Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
id prefer !!, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
bought a subscription to drugs+ after a pretty pleasant free trial period

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I'm doing drugs (sensibly) right now.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

hey my monthly weed box is here

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Insane in the Ket Brain

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

AlmightyBob posted:

hey my monthly weed box is here

Nice of Ian Miles Cheong to take a break from desecrating mosques and ignoring Ramadan to ship it to you.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ian Miles Cheong DM'd me to tell me that Islam is a lie and there is no God.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does Elon Musk own a normal pair of shoes?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Does Elon Musk own a normal pair of shoes?

That is the tool of the pedestrian, Elon's mortal enemy.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

kazil posted:

Would you like your news interesting, concerning, or :elon:?

Unhinged, preferably

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

PhazonLink posted:

why dont we invest the billions in car AI into car standardization stuff like nav lights and "better" infrastructural.

like not to devil advocate , we could probably get away with dumb computer assisted driving if we had better street markings and organization, no potholes ever, etc.

Because *That* might help the poors, obviously.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Darchangel posted:

Because *That* might help the poors, obviously.

Exactly the reason why the money wont be spent of actual good solutions like public transport instead

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

hey now, conservatives don't mind spending some dollars to add spikes to bus and train-stop benches so people can't sleep on them. that's a very generous contribution to public transit.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

kazil posted:

Just amazing meme sir.

this is what elon imagines he looks like when he pulls those faces of his

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Can they use ai to make traffic light controls betterr or have we just resigned ourselves to autopilot or nothing?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Last Chance posted:

Can they use ai to make traffic light controls betterr or have we just resigned ourselves to autopilot or nothing?

This always makes me chuckle because Cambridge MA, home of MIT and Harvard among other schools, has the dumbest mother loving traffic lights city wide in existence. It can be 2 AM and ZERO traffic and you will catch every light on Mass Ave and sit there as no other cars go anywhere.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

I had no idea that criminals were a nomadic people, following the ebb and flow of crime statistics to decide where they live. I bet they travel in caravans, too!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

redshirt posted:

This always makes me chuckle because Cambridge MA, home of MIT and Harvard among other schools, has the dumbest mother loving traffic lights city wide in existence. It can be 2 AM and ZERO traffic and you will catch every light on Mass Ave and sit there as no other cars go anywhere.

Yeah, exactly. This poo poo. Fix it, AI nerds. Use that crap to make something better for a change... Just don't killanyone..

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Last Chance posted:

Yeah, exactly. This poo poo. Fix it, AI nerds. Use that crap to make something better for a change... Just don't killanyone..

This technology already exists, you put sensors at the intersections that detect if there are cars waiting or not and controls the lights accordingly. It can even behave differently at different times of day to account for traffic patterns!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

redshirt posted:

I will say this: I do not envy the impossible task that is juggling Boston traffic design

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Cool Dad posted:

He is mad that Brazil is endangering it's citizens' first amendment rights

Uh. Huh. That begs the question: does Elon understand that Brazil is, you know, not using the Constitution of the United States, and *might* even have somewhat different laws from the USA? I think he understands the concept of country, maybe, since he decided that Africa wasn't white enough and left, but that may just be a concept based on distance from a place, rather than actual political boundaries.
I'm not sure he truly internalizes how other country's governments work.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

I will say this: I do not envy the impossible task that is juggling Boston traffic design

I have a magical story how I observed a stupid intersection over time, found an actual real contact in the Boston Transportation Department, and got a light changed, which in turn, as I told him would happen, cleared a traffic jam off Storrow Drive.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Darchangel posted:

does Elon understand

no

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

redshirt posted:

I have a magical story how I observed a stupid intersection over time, found an actual real contact in the Boston Transportation Department, and got a light changed, which in turn, as I told him would happen, cleared a traffic jam off Storrow Drive.

As a Bostonian, thank you so much for this kindness.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

boethius posted:

As a Bostonian, thank you so much for this kindness.

You're welcome. I also got street lights installed on the strip of Boylston Street right before Mass Ave, that strip of stores and bars.
And some other stuff too I've probably forgotten. For a couple of years me and this guy in the BTD got stuff done.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

redshirt posted:

It's GBS, I'm sure you'll find plenty of posters itt who would appreciate the story.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tangent: there needs to be a sincere :allears: emote

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Potato Salad posted:

It's GBS, I'm sure you'll find plenty of posters itt who would appreciate the story.

Well I should write a novel honestly. Also, I'd like to point out I didn't even own a car at the time, I walked to work past this intersection every morning and observed the madness.

And I am the crazy person who came out on a weekend and just stood at the Mass Ave/Boylston St intersection and observed this light and its impact for an hour or more, taking notes and poo poo.

The traffic light is still there (it's dumb, it should be removed), but not nearly as bad as it once was. Belvidere St and Mass Ave.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

redshirt posted:

I don't care if I'm driving or cycling, I run every drat one of those lights in Central Square when it's 2am and I can't see any cars.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

I don't care if I'm driving or cycling, I run every drat one of those lights in Central Square when it's 2am and I can't see any cars.

Hell yeah, same. If it's absolutely safe to run a red light, I do. As long as I am in a non-camera ticket state.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Pravda balls

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Criminals are known for being wealthy enough to just move. that's why they're stealing stuff, because they're already rich.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
14 year old mentions a thing he learned about into every conversation to show everyone he is very smart

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I encourage all of you to reach out to your local authority in charge of roads and such if you want to affect change.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

redshirt posted:

I encourage all of you to reach out to your local authority in charge of roads and such if you want to affect change.

I keep telling them to ban all cars but they won't listen

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

euphronius posted:

Electricity is heavy. If you fill it up all the way then the advertised epa mileage goes down

Ah yes who could forget the classic tyranny of the electricity equation

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ben shapino posted:

I keep telling them to ban all cars but they won't listen

One should be realistic when reaching out to local government.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

redshirt posted:

One should be realistic when reaching out to local government.

Ok, I will tell them to build a hyperloop instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Somebody learned a new word today huh