Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

IOwnCalculus posted:

Checks out, that would've been before Costco started limiting returns on some categories.

broke: Grandfather clock

woke: Grandfathered TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

pencilhands posted:

serious question, what does the "plus" mean? Are they implying you might get a heftier dog?

Unfortunately the whole item is the

1/4 pound hot dog
Plus Soda w/ refill

The "plus" is referring to the the soda and not describing the hot dog.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

There are Costco employees out there who weren't even alive yet when that TV was purchased.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

1/4 pound hot soda plus dog w/ refill

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

Unfortunately the whole item is the

1/4 pound hot dog
Plus Soda w/ refill

The "plus" is referring to the the soda and not describing the hot dog.

:wrong:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Please don't post the cursed British straight mustard line

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hello thread, I’m probably late to the party, but the Kirkland bacon, egg, and cheese frozen croissant sandwich’s are fantastic. Wrap it in a paper towel, 1:30 in the microwave, and breakfast is handled.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
TBH, the only way it really makes sense is if “¼ POUND PLUS” is the product name and “ALL BEEF HOT DOG AND 20 oz. SODA (With Refill)” is the product description.

Still, it’s best not to question the Word of Costco.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

It's called "1/4 POUND PLUS" because every thousandth hot dog is a full two pounds. I thought everyone knew this. They ring a big bell and everything.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

Hello thread, I’m probably late to the party, but the Kirkland bacon, egg, and cheese frozen croissant sandwich’s are fantastic. Wrap it in a paper towel, 1:30 in the microwave, and breakfast is handled.
Can confirm; I cut the microwave time slightly and give them a quick toast after so they're not as squishy.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Cartoon Man posted:

I do both the croissant breakfast pastry and the bacon egg and cheese croissant sandwich in our toaster oven together at 325 for 10 minutes for perfection. Husband and I have a fancier feeling breakfast a few times a week that way :3

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

the soda isnt metric in england? OR the dog? wtf?

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 9, 2024

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

pencilhands posted:

the soda isnt metric in england? OR the dog? wtf?

The UK uses both systems at random. This is more common than you might think, I've never been anywhere that is consistently metric and dropped all their traditional measurements.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
How many pence in a quarter pound

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Grand Fromage posted:

The UK uses both systems at random. This is more common than you might think, I've never been anywhere that is consistently metric and dropped all their traditional measurements.

That seems even worse than what the US does somehow

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
real estate, as a continual attractor of scum the whole world over, tends to do this a lot everywhere

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Grand Fromage posted:

People not realizing where the imperial system comes from is one of my small internet joys

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Luckily I find all area measurements to make no intuitive sense so square feet, square meters, and pyeong are all equally meaningless.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

sexy tiger boobs posted:

Can't believe you bought another lasagna by that brand after the short rib one. I swore off Rana forever that day.

Rana products are called that because they taste like they're made out of pond frogs.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

pencilhands posted:

That seems even worse than what the US does somehow

Every single cultural complaint people have against the US also happens in every foreign country the difference is the people whining haven't been there to know.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Grand Fromage posted:

The UK uses both systems at random.
Aren't speedometers exclusively in MPH too? For a vehicle that might, conceivably, drive in continental Europe?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Aren't speedometers exclusively in MPH too? For a vehicle that might, conceivably, drive in continental Europe?

I don’t think I’ve seen a car made in the last 30 years that doesn’t have both.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Even cars in the US have both on them so that seems unlikely, I don't have any personal experience though.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Can't spell "area measurements" without hectares, man

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Grams/Milliliters are dope, you don’t have to ever worry about fractions.

Fahrenheit makes more sense when it comes to weather, unlike Celsius.

0 F? It’s really cold.
50 F? It’s pretty reasonable.
100 F? It’s really hot.

Celsius isn’t so simple for that.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Corb3t posted:

Nobody tell this guy about liters. Or centigrams.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

iirc the dog weighs about 120g (4g more than 1/4lb.)

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

Corb3t posted:

0 F? It’s really cold.
100 F? It’s really hot.

Ehhh it's still easy to remember 0 for really cold, 20 for pleasant, and 40 for really hot.

I do like the smaller F degrees, though. I can totally tell the difference between 71 and 72 inside.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

Nobody tell this guy about liters. Or centigrams.

Liters can easily be converted to milliliters and centigrams only matter if you’re a drug dealer. Grams/milliliters is practical for most use-cases.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Zero VGS posted:

Please don't post the cursed British straight mustard line

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Bread Enthusiast posted:

Ehhh it's still easy to remember 0 for really cold, 20 for pleasant, and 40 for really hot.

I do like the smaller F degrees, though. I can totally tell the difference between 71 and 72 inside.

0°F is really cold, 0°C isn't really cold

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bread Enthusiast posted:

0 for really cold

:canada:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

-40 C ... I remember Edmonton Alberta

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006
The good part of it being -40 out is you don't have to specify the units!

The bad part is all the freezing to death outside

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Medicinal Penguin posted:

The good part of it being -40 out is you don't have to specify the units!

The bad part is all the freezing to death outside

I've been out in the mid -30s F, and with the right coat and long underwear and gloves it's unpleasant but not unbearable. The important thing is the gloves. Once you lose feeling in your fingers, it's hard to get out back without going back inside.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Corb3t posted:

Liters can easily be converted to milliliters and centigrams only matter if you’re a drug dealer. Grams/milliliters is practical for most use-cases.

Sorry don't tell this guy what conversion rates are I guess

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

Sorry don't tell this guy what conversion rates are I guess

It’s about 20% for the bills.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Corb3t posted:

0 F? It’s really cold.
100 F? It’s really hot.

It's 0℃. You're wearing a jacket, overshirt, shirt, and pants.

Remove one per 10℃ rise, add something per 10℃ drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Gatts posted:

-40 C ... I remember Edmonton Alberta

now imagine this but there's a delicious quarter pound hotdog just a few kilometres away for only $1.50 canadian, the cheapest of all costco dogs