Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sanlav posted:

They've got binders full of receipts, he's a liar and once people know it's over Donny. He's in the Star Wars garbage compactor right now, and R2-D2 wants you to vote blue.

he's trying to hack the compactor, but he can't do it unless we all cheer as loud as we can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Jon Carbuncle posted:

not sure I see anything here other than a healthy distrust of the government

if I missed something let me know, but I was feeling similiar to those posts at the time of being cautious about anything being rushed by a rotten apparatus

that rot of course wasn’t all trumps fault, it’s been there for years

But that "healthy distrust of government" disappeared after Biden was elected and instead turned into "science denialism that undermined our fine governmental institutions & needed to be squelched by all means necessary."

And the swivel didn't entail anything other than the color of the team jerseys.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

personally, my own healthy distrust of the government is due to the government telling me what to think, read or discuss.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

mcmagic posted:

They know they are saying it's cool for Trump do this, right? They must know...............

Of course they do, that's the point.

And if Trump wins and inevitably does decide to close the border, liberals will twist themselves into knots explaining how it would have been ok for Biden to do but it's a massive human rights violation that the Bad Orange Man did it instead.

And posting any articles like that one will result in a probe for dredging up the past.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
not sure where to share this but the algorithm sent me this and you will want to hear it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zTei5RMhQ8

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

Are the Democrats floating student loan forgiveness? I'm seeing a lot of FB chatter about how it's theft of our precious dollars.

They're pretending to, yeah

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

loquacius posted:

meet the new slit

same as the old slit

same slit different day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's no such thing as a nation w/o censorship. The US approach is destructive and hateful bc it's the main propagator of capitalist empire.. Not bc the state espousing their own ideology is necessarily bad.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

But that "healthy distrust of government" disappeared after Biden was elected and instead turned into "science denialism that undermined our fine governmental institutions & needed to be squelched by all means necessary."

And the swivel didn't entail anything other than the color of the team jerseys.

My friend was a fact checker both at the end of the Trump admin and in 2023, and it was really funny to see how their workload changed in that time.

In 2019-20 it was a lot of checking on prominent figures posting things that were distorting or misrepresenting facts

In 2023 it was going to Facebook uncle groups and finding out if the police really brutalized evangelical protestors

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

lol at the last few months of endless "Biden beat inflation!!!" to now, oops turns out inflation is back baby.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rectal Death Alert posted:

Trump rising in the polls and looking to be the favorite is breaking brains already.

Not necessarily your sister but the worst liberals are the ones spreading this poo poo around to be impossibly negative for Trump and impossibly positive for Biden.

Trump is going to send gangs door to door executing minorities but Biden will end war, hunger and provide free college for everyone. Medicare For All will even exist from May to October this year again.

Why would you choose the apocalypse on purpose?!?!

It's been neat to see everyone but the psycho true believer blue no matter who freaks no longer being swayed by bullshit promises about what a second Biden administration would do vs Trump.

Bidens been president for three years and the huge majority of Americans have seen literally no positive improvements in their life related to government policy. Rents, prices of goods, and interest rates have all skyrocketed, healthcare remains a farce, and student debt still exists (and people have had to start paying for it again). Zero progressive policy has been passed. Literally none.

A bunch of regressive poo poo like Roe v Wade overturned, huge covid death numbers, and overseeing the worst genocide of the 21st century did happen though. Thanks Joe!

So gently caress all the stupid Democrats who make noise about healthcare being a right and protecting abortion rights and democracy. You're full of poo poo and everyone knows it. gently caress you.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

the_steve posted:

Of course they do, that's the point.

And if Trump wins and inevitably does decide to close the border, liberals will twist themselves into knots explaining how it would have been ok for Biden to do but it's a massive human rights violation that the Bad Orange Man did it instead.

And posting any articles like that one will result in a probe for dredging up the past.

I wonder if there will be any resistance at all.

Is anyone going to even pretend to care about immigrants again after completely dropping the issue for four years

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Willa Rogers posted:

personally, my own healthy distrust of the government is due to the government telling me what to think, read or discuss.
:angel::patriot:
https://x.com/realnikohouse/status/1734327934876266829

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

I wonder if there will be any resistance at all.

Is anyone going to even pretend to care about immigrants again after completely dropping the issue for four years

Yes of course.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

great idea Herr Biden let's make sure you clarify the president has authority to do that 5 minutes before you hand off power to trump, the !!!! Fascist !!!!

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

In Training posted:

There's no such thing as a nation w/o censorship. The US approach is destructive and hateful bc it's the main propagator of capitalist empire.. Not bc the state espousing their own ideology is necessarily bad.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

isn't this the poo poo that made trump a dicktater

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

In Training posted:

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Nichael posted:

I don't get why it exists.

Thailand? I think because of volcanoes or plate tectonics or something

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Oh, are they reviving "Book of Mormon"?

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

It was even funnier than that bc it started with leon claiming that I was overly obsessed with him, using post counts of mine with his name vs. his posts with my name (after he'd edited out my name from his posts).

Then he claimed he removed my name while responding directly to me because, on reflection, the posts were "too mean" & he meant to be kinder (by removing my name and nothing else).

The thread is in the goldmine now.

lol

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

even if it wasn't working to expand the power of the executive branch in the lead up to an election that looks like it may be a historic blowout by the guy who you've spent the past 4 years saying tried to destroy democracy is certainly a move

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

I'm knitting this guy's name into my list of the doomed.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

sounds really trumpian

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

spacemang_spliff posted:

It's not evil when we do it because we're the good guys

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nothus posted:

It's not evil when we do it because we're the good guys

Doing good things with executive power is, however, always evil, because only evil people do that

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

President Biden’s recent battleground state campaign tour didn’t draw major crowds.

But critically for the Biden campaign, it did produce a lot of content.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/bidens-strategy-reach-tuned-voters-content-crowds-rcna146146

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

shant be reading this thread but i encourage all who do to report posts that are just tweet dumps, so i may punish them. thank you. or dont.

i see so what youre saying is that unsourced quotes of long articles are not against the thread rules good to know

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Are the Democrats floating student loan forgiveness? I'm seeing a lot of FB chatter about how it's theft of our precious dollars.

they're playing the election game with a shittier version of it than last time and that also has (0%) of actually going through

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

sullat posted:

Well also there was the influence of Dr. Fauci, who has the dubious honor of mishandling two major epidemics in his lifetime.

Zients has done more damage than any member of the CDC or the Trump admin but nobody other than covid thread posters even know he’s the guy who’s been running Biden’s covid response the last four years.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

listen, sometimes you have to make sacrifices. and if that means asylum seekers and migrants get screwed, that's just the cost of protecting all the other groups we promise we totally care about. we'll never do the same thing for them when it is politically expedient, that's a promise.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

And for all that, both parties are far more cohesive and reliable in their votes than they were at any other point in history. Democratic administrations of the past had large segments of their own party in open rebellion against their legislative priorities. Including, almost especially, the most successful ones. If one was to accept that Biden and Democratic leadership are bad at keeping the party in line, FDR and LBJ were absolute dogshit losers who bumbled into every law they passed.

Sanlav
Feb 10, 2020

We'll Meet Again

spacemang_spliff posted:

No no, this is much different.

You lock yourself in a room with the West Wing and Newsroom Playing on 57 tv's stacked against a wall. Then the big idea hits you. Those hypocrit Republican justices won't be able to resist reigning in executive power when it's Joe Biden asking. There's no way Trump will be able to wriggle past legal precdent or that the Supreme Court might not bite at spite when a chance for god emperorship is on the line.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

sullat posted:

Well also there was the influence of Dr. Fauci, who has the dubious honor of mishandling two major epidemics in his lifetime.

That's no way to talk about the sexiest man alive

https://www.instagram.com/p/CTwK1S-qSfa/

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

Didn't Lightfoot run blacksites so cops could torture people during protests?

No, they also existed to torture people in trumped up charges

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

2016: A New Hope
2020: The Empire Strikes Back
2024: Return of the Jedi

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

they're playing the election game with a shittier version of it than last time and that also has (0%) of actually going through

Yeah they published a plan to do a thing that might help some people if enacted, with a big plank of course being adhering to pre existing forgiveness plans, so it's like good stuff but also not really something to be especially proud of, and also literally nothing has been done yet.

But of course Dem bootlickers think it means something is actually happening.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

bobtheconqueror posted:

Yeah they published a plan to do a thing that might help some people if enacted, with a big plank of course being adhering to pre existing forgiveness plans, so it's like good stuff but also not really something to be especially proud of, and also literally nothing has been done yet.

it also apparently double-counted the actual number of affected so instead of 25 mil its prob around 12 mil actual affected

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

President Biden’s recent battleground state campaign tour didn’t draw major crowds.

But critically for the Biden campaign, it did produce a lot of content.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-election/bidens-strategy-reach-tuned-voters-content-crowds-rcna146146

"A visit to a Milwaukee campaign office offered him a chance to connect with a young boy who’d written to him about dealing with a stutter, an unscripted interaction that made its way to TikTok."

it made its way to tiktok bc it was posted there by the acct named "bidenhq" lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

it also apparently double-counted the actual number of affected so instead of 25 mil its prob around 12 mil actual affected

Lmao incredible