele is brash, hot blooded and loves fighting when she’s shy and reserved in HI3. Or why Yanqing is a stupid lovely coplet that nobody likes instead of a violent drunkard murder hobo who cheats on his wife who nobody likes.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I think Robin’s song is a bit too repetitive and it gets stuck in my head too easily for me to roll (tho i like it quite a bit, woooOEEooooaw review your definitionnn~) but if they pulled a Transistor I’d be begging the gacha gods to win it. If you give me “Robin in the party hums or sings along to the background music of each fight” and I can farm to a cute pop cover of Wildfire, then I’d be delighted.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i hope we get bloodthirsty pirate march 7

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

OK, hypercarry Critka is hilarious. Also, the way Tingyun works is pretty funny.

It's a bit skewed by the current MoC buff. But hypercarry crit build Kafka bodies Yanqing in the same amount of cycles as my best DoT build. It's also as fast as my Mid Yuan can kill his protege. It would be even better if I had a crit build in the Prisoner set online.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Lazy_Liberal posted:

i hope we get bloodthirsty pirate march 7

yeah stop crushing our dreams old man

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
huohuo's great because her regular attack is her flag dragging her to something to smack it.

unfortunately this is hard to see without going to 1x speed. absolutely tragic.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Selenephos posted:

Or why Yanqing is a stupid lovely coplet that nobody likes instead of a violent drunkard murder hobo who cheats on his wife who nobody likes.

Do we hate OG murderhobo Yanqing or do we hate his wife?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Zenostein posted:

huohuo's great because her regular attack is her flag dragging her to something to smack it.

They should have kept whatever original idea with her using a Box Cutter that they had imo

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Selenephos posted:

He says they have the same faces, familiar names and fate generally makes them walk similar paths, but they can have completely different personalities actually. In Luocha’s quest he even points out that it’s possible for there to be a variant of March 7th who is a bloodthirsty pirate.

There is a reason why Raiden Ei is nothing like Raiden Mei personality wise and Acheron is like an older, more jaded and traumatized Raiden Mei. Or why HSR Seele is brash, hot blooded and loves fighting when she’s shy and reserved in HI3. Or why Yanqing is a stupid lovely coplet that nobody likes instead of a violent drunkard murder hobo who cheats on his wife who nobody likes.

Well, I did mean nature rather than personality. Raiden Mei is a very disciplined lightning sword lady who is ferociously protective of her friends and she has a very soft side to her around familiar faces. Acheron was too, except she lost all her friends so all she has left is the sword but she still takes the time to pull random strangers out of being sucked into nihility. In Genshin she is split into two people, Makoto who is a warm and friendly person and Ei who is the stolid warrior. Unlike Acheron's story, the kind side of Genshin's Raiden Mei literally died leaving only the warrior behind and that's why Inazuma gets all hosed up. "If saving you is a sin then I'll gladly become a sinner" is basically the inherent nature of any Raiden Mei.

HSR Seele is just the inverse of Genshin Mei, a blended personality of both Seeles together in one person. And Yanqing is like idk, 8 Xianzhou years old or something he's not old enough to be that poo poo yet.

Luocha brought "the cancer of all worlds" onto the Xianzhou Luofu as part of a plot to gain an audience with the leaders of Xianzhou. That's literally a world ending calamity just brazenly used as a tool in a grander scheme (killing Yaoshi) and perfectly in line with the kind of gambits that Otto pulls.

Bronya is similar to APHO Bronya in her reserved, responsible nature while Silver Wolf is younger Bronya in her gremlin gamer stage. They're both expressions of what Mihoyo has written as fundamental traits of Bronya Zaychik.

Eej fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Apr 10, 2024

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Zenostein posted:

It's Tail pushing her forward into the enemy while she desperately flails

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Carew posted:

2.2 character leak:

Robin ult song got giga buffed:
https://streamable.com/lisgw2

You have to appreciate that the floating notes are the sheet music for melody of the chorus though (up to and including the correct key signature).

I feel like whoever made Furina’s ult had a bet of some sort with whoever made this one.

E:

qbert posted:

How are people using so much SP with Huohuo? My Huohuo almost never uses her skill and can keep the entire party fully healed on Talent+LC alone.

On the DHIL team he's casting his Ult so often that she's completely SP positive.

Edit: Maybe it's because people didn't pull her LC and don't realize it's so insanely good.

I’ve never had any real sp issues with her either, and she’s usually sp positive (1 skill, 2 normals) but yeah I have her LC too. It’s extremely good with Gallagher as well, and I can’t imagine its value will go down in the future. The more ults the more free heals.

rio fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 10, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My kid took one look at Boothill and said I had to get him, so I'm trying for him on a 50/50. I'm still getting Aventurine.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I'd like to build a FUA team but I only have Ratio right now and am maybe pulling for Aventurine. I have like no sustains aside from fireblazer so even without FUA Aventurine seems nice unless I magically get Gepard sometime. I've got a DoT team (Kafka, Black Swan, Ruan Mei, Luocha), DHIL Team (DHIL, Luocha, Sparkle, Tingyun), and Acheron Team (Ach, Guin, Pela, Gallagher) so far. I pulled for Luocha because I was tired of only have Natasha and Lynx for heals and Gallagher feels great on my Ach team at E6.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I’m still gonna guess that Marsha Hua will have Senti’s personality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gallagher is awesome. I love that man.