Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I asked my 11 year old nephew who has been completely Star Wars obsessed his entire short life if he was excited for any new Star Wars shows and he said no.

Good job, Disney!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No, he’s just got LA bar face. Those places are super pleasant compared to the sometimes bellicose shitholes that are Midwest bars.

la bars and la wars

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

No Mods No Masters posted:

Probably everyone in hollyweird is gonna be pretty nice to you if you can say you were involved in smiling friends. The show never really stopped being the talk of the town and now season 2 is imminent

If that's supposed to be her it seems like an absolutely terrible likeness beyond being a brown haired woman. I guess maybe it could be the character but not using her likeness? Anyway from a quick search I can't find anyone on the net concluding it's her but you, but I guess it's also completely possible no one cares

It's her:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1777800431910965545?t=GDo_RcG-CplKnRZxvHbLHQ&s=19

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s one where a couple people make their own “evil dead” with zero budget and really go hard until they seem to get bored towards the end.

It’s driving me crazy cuz I know exactly what you’re talking about but I have no idea what the movie or episode is and the thumbnails aren’t helping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNY6HlDKLgk&t=2131s

Its fun because that project looks like they had a great time (at first at least) and i think its hella inspirational. It sucks that the RLM crew are such downers on making movies themselves, i mean i get it, it's fucktons of work and didn't pay off for them, but still.

I feel like Rich could be an A-list Hollywood comedian actor or something just doing pratfalls and having poo poo fall on him constantly

the man is talented at making people lmao

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Nigmaetcetera posted:

No, he’s just got LA bar face. Those places are super pleasant compared to the sometimes bellicose shitholes that are Midwest bars.

Its the look of a man who just got picked up for 1 season of the hot new show "Spitballers" coming to HBO MAX this summer.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1777762909290192908?t=f0fh1mR5luRwL0sHLKhZQA&s=19

They couldn't find the right stories to tell because who has a better story than Bran the Broken?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1777762909290192908?t=f0fh1mR5luRwL0sHLKhZQA&s=19

They couldn't find the right stories to tell because who has a better story than Bran the Broken?

There’s almost nothing you could do with his post-GoT storyline. He’s just wandering the north with a bunch of hicks. You could be really cheesy and bring back the White Walker threat, but they were so trivialized and ultimately pointless in the main series that who the gently caress would care?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Lmao at the white walkers being built up for eight years and then the one girl clipping glitches past the mob and kills the level boss, forcing the cutscene where they’ve all been defeated

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

poisonpill posted:

Lmao at the white walkers being built up for eight years and then the one girl clipping glitches past the mob and kills the level boss, forcing the cutscene where they’ve all been defeated

As Jon Snow famously said: "Sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles, here in the game of thrones"

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

jeeves posted:

I asked my 11 year old nephew who has been completely Star Wars obsessed his entire short life if he was excited for any new Star Wars shows and he said no.

Good job, Disney!

My kids have never given a single poo poo about Star Wars outside of memes.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's because they haven't found the way to make jar-jar work yet. he's the key.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mozi posted:

it's because they haven't found the way to make jar-jar work yet. he's the key.
it's gonna be insane when they get him working and everything just falls into place

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/redlettermedia/status/1777866346010705965?s=46&t=gswyMSYxoh3CWTtxQgMAKg

wasn’t a fan of the first one but whatever

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Patreon Update!

Red Letter Media posted:

New RLM Animated Spitballs episode to post April 10th (tomorrow)

We have finally completed a second episode of Spitballs (it's a horror premise) it'll be live tomorrow at noon Milwaukee time!

Mike in LA and they pre-announce new content dropping? 100% he’s there trying to pitch Spitballs to networks.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

LanceHunter posted:

Patreon Update!

Mike in LA and they pre-announce new content dropping? 100% he’s there trying to pitch Spitballs to networks.

This is why WB cancelled Batgirl gotta make room in the budget.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

This kind of reeks of angling for Adult Swim to pick it up for a series. I mean good on them for trying, but the original wasn’t that great, and I just cant see them coming up with enough material for seasons worth of scripted comedy.

Idk, maybe I’d just be resentful of the boys becoming anything other than schlubs on the fringes of the entertainment industry exiled to the bleak wasteland of the Mid-West.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Apr 10, 2024

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

From the people who brought you smiling friends and psycho goreman is not a bad pitch as far as it goes. Only problem is the first one is sitting out there for everyone to see proving the idea is awful.

Anyway, finally a comic book film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy8aJw1vYHo

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I can't blame them for wanting to do something new/bigger. They are clearly sick of the poo poo they've been doing for the last 20 years.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Whoa, I was also in LA last weekend. Didn't see Mike though.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

drat that’s wild. LA is so small too

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"You couldn't pay me to watch the Joker 2 trailer.", I say right before I realize that it's going to be playing in movie theaters everywhere before movies for months to come and I go to movies in theaters often :smithicide:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
I mean, I went to a dive bar, which would increase the chances of a Mike encounter.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i saws monkey man. 2.5 stars

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

went to the alamo for my first viewing of rear window (1954 dir. alfred hitchcock)

I've never seen a film prominently featuring james stewart. and his voice... I mean, it's just really drat annoying. not just his accent but the sound of his voice. anyone else vibe with that? it sounds like the man's trying to talk while chewing on a napkin.

anyway I thought the film was going to be more philosophical with the way it starts but I guess hitchcock is less overt with that kind of thing. it turned out to be simple and satisfying.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Rageaholic posted:

"You couldn't pay me to watch the Joker 2 trailer.", I say right before I realize that it's going to be playing in movie theaters everywhere before movies for months to come and I go to movies in theaters often :smithicide:
it looks awesome, you're gonna love it (the trailer)

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I friggin love Vertigo, that’s my fav Stewart/Hitchcock

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He really just sounds like that.

Good film but the kind of where its something sort of standard executed perfectly. I dont know why Im categorizing it as though this is a bad thing, lots of films suck at execution.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

kalel posted:

went to the alamo for my first viewing of rear window (1954 dir. alfred hitchcock)

I've never seen a film prominently featuring james stewart. and his voice... I mean, it's just really drat annoying. not just his accent but the sound of his voice. anyone else vibe with that? it sounds like the man's trying to talk while chewing on a napkin.

anyway I thought the film was going to be more philosophical with the way it starts but I guess hitchcock is less overt with that kind of thing. it turned out to be simple and satisfying.

watch enough jimmy stewart movies and the voice loops around to being endearing. fun impression to do. in the words of rich evans, "every time a bell rings, satan gets a boner!"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

kalel posted:

"you were expecting maybe the addams family"? frankly my dear i dont give a drat

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
All stewart/hitchcock movies are good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

stephenthinkpad posted:

:hmmyes:

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

lol ok yeah give Francis Ford coppola 100 million us dollars in the year 2024. go ahead. I'm sure it will work out great
He's already made the thing (using reportedly $120 million of his own money). I am personally hoping that he cannot find any kind of distribution for it and then in three years or so we can get Neil Breen style printed-at-home DVDRs of Megalopolis in the mail for $29.99.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
How to gently caress, how weird is Megalopolis to not get a distribution. Is there a leaked script or something?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Rear Window might be a bad first Jimmy Stewart movie to see?

it probably works better if you know him or at least have a vague impression of him as an extremely earnest put-upon everyman, as in It's a Wonderful Life, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, You Can't Take it With You
he was kind of a Tom Hanks "America's Dad" type, all the way down to playing the male lead in The Shop Around the Corner, which was the model You've Got Mail was built on

one of the reasons for the longevity of his career was he was really good at taking that way that people saw him and kinda using it, taking it to some weird and dark places, and that's something his collabs with Hitchcock excelled at

I like Mr Smith but it's pretty much the most wide-eyed, gee-shucks, gosh I just love this great country, and, I know there's corruption, but we can overcome it if we're just pure enough of heart and believe in the dream of America :kiddo: poo poo ever put to film

and then in Rope he's cast in this role where that guy is like a dark father figure that unknowingly inspired two of his pupils to murder, and in Rear Window you see him wrapped up in this kind of voyeuristic obsession, and it goes even further in Vertigo. and uh I don't think I saw The Man Who Knew Too Much

it's funny, nobody really cares anymore, but Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, It's a Wonderful Life, You Can't Take it With You, Rear Window, Vertigo, Rope, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Harvey, The Philedelphia Story, Anatomy of a Murder, and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance was an absolutely insane career, at the time

Cubone
May 26, 2011

*googling*

stephenthinkpad posted:

How to gently caress

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Been watching some classic BotW. Watching the set evolve from warehouse to actual set is fun.

First of May fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 10, 2024

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
yeah, jimmy stewart is probably my favourite actor of that era. I even like him in more straightforward westerns like winchester '73 or the man from laramie

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rope is a cool little movie that feels more like a play, since it only takes place in a couple of rooms

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

stephenthinkpad posted:

Slight disagree. He was miscast in Rope, and it is clear that he really didn't comprehend the tone (or the gay subtext) of the film.

I truly and honestly hope that this is an exceptionally good movie. Like, a powerful statement on human nature that leaves audiences with a greater understanding of themselves and the world in general. I'm never going to watch it, but the kind of people who will be watching it deserve to see a movie like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

Slight disagree. He was miscast in Rope, and it is clear that he really didn't comprehend the tone (or the gay subtext) of the film.

Perhaps he was just playing the straight man.