Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Allarion posted:

I’m still gonna guess that Marsha Hua will have Senti’s personality

I can see Senti as many different things. But the leader of the Xianzhou is not one of them. They're way too stuffy to be lead by someone as cool as Senti. I'm expecting joyless no mercy for the corrupted Hua.

Senti will be her foxian assistant who spends every moment annoying the gently caress out of her.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bad Video Games posted:

Gallagher is awesome. I love that man.

I'm pleased I at least got his E1 before he disappears for a bit

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Whenever Senti joins HSR I will be down to one kidney. And after Ely I will be on dialysis.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

I'm pleased I at least got his E1 before he disappears for a bit

I'm extremely happy I got his e1 on a single 10 pull.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Clarste posted:

We'll get The Hunt by following Boothill around and becoming a Galaxy Ranger.

If we get to be Kamen Riders with Sam I'd money spark Sam cause nothing beats Rider kicks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

whens pardofelis

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

whens pardofelis

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
I feel incredibly stupid asking since I haven’t seen anyone else have an issue with it, but end of current patch how did people set their teams for the aventurine boss fight? I got wrecked with one sustain. Then wrecked even harder with two because neither of them could aoe and win the gamble. Seemed like the answer was to find a sustain with decent aoe but I don’t think I have one

I haven’t had any issue with a trailblaze or story quest outside of the first time I tried Argenti, so I feel like I’m missing something really easy

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

franks posted:

I feel incredibly stupid asking since I haven’t seen anyone else have an issue with it, but end of current patch how did people set their teams for the aventurine boss fight? I got wrecked with one sustain. Then wrecked even harder with two because neither of them could aoe and win the gamble. Seemed like the answer was to find a sustain with decent aoe but I don’t think I have one

I haven’t had any issue with a trailblaze or story quest outside of the first time I tried Argenti, so I feel like I’m missing something really easy

HH/BS/Kafka/Asta

I think BS died in the second to last turn but

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

franks posted:

Phys TB/March/Natasha/no fourth slot

TB and March win, March protects/cleanses Nat when she loses. Boss doesn't ramp up their damage so slow & steady works fine

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

franks posted:

Fireblazer/Silver Wolf/Qingque/Lynx. I just went cautiously and did my very best to keep Lynx alive, squeeze in damage where I could, maintain Quantum weakness as much as I could without jeopardizing Lynx's skill cost, and complete the gimmick as much as I could to limit pain. I barely scraped a pre-nerf win.

NachtSieger fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 10, 2024

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Fu Xuan/Kafka/Black Swan/Ruan Mei, zero issues, even before the nerf.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Don’t forget you can eat food beforehand. Something like high-tech protective gear which buffs def and shields, dreamy cone is a 60% atk buff, whatever best ones you have can be a real help.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I think I ended up running rm/luocha/black swan/gui

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I ran Pela Acheron Sparkle Gallagher, died like one turn from the end first try but got it on the second. I was underestimating the fight the first time and made some stupid choices. Funny part is I still don’t really understand the gamble mechanic but I guess I’ll be forced to eventually when it hits MoC.

This was shortly before I got Gepard so I probably would have brought him if I did. Gallagher with Huohuo LC did just fine though.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I ran with Huohuo, Kafka, Black Swan, and Asta, pre-nerf. Huohuo and Asta had enough health to survive without too much of an issue, and Kafka was more than fine. Black Swan simply took his ult to the face during the second phase and died. C'est la vie.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

coolusername posted:

Don’t forget you can eat food beforehand. Something like high-tech protective gear which buffs def and shields, dreamy cone is a 60% atk buff, whatever best ones you have can be a real help.

There are other foods besides Trick Snacks?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

There are other foods besides Trick Snacks?

There are a lot of them and they vary in usefulness.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

coolusername posted:

This might be a game breaker for me that I didn’t even think of, thanks! I’ve gotten down to 30 or so on the final phase but just couldn’t survive. Tinkering a bit then trying this, and will check out some other suggestions here if it doesn’t work. Thanks all!

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

rio posted:

Funny part is I still don’t really understand the gamble mechanic but I guess I’ll be forced to eventually when it hits MoC.

The trick is Each character in your party is individually gambling against Aventurine to see who rolls the highest number on the dice. Aventurine attacks whoever rolls a number lower than his. So you want characters who can AOE multiple dice to roll them, since single-target attacks or not attacking dice = lose the gamble = ow capitalism twink killed me.

Or in an artist’s rendition: https://www.tumblr.com/lilac-cat-draws/747014501194432512/dont-know-why-i-had-so-much-trouble-with-this

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I just used Fu Xuan and slept through it not being able to ever kill a character if I kept her skill up. It wasn't very good or fun!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

whens pardofelis

Who do you think runs the IPC!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Can?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This would be 100% cooler and funnier so I'd be down for it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

friend drew achey

https://twitter.com/Shana3401/status/1777918591792554277

rio
Mar 20, 2008

coolusername posted:

The trick is Each character in your party is individually gambling against Aventurine to see who rolls the highest number on the dice. Aventurine attacks whoever rolls a number lower than his. So you want characters who can AOE multiple dice to roll them, since single-target attacks or not attacking dice = lose the gamble = ow capitalism twink killed me.

Or in an artist’s rendition: https://www.tumblr.com/lilac-cat-draws/747014501194432512/dont-know-why-i-had-so-much-trouble-with-this

Ah, I was thinking it was just random but now it makes sense why the first run failed since I was holding ults until after the last dice phase. Also knowing that, the comic is incredibly good and consise lol - thanks!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Watch Ely turn out to be Idrila or something.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Aventurine MoC spoiler:

Currently, Aventurine doesn't do the dice mechanic in MoC. He just his big aoe bounce attack and shields, according to the beta leaks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the dice mechanic feels like itd be extremely limiting to team comps so i wouldnt be surprised if it was a story only gimmick.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

A lot of people were worried about the gimmick, so I just wanted it out there.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Bad Video Games posted:

Aventurine MoC spoiler:

Currently, Aventurine doesn't do the dice mechanic in MoC. He just his big aoe bounce attack and shields, according to the beta leaks.

Oh that sucks. So if you couldn't get the two hidden achievements in that fight, you'll never get it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There's still room to bring it back for simulated universe.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

SU triple drops are being kind so far. Got a couple of lucrative pieces.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NeonPunk posted:

Oh that sucks. So if you couldn't get the two hidden achievements in that fight, you'll never get it.

i mean theres a lot of other missable hidden achievements. and some hidden achievements that are mutually exclusive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

like there's an achievement for skipping the dan shu stuff in the xianzhou story but you couldnt even do that until 1.2 so if you did the story before then thats one achievement you can never get. and theres an achievement for doing them too so those are mutually exclusive.

and theres an achievement for having argenti in your team in su when you get the knights of beauty event so like, if you have no interest in rolling for him you're never getting that.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Mutually exclusive achievements always felt to me like one achievement with two different names.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sure, but that still means you're never getting 'every' achievement.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

It’s hard for me to care about any of it, to be honest.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

sure, but that still means you're never getting 'every' achievement.

Yes I am, in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I ran BS/Kafka/Sampo/Lynx

my Lynx is very sturdy so she could survive inevitably failing the mechanic, and then top off the team