Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Al-Saqr posted:

no offence to all of you who are american military people but i sure as heck dont thank you for your service.

Hey buddy here we support the troops defending us from terrorists and pirates, those troops being Hezbollah Hamas and Ansar Allah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

For real disappointed that there hasn’t been any real noise or it’s been kept quiet, in Vietnam there was actually a near-mutiny on one carrier and even with the bombing of Libya there were like a few people on ships involved who got in trouble for posting about how stupid and bad it was. Pretty pathetic there hasn’t been much of that as far as I’m aware.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Leandros posted:

why does he say in Sparta? Like is the entire region Sparta?

he's imagining a techno-entrepreneurial economy imbedded within a culture of extreme militarism. his language is roughly as confused as his ideas of what those places are like

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they asked Yemen to stop the blockade in exchange for taking them back off the terrorism list

:eng101: "Considering" taking them off the list

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

DeimosRising posted:

he's imagining a techno-entrepreneurial economy imbedded within a culture of extreme militarism. his language is roughly as confused as his ideas of what those places are like

You get to feel like a badass operator all the time and take freakish libidinal joy in killing people with immunity but also your job killing people is just a lethal version of being a fat slob computer toucher that lives entirely on DoorDashed fast food from filipino slaves is the gist I’m guessing

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
mayor of Sderot crying and making GBS threads his diapers that the palestinians will get to live in northern gaza again, suck to suck, loser.

=====

Mayor of Sderot: Concerned about the return of Gazans to the northern Gaza Strip

The mayor of Sderot said he was concerned about the removal of the Israeli army from the Gaza Strip, and that what he says most worrying is that they want to return the Gazans to the northern Strip.

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...31610;&%231583;

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al-Saqr posted:

silicon valley sparta

Fartr

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Oh also it will involve a LOT of loving kids.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yes that is the part that makes sense. He already said that Israel was content with living normal westoid consoomer lifestyles, so they are the Truman in the analogy. What doesn't make sense is the savages tearing down screens with machetes. The Truman Show was a fully realized environment inside a massive soundstage. The catch was that Truman could never leave his hometown. I think Bennet is getting his metaphors mixed up with The Wizard of Oz.

but that is the opposite of the premise of the Truman show!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Spara was very much no girls allowed dude. That was definitely not pan sexual, and nobody cared about women's bodies.

On her wedding night, a woman had her hair shaved like a soldier, was dressed in mens clothes, and went into her husband's chambers after dark.

They were pansexual in that they wanted to gently caress a hairy goatman.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

is it possible to die from secondhand embarrassment?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

alarumklok posted:

is it possible to die from secondhand embarrassment?

If you have a relative thinking of enlisting show them his twitter

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Wehrmacht is a better analogy imo. Much more banal type of evil.

clean carrier myth

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hamas does its third heavy mortaring operation today, apparently theyre sending the message that israeli positions and concentrations in gaza and especiallt at their 'corridor' will never be safe for them.

====

Al-Qassam Brigades announces the bombing of crowds of Israeli forces southwest of Gaza City

The Qassam Brigades said they jointly with the Mujahideen Brigades shelled crowds of Israeli forces southwest of Gaza City with mortars.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

american officials are claiming that netanyahu is essentially Baghdad Bob'ing and blustering about rafah to save himself politically.

==::=

Politico: Netanyahu’s statements on Rafah operation politically motivated

Politico on U.S. and Israeli officials:

If Netanyahu had a history of Operation Rafah, he did not reach who would carry it out.

Netanyahu’s announcement to set a date for the Rafah process is to ward off challenges that could bring down his government.

Netanyahu’s statements on Operation Rafah are politically motivated.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Zodium posted:

clean carrier myth

I’m sorry I saw this now you have to too

https://x.com/ChowdahHill/status/1777353358019613110

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

american officials are claiming that netanyahu is essentially Baghdad Bob'ing and blustering about rafah to save himself politically.

If Netanyahu had a history of Operation Rafah, he did not reach who would carry it out.

Netanyahu’s announcement to set a date for the Rafah process is to ward off challenges that could bring down his government.

I've said it before but Netanyahu will do literally anything to stay in power including extending a war that's bankrupting his nation .

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

lol America just openly admitting they are involved in orchestrating the genocide by saying 'we know he isn't going to do it because we aren't going to help him do it and he can't get poo poo done without our help'.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

pov you're using the eyes of death to kill this man with eye contact

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Hey buddy here we support the troops defending us from terrorists and pirates, those troops being Hezbollah Hamas and Ansar Allah.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/contradicting-netanyahu-gallant-told-austin-no-date-set-for-rafah-op-source/
Defense Minister Yoav Gallant told US counterpart Lloyd Austin during a call yesterday that Israel has not set a date for the launch of a major ground offensive in Rafah, contradicting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a source familiar with the matter tells The Times of Israel.

Gallant said Israel is still finalizing its plans to evacuate the roughly 1.5 million Palestinians currently sheltering in Gaza’s southernmost city after fleeing the fighting areas to the north, the source says, confirming reporting in Axios and Haaretz.

The call took place hours after Netanyahu claimed in a public statement that a date had been set for the Rafah operation.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/contradicting-netanyahu-gallant-told-austin-no-date-set-for-rafah-op-source/
Defense Minister Yoav Gallant told US counterpart Lloyd Austin during a call yesterday that Israel has not set a date for the launch of a major ground offensive in Rafah, contradicting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, a source familiar with the matter tells The Times of Israel.

Gallant said Israel is still finalizing its plans to evacuate the roughly 1.5 million Palestinians currently sheltering in Gaza’s southernmost city after fleeing the fighting areas to the north, the source says, confirming reporting in Axios and Haaretz.

The call took place hours after Netanyahu claimed in a public statement that a date had been set for the Rafah operation.

can we get a forum script to replace "relocate" with "ethnically cleanse"?

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

For real disappointed that there hasn’t been any real noise or it’s been kept quiet, in Vietnam there was actually a near-mutiny on one carrier and even with the bombing of Libya there were like a few people on ships involved who got in trouble for posting about how stupid and bad it was. Pretty pathetic there hasn’t been much of that as far as I’m aware.

an enlisted man set himself on fire a few weeks ago?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New Footage from hamas via aljazeera, and one of the longest in a while.
Key things from the footage:
turning the entire strip to rubble has only increased their ability to setup ambushes and covert cameras
They dont seem to be in any shortage of their home grown ammunition and are capturing IDF arms and ammo
They are still ambushing and routing IDF in the northern strip and Khan Younis, places Israel insists have been cleared.

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 23:26 on Apr 9, 2024

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

AFP posted:

Ireland will move to recognise a Palestinian state in the coming weeks, Irish Foreign Minister Micheal Martin said Tuesday in Dublin.

Martin said he will bring a formal proposal on recognition of a Palestinian state to the government when "wider international discussions" are complete.

"Be in no doubt, recognition of a Palestinian state will happen," he told the Irish parliament during a speech.

Delaying recognition "is not credible or tenable any longer," he said.

Martin later told local news site the Journal that the formal proposal will happen "in the next couple of weeks".

He said that for the past six months he has been in discussions about recognition with other countries involved in peace initiatives.

Last month the leaders of Spain, Ireland, Slovakia and Malta said in a joint statement that they stand ready to recognise Palestinian statehood.

Ireland has long said it has no objection in principle to officially recognising the Palestinian state if it could help the peace process in the Middle East.

But the war in Gaza has given the issue new impetus.

The war broke out with Hamas's October 7 attack against Israel, which resulted in the deaths of 1,170 people, mostly civilians, according to Israeli figures.

Israel's retaliatory offensive has killed at least 33,360 people in Gaza, mostly women and children, according to the Hamas-run territory's health ministry.

"I am in no doubt that war crimes have been committed and I utterly condemn the ongoing bombardment of the Gazan people," said Martin.

Statehood recognition "could be a catalyst to help the people of Gaza and the West Bank and in furthering an Arab-led peace initiative," he said.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

In other news some bullshit just slipped from bidens cheeks again regarding how mad he is with netanyahu (not at all) and that he calls for a ceasefire (where israel gets to go back to how it was and gazans get rubble)

And trying to set up another camp david because of those unreasonable arabs
You cant say in one breath that you have fundamental disagreements with Israels approach to gaza and rhen also say theyve done everything in their power in negotiations in the next.

The contradictions that riddle the pro genocide world can be revealed with the most basic of scrutiny.

Rigged Death Trap has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Apr 9, 2024

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

New Footage from hamas via aljazeera, and one of the longest in a while.
Key things from the footage:
turning the entire strip to rubble has only increased their ability to setup ambushes and covert cameras
They dont seem to be in any shortage of their home grown ammunition and are capturing IDF arms and ammo
They are still ambushing and routing IDF in the northern strip and Khan Younis, places Israel insists have been cleared.

there's also the IDF soldier with the anarcho communist flag

e: going to be honest I haven't seen any of these since the tanks getting charges placed on them and wasn't prepared for what came after that, going to go back to not watching them anymore

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 23:39 on Apr 9, 2024

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Yeah that footage that hamas published was really incredible but I refrained from mentioning it because there's a policy in the thread against describing footage in detail, but if you guys are big fans of karmic justice you can find it on aljazeera.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh wow who could have predicted this except anyone with a passing familiarity with the siege of Stalingrad

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Biden directly calling for a ceasefire in Gaza, a complete free flow of aid and calling out netanyahu directly is a politically significant event even if it is a bunch of horseshit and he isnt actually going to anything about it.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

TeenageArchipelago posted:

That's the red triangle brigade, destined for squad wipe.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TeenageArchipelago posted:

e: going to be honest I haven't seen any of these since the tanks getting charges placed on them and wasn't prepared for what came after that, going to go back to not watching them anymore

There was an anarcho communist goon serving as a merc in ukraine and he was more like an anarcho natoist.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

There was an anarcho communist goon serving as a merc in ukraine and he was more like an anarcho natoist.

thats like 99% of the anarcho communists you see online and the remaining 1% are just ex-blm wine moms

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

That's the red triangle brigade, destined for squad wipe.

dont spoil the video for those who havent seen it yet.

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

gently caress GODDAMN IT

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

don't like this

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Al-Saqr posted:

Biden directly calling for a ceasefire in Gaza, a complete free flow of aid and calling out netanyahu directly is a politically significant event even if it is a bunch of horseshit and he isnt actually going to anything about it.

lol if it's because of this and only this:

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Also, Jose Andres is a big name in Washington D.C’s elite circles and he has a lot of powerful friends he can complain to:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/opinion/views/jose-andres-world-central-kitchen-israel-enemy/

quote:

In Washington celebrity chef and World Central Kitchen founder José Andrés, Israel has picked a powerful enemy posted:

The term “celebrity chef” does not adequately encapsulate the standing that Andrés enjoys in Washington D.C. His rock star status here was forged in his creation of a chain of restaurants that he claims (with a touch of exaggeration) introduced “tapas” to the US capital. But in a city where people are judged by how much power their wield, Andrés has bagfuls of it, and it’s not due solely to the strength of his Catalan Spinach.

From its inception, his determination to create and develop “World Central Kitchen” has been hailed here, especially after he secured $100 million of funding from Amazon founder Jeff Bezos (also owner of The Washington Post). He’s led his teams to some of the world’s most challenging environments, and in Gaza they were literally trying to prevent a man-made famine, when a man-made war killed them in their well-marked vehicles.

“Heroic”, was the description President Joe Biden used, and it’s apt. It is also notable that Biden placed an immediate call to Andrés, describing him as “my friend”. That is testament to the power Andrés enjoys here, especially among Democrats. He has carefully built relationships with both former President Barack Obama as well as Biden.

So when Andrés talks, Democrats – who nominated him for the Nobel Peace Prize – listen. And right now, Andrés may be the most powerful voice in Biden’s ear urging him to break publicly with Netanyahu, and withhold further weapons sales to Israel.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

WoodrowSkillson posted:

just saw the IP thread was resurrected and had IKs appointed without asking them.

props to esran on maintaining integrity and not becoming a mod.

make me an IK against my will and I promise to find admin posts in the thread lol

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

This looks like a cool app, so I've d/l it to try out next time I'm shopping.

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1777791089849839901

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Al-Saqr posted:

no offence to all of you who are american military people but i sure as heck dont thank you for your service.
Good. gently caress every troop's "service". And aircraft carriers ARE lame as hell. They pollute like mad, and everyone on them sucks.

Orbs has issued a correction as of 00:18 on Apr 10, 2024