Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

so they wanna track loving homeowners insurance but not rent and healthcare and poo poo? gently caress this cursed country

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1777741483430363163

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Consolidated Ed posted:

stop recommended mark ames poo poo you dumbshit, hes a rapist. he and matt taibbi cowrote The Exile while raping their way across eastern europe. hes a huge piece of poo poo and i dont understand why people havent thrown him in a dark hole yet.

he and taibbi wrote a piece about belarus where they describe "white god syndrome", their term for going around to poor newly-ex-commie villages and exploiting the local women who think the wealthy americans will rescue them from destitution (oops they lied and left). super loving gross

go read the exile (they reprinted large portions of the paper in a series of books) and tell me these people shouldnt be in corrective labor camps

Lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Xaris posted:

yes they were. water parks had their peak heyday in the 80s and 90s but most are gone now. one of the last ones here shut down last year

don’t you live in Finland or some Nordic swamp. I can’t keep people straight

edit

no I have you confused

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

AARD VARKMAN posted:

nationalize ubereats because sometimes im really drunk and need a cheese burger

the most finnish answer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Consolidated Ed posted:

stop recommended mark ames poo poo you dumbshit, hes a rapist. he and matt taibbi cowrote The Exile while raping their way across eastern europe. hes a huge piece of poo poo and i dont understand why people havent thrown him in a dark hole yet.

he and taibbi wrote a piece about belarus where they describe "white god syndrome", their term for going around to poor newly-ex-commie villages and exploiting the local women who think the wealthy americans will rescue them from destitution (oops they lied and left). super loving gross

go read the exile (they reprinted large portions of the paper in a series of books) and tell me these people shouldnt be in corrective labor camps
omg you are loving dumber than thorns and shrike holy poo poo

you know that was satirizing western pillaging and Clinton shock therapy privatization right??? do you know what satire is

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
On Slickdeals, Costco's gold ingots are extremely popular and sell out almost instantly

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

kind of want a costco gold bar, think of the irony

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Consolidated Ed posted:

Syq

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Consolidated Ed posted:

lol

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

I will not stan tiabbi

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Matt Taibbi getting owned by Elon Musk over the Twitter Files was pretty good content

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
if you say the taibbi and ames book is fiction you are denying their lived experience and also not believing journalists, high crimes indeed in my opinion

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Consolidated Ed posted:

lmao

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Chevron isn’t quite the lynchpin everyone makes it out to be and I see a lot of people in the media and online overstating what it means

It’s a standard of judicial review that defers to agency interpretation on vague statues as long as the agency interpretation is reasonable

There are already ways around Chevron by a sufficiently motivated judge, either the statute isnt ambiguous (so the agency doesn’t get to interpret it and wouldn’t you know the unambiguous meaning of the statute is what the judge wants it to be, huh, go figure) or the agency interpretation is unreasonable, so it’s no good and they need to remake the rule

Removing Chevron just takes some to of the make work out of the equation

It’s not really great but it’s not toppling the entire thing either

cool cool cool cool...quick followup q: who decides what's "reasonable"? i'm no learned legal scholar but that seems like a giant chud-shaped escape hatch.

another escape hatch i can already see them using: 'serious' versus 'unserious' religions

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Mark ames is a chud

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

They're gonna do to Arizona what Foxconn did to Wisconsin

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

HashtagGirlboss posted:

One thing that people don’t like to talk about wrt administrative rules (federal or state or especially local) is while the stuff in the headlines are the big lawsuits, most of the enforcement or lack there-of happens behind closed doors when agency personnel, who usually have close relationships with big players, make decisions to enforce a rule or not, sometimes obviously through bribery or regulatory capture, but often enough because they just don’t want to risk an adverse court ruling that might invalidate the rule for everyone, so the deep pocket players can skirt it because they can threaten to sue over it

That imo is the biggest thing with repealing Chevron, it makes it easier to threaten litigation to scare away enforcement

the notion of the government's agencies being scared of litigation by private actors is one of the cherries on the poo poo-sundae of liberalism. i guess this is why china's on top of their poo poo domestically and we're not, i imagine this sort of "threat" would be laughable to the chinese state

litigation? the government has the police power, it's literally what they're there for

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They're gonna do to Arizona what Foxconn did to Wisconsin

100%. it’s basically free money corporate handout

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

HallelujahLee posted:

Mark ames is a chud

He did voluntarily move to Rochester NY, so draw your own conclusions

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

The Oldest Man posted:

Exclusive access for Longtable Park residents

there are no public goods anymore, just private amenities for a deserving wealthy few. they EARNED IT

the entire US is a giant sit/lie ordinance. pay up or keep it moving!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Consolidated Ed posted:

lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Nothus posted:

He did voluntarily move to Rochester NY, so draw your own conclusions

Sabres fan.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Sabres fan.

Right?

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

Xaris posted:

omg you are loving dumber than thorns and shrike holy poo poo

you know that was satirizing western pillaging and Clinton shock therapy privatization right??? do you know what satire is

lol they did plenty of their own pillaging, you clearly havent read any of this poo poo. or youre the most credulous dipshit that ever lived, idk

you should try not listening to dumb white guy podcasts, they are bad.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Maybe you should consolidate the, freaking economy!

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

HashtagGirlboss posted:

When I think of manufacturing products that require a ton of water and climate control my first thought is Arizona

contrary to popular belief, the newer fabs are quite efficient when it comes to water usage. they're like 90% efficient and getting more so. most of the water they initially take in is recycled and reused

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

Mark ames is a chud

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Consolidated Ed posted:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

contrary to popular belief, the newer fabs are quite efficient when it comes to water usage. they're like 90% efficient and getting more so. most of the water they initially take in is recycled and reused

oh for real? i wonder if there’s something else going on with water in Arizona right now, which will have an effect independently of the efficiency of industrial processes

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

radio war nerd had a pretty bomb episode on isis kp

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

It's fine they're not actually gonna do it

its definitely going to be Foxconn in Racine part 2

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Consolidated Ed posted:

Lib

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Consolidated Ed posted:

Lol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Consolidated Ed posted:

The owner of this site is a MARK AMES denier!

Get out now!!!!

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Consolidated Ed posted:

yep

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3677348

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1777713579464266045

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Consolidated Ed posted:

cool cool cool cool...quick followup q: who decides what's "reasonable"? i'm no learned legal scholar but that seems like a giant chud-shaped escape hatch.

another escape hatch i can already see them using: 'serious' versus 'unserious' religions

reasonable is code for what the judge thinks is right

this has been the case for 600 years