Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm sure most people know this but the remakes of the original MW and MW2 have the graphics updated for them to look like modern games. I always thought they were just remasters until I played them. They hold up too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

tango alpha delta posted:

Modern Warfare 2 from 2009 is still the very best COD multiplayer. Period.

it's the best game of all time period

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I always though MW1 was better

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mw 2019 is the only cod game worth a gently caress since then

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

veni veni veni posted:

I'm sure most people know this but the remakes of the original MW and MW2 have the graphics updated for them to look like modern games. I always thought they were just remasters until I played them. They hold up too.

They also have the holy grail cheat for any FPS, Slow-Mo Mode.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tried the mafia definitive series, finished and enjoyed the first, and dropped the second within ten minutes

the tech downgrade I could deal with but what in the hell was up with that intro

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I played so much Black Ops I had Vietnam War flashbacks.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blops 1 and 2 are good and 2 is arguably the best multi the series has been. Idk about in 2024 though

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Oxxidation posted:

tried the mafia definitive series, finished and enjoyed the first, and dropped the second within ten minutes

the tech downgrade I could deal with but what in the hell was up with that intro
The first one is the best one

The second I just never liked that much, and the ending sucked.

The third was pretty good, although despite having a good story the whole 'take over the town' stuff gets kind of repetitive.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I always though MW1 was better

MW1 is like cheese pizza, mw2 is like peperoni pizza.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Mafia 1 & 2 are good, I tried so hard to get into 3 but after a good intro it devolves into open world ubisoft poo poo. It felt like they ran out of money and tried to pad the game. Shame, because the setting and story seemed cool.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Ulio posted:

MW1 is like cheese pizza, mw2 is like peperoni pizza.

I was there when MW 2007 was new. The campaign was incredible and the XP multiplayer progression was totally new. MW2 in 2009 took everything and ramped it up all the way, which is why it’s STILL the best multiplayer, followed by BLOPS2.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
I missed the boat on MW1 and MW2 so BLOPS 1 is my personal favorite CoD. Most memorable campaign in the series to me and the multiplayer was solid. I miss playing multiplayer with goons in it too.

By the time MW3 and BLOPS 2 came out, they hosed with the lag compensation to the point where they weren't fun anymore. I sold my copy of BLOPS 2 a few months after launch, bought BF3, and haven't really touched CoD since.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I boycotted BLOPS2 because it had Ollie North in it and haven't bought a CoD since.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Oxxidation posted:

Mafia 2 owns but opening it with a WW2 battle was certainly a choice.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Takes about 3-4 hours to beat if you are a fan of games that do what they intend and not really waste your time. Not too hard, only one puzzle really stumped me and it's one I had "solved" but couldn't figure out why the solution wasn't working. Very mild spoiler hint if you get stuck: rusty pig.

4/5 gamepass delivers.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

FireWorksWell posted:

Though Black Ops 1 is a very close second for me especially with the dlc taken into account

I'd put them at the same level. MW2 has some crazy fun poo poo that Blops doesn't but then Blops has less bullshit and I love the mix of classic, experimental and modern weapons and the setting so they even out for me.

Still, my ranking of CoD MP would be:

1st: CoD and United Offensive
2nd: MW2/Blops1
3rd: CoD2/CoD4/Blops2

Different topic: Far Cry 3 Xbox360 is fps boosted to 60fps so it's 720p/60 while Far Cry 3 Classic is 1440p/30. I don't get why FC3 Classic didn't go for 60fps but hey... I rather play the 360 release even if it has lower resolution.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lammasu posted:

I boycotted BLOPS2 because it had Ollie North in it and haven't bought a CoD since.

You’re missing out, that game rules

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blops2 is a top 3 cod

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

Blops2 is a top 3 cod

I don't know how to explain but I'll try: it's not on my top 3 because it's the one I played the least on my favourite list but I recently revisited all of them and its gameplay aged better. So, if I had to remake the ranking with current experiences, it'd be easily in my top 2. Multiplayer that is, campaign is great but I'll always have a soft spot for the OG (and United Offensive) and CoD4.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

Blops2 is a top 3 cod

The campaign is so crazily ambitious for COD

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I'm not too familiar with the xbox version, but is there anything to indicate Outlaws will be available on the Ubisoft+ Premium for xbox? It does say it can have brand new games.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm not too familiar with the xbox version, but is there anything to indicate Outlaws will be available on the Ubisoft+ Premium for xbox? It does say it can have brand new games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Does Ubisoft think most people will be too dumb to cancel their subscription after the month it takes to finish the game rather than spend the equivalent of 8 months on the ultimate edition upfront? Because they're probably right.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

18 bucks for the Ultimate Edition? Hmm, not bad.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Botany Manor was a really solid little jaunt and I'm glad it exists. Only takes a handful of hours to beat and it's complex enough to make you feel clever but not so complex that it leaves you banging your head against the wall. It has heart, too, with a nice little background motivator that keeps you wanting to get poo poo figured out.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Oh wow, this game has been on my Steam wishlist for quite some time but there was always some other game to play instead.

Now that it's announced for consoles I'll probably buy it on Xbox instead, this is awesome news.

https://x.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1778133730575429990

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

Does Ubisoft think most people will be too dumb to cancel their subscription after the month it takes to finish the game rather than spend the equivalent of 8 months on the ultimate edition upfront? Because they're probably right.
It doesn't matter if subs lower your revenue, they're the promise of growth

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

exquisite tea posted:

Literally every company's hopes for any subscription.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ruffian Price posted:

It doesn't matter if subs lower your revenue, they're the promise of growth

So you work on a product for 3-6 years

Then you sell it to me for either 130 credits, or 18? And somehow you’d rather sell me on the 18 dollar version? Is that why Ubisoft is so successful?

Edit: seriously how does this work

They hope 90% of people subscribe and 10% buy? And they make more money that way? I’m not good at the business-ing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

18 bucks for the Ultimate Edition? Hmm, not bad.

One of the nice perks of UBISoft+ is its their entire library with all DLC included for each game. I wish Gamepass did that.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I haven’t played an ubi game in forever, are they still making that same game over and over?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

So you work on a product for 3-6 years

Then you sell it to me for either 130 credits, or 18? And somehow you’d rather sell me on the 18 dollar version? Is that why Ubisoft is so successful?

Edit: seriously how does this work

They hope 90% of people subscribe and 10% buy? And they make more money that way? I’m not good at the business-ing

They hope people subscribe to it and stay subscribed because they want to (lol) or forget for months and months and collect a bunch of subscription revenue from idiots (90% of the people who do that)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Blue Raider posted:

I haven’t played an ubi game in forever, are they still making that same game over and over?

Yeah but this one is star wars flavored

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Blue Raider posted:

Prince of Persia The Lost Crown kicks rear end

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Evil Badman posted:

Literally every company's hopes for any subscription.

Careful guy, you're posting in the gamepass ftw thread...

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I will turn on game pass the second it stops being an amazing value

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Oh wow, this game has been on my Steam wishlist for quite some time but there was always some other game to play instead.

Now that it's announced for consoles I'll probably buy it on Xbox instead, this is awesome news.

https://x.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1778133730575429990

This looks kinda cool, too bad I will never play it, I don’t play Minecraft looking games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

External Organs posted:

Prince of Persia The Lost Crown kicks rear end

This and Child of Light.