Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
I found US Agent to fit nicely into my spectrum deck. Works well with goose, forcing opponents big cards to the Agent lane. Definitely not a must have card,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Did they stop doing the pool drops or something? I quit last year once the spotlight system released and iron lad is still pool 5.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they stopped doing regular scheduled drops, yeah. they're still supposed to do some drops eventually but they haven't really yet

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DrManiac posted:

Did they stop doing the pool drops or something? I quit last year once the spotlight system released and iron lad is still pool 5.

They did one earlier this year and have said there'll be one or two more before December. Apart from that we know nothing.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Patch out. Alioth eats a badly needed rework, but man they took Zabu out back and shot him.

Alioth
[Old] 6/2 – On Reveal: Destroy all unrevealed enemy cards here.
[New] 6/8 – On Reveal: Remove the text from all unrevealed enemy cards here.

Zabu
[Old] 2/2 – Ongoing: Your 4-Cost cards cost 1 less. (minimum 1)
[New] 2/3 – On Reveal: Until the end of next turn, your 4-Cost cards cost 1 less.

Sandman
[Old] 5/4 – Ongoing: Players can only play 1 card a turn.
[New] 5/7 – On Reveal: Players can only play 1 card next turn.

Lady Deathstrike
[Old] 5/4 – On Reveal: Destroy each card here with less Power than this.
[New] 5/7 – On Reveal: Destroy each card here with 3 or less Power.

Strong Guy
[Old] 3/3 – Ongoing: If your hand is empty, +6 Power.
[New] 3/3 – Ongoing: +6 Power if your hand has one or fewer cards.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, there goes every single deck that I use again. Not sure what the goal is with Alioth there, seems like he's just a powerful enchantress now unless he also reverts stuff like nebula and red Hulk back to the original Power which I don't imagine he does

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I actually like the Alioth change a lot

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

uhhhhh *what*

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I kind of hate all of those changes. I guess except Strong Guy, who I'll continue to not use

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
strong guy feels like he might make it into a discard deck now that he doesn't have anti synergy with apocalypse

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Finally solving the problem of too many people using Sandman

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opopanax posted:

Well, there goes every single deck that I use again. Not sure what the goal is with Alioth there, seems like he's just a powerful enchantress now unless he also reverts stuff like nebula and red Hulk back to the original Power which I don't imagine he does

I guess he's like a combo of Enchantress & Cosmo now, but only for cards dropped that turn, in one lane, and only if you have priority. Honestly feels like he's not worth the deck space with such a narrow window of success. Dead card.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

wow zabu got hosed over lol

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

i'm glad alioth is dead though, piece of poo poo mechanic - would have been fine if he announced himself turn 1 so you at least don't get surprised (and so I can retreat and hopefully match against a fun deck instead)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

psychopomp posted:

Yeah I don’t get why they are changing this card so much

Then again, they have been killing good cards lately like Darkhawk and now Zabu

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
It also seems like the changes to custom cards isn't working?

I still only have access to splits I earned with a particular variant, not ANY variant for that card. Unless I'm reading the patch notes wrong about the changes to custom cards.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They clarified that those changes are not live and were accidentally included in the patch notes

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

psychopomp posted:

One is too many

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

New Lady D is kind of interesting. Still don’t know if she makes the cut in a regular destroy list.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Cheeky bastards. Upcoming emote -

https://snap.fan/emotes/Darkhawk3xValue/

Also, pouring one out for our boy Zabu. :(

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Devo posted:

New Lady D is kind of interesting. Still don’t know if she makes the cut in a regular destroy list.

Her and Electro make a nice duo

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

They clarified that those changes are not live and were accidentally included in the patch notes

https://twitter.com/PrimePosted/status/1778086588712456569

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I’m glad that there are more comic book cover variants coming soon

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
important notes from nikumatic-land:

peach momoko album drops on 6/17 along with 8 new peach momoko variants that go in said album; peach momoko thanos variant is the card reward. if you want a head start you'll need silver surfer, jubilee, doctor strange, and knull (kabuki, not sadboy) from peach, all others releasing on 6/17.

there is a new undated magik variant so the drop of the r1c0 variant on 5/17 will not be my end of the time with the game

this has been an update on the most important datamines from the patch, thank you

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/ParryManilow/status/1778102648161304831

Jesus Christ

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

uhhhhh *what*

yeah, agreed on the alioth. I can't just wipe big bad powers off the board anymore or neuter wong plays anymore.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

yeah i only found out this was even an option between the last patch and this one

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

incoherent posted:

yeah, agreed on the alioth. I can't just wipe big bad powers off the board anymore or neuter wong plays anymore.
it'd still neuter stuff played on wong

Timing of Alioth's change is weird since Alioth hasn't felt like a big deal in months? but it's definitely interesting and probably what they should have done originally

Zabu getting murdered feels like a pretty big change, but Zabu as he was meant they had to be SO careful with 4 costs so probably good in the long run

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

wyoak posted:

Timing of Alioth's change is weird since Alioth hasn't felt like a big deal in months? but it's definitely interesting and probably what they should have done originally

yeah it sucks cause he was at the point where nobody expects him anymore so he's been a good part of my climb this season!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

wyoak posted:

Zabu getting murdered feels like a pretty big change, but Zabu as he was meant they had to be SO careful with 4 costs so probably good in the long run
You still have to have priority with Alioth so I just don’t think he’s worth it

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Zabu change is absolute horseshit. He wasn’t even that prevalent in the meta, but that just neuters a bunch of fun decks.

And Alioth hasn’t been prevalent in forever and is now completely useless. That’s not enough power to make up for his insanely narrow use case.

No idea what the gently caress they were thinking with either of those.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It feels like they are throwing darts at a dartboard when making these changes

Although the dumbest one is the Adam Warlock one. As a 2 cost he wasn’t used that much, but they made him a 5 cost which absolutely makes him useless. Why would it matter if you had an extra draw going into T6? If you really want that, Crystal will do it for 3 cost.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

DeepDickPizza posted:

The Zabu change is absolute horseshit. He wasn’t even that prevalent in the meta, but that just neuters a bunch of fun decks.

And Alioth hasn’t been prevalent in forever and is now completely useless. That’s not enough power to make up for his insanely narrow use case.

No idea what the gently caress they were thinking with either of those.
Apparently they plan these types of patches out further in advance which kind of makes sense, Alioth was more of an issue a few months ago

Zabu has been S-Tier since release so some sort of nerf was kind of overdue, this might be too harsh but whatever

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Zabu was definitely S-tier but had a broad appeal across a bunch of different deck types. It wasn’t like HE or OG Alioth or Thanos or whatever where their presence in the game felt oppressive. He just opened things up. Now the use case is way too narrow for his body. He’s harder to play on curve and if you’re saving him for a big turn six, you really need to build a deck to make sure you aren’t wasting those other 3 points of cost on 5 to even make the turn 6 worthwhile.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Zabu has been omnipresent for over a year now. The Alioth change means that there is no real way to majorly damage decks dumping priority. The side effect of this is that there would have been a Tier 0 Sera deck within 48 hours of the patch. The Zabu change might prevent that and honestly the kitty cat has needed to be brought down a peg or two for quite a while now.

e: also I agree with the Alioth change. gently caress that card and I wish I lived in the same world as those of you that said you never see him. That fucker has been a nightmare since release.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m ngl I didn’t think Alioth was too bad these days but I do remember after his last nerf thinking “nah this ain’t it, they’re gonna kill this card eventually”

Red
Apr 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/bootmanmstz/status/1778140809042468934

I mean, I guess some people will, but

Card backs I would buy.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Honestly all the changes make sense.

Alioth loving blows and was Leader levels of "be winning on turn 5 or lose the game" Taking the text off keeps the utilty of shutting off combo pieces while making it so you don't just flat out auto win by being ahead on 5.

Zabu is everywhere and this is explicitly a test nerf to see how the meta shakes up without him.

Sandman was way too good for a tech card and Corvus ramp made him a problem.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Red posted:

https://twitter.com/bootmanmstz/status/1778140809042468934

I mean, I guess some people will, but

Card backs I would buy.

I could see myself picking up a few specific avatars now and again, just because there are certain variants that are best-in-class for me or on characters I really love but I'll never in a thousand years randomly pull them from the caches. Sometimes I wanna rep a certain variant that I also like a lot but is second best to the variant I'll actually use on a card. I liked the change where you get the spotlight avatar any time you pull the variant for that reason since I'll occasionally pull keys on a week where I already have a variant I like better and end up with what would've been otherwise an entirely useless variant pull.

Card backs and new borders and stuff are gonna fill the store down the line too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Patch out. Alioth eats a badly needed rework, but man they took Zabu out back and shot him.

Alioth
[Old] 6/2 – On Reveal: Destroy all unrevealed enemy cards here.
[New] 6/8 – On Reveal: Remove the text from all unrevealed enemy cards here.

Zabu
[Old] 2/2 – Ongoing: Your 4-Cost cards cost 1 less. (minimum 1)
[New] 2/3 – On Reveal: Until the end of next turn, your 4-Cost cards cost 1 less.

Sandman
[Old] 5/4 – Ongoing: Players can only play 1 card a turn.
[New] 5/7 – On Reveal: Players can only play 1 card next turn.

Lady Deathstrike
[Old] 5/4 – On Reveal: Destroy each card here with less Power than this.
[New] 5/7 – On Reveal: Destroy each card here with 3 or less Power.

Strong Guy
[Old] 3/3 – Ongoing: If your hand is empty, +6 Power.
[New] 3/3 – Ongoing: +6 Power if your hand has one or fewer cards.

What is this. What are we even doing here.