Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I forgot about the Halo gear oh god. It looked like a child’s costume, I’m not sure if the helmet would have helped or made it more absurd. There’s a way to do insufferable gamer poo poo and have it kick rear end like Kenny’s sephiroth entrance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Adam Cole isn’t even close to AEW’s worst signing, come on bro.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
He’s not a wwe snitch like some of the other bums they’ve hired

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

Hangman on a heel belt chase against face champ swerve is more fun imo.

I disagree. The story is Hangman is obsessed with keeping Swerve from ever winning the world title. The resolution of that is Swerve winning the title. So logically, he should win it from Hangman. I think the story becomes a little diluted if it shifts from "YOU WILL NEVER WIN THE WORLD TITLE" to "Okay, well, you won it, but I WOULD PREFER IF YOU DIDN'T HOLD IT FOR VERY LONG!"

You can have Hangman chase Swerve after he wins, but that kinda strikes me as like. The denouement, after Swerve has beaten Hangman for the title, rather than the climax.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He’s not a wwe snitch like some of the other bums they’ve hired

Like, whatever else you can say about Cole, the dude is clearly all in on AEW. You can argue that that might not be a good thing, but still.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Eat My Fuc posted:

I forgot about the Halo gear oh god. It looked like a child’s costume, I’m not sure if the helmet would have helped or made it more absurd. There’s a way to do insufferable gamer poo poo and have it kick rear end like Kenny’s sephiroth entrance.

I think it was the shoulder pads that exacerbated it, made it look like a toddler in an adult costume. And not a good one, a cheap deal from Party City.

I don't care if brawls are happening in gorilla and monitors are falling on Tony Kahn, someone failed in their job of telling Adam Cole not to go on television wearing that thing. TK can hire me to do it

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

I disagree. The story is Hangman is obsessed with keeping Swerve from ever winning the world title. The resolution of that is Swerve winning the title. So logically, he should win it from Hangman. I think the story becomes a little diluted if it shifts from "YOU WILL NEVER WIN THE WORLD TITLE" to "Okay, well, you won it, but I WOULD PREFER IF YOU DIDN'T HOLD IT FOR VERY LONG!"

You can have Hangman chase Swerve after he wins, but that kinda strikes me as like. The denouement, after Swerve has beaten Hangman for the title, rather than the climax.

Maybe, but I’d also rather swerve get his title run now while the iron is hot because he rules and I don’t think wedging hangman back into the equation to dethrone Joe and then giving him a long enough run to make the chase ‘worth it’ will do them any favours on that front

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
The worst signing AEW have made is Ric Flair and anyone who says otherwise is loopy in the bazonga

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
flair didnt even betray sting smh

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I forgive Adam Cole because he only just learned that video games are cool and he's like a kid who just found out about a really cool fact about dinosaurs on Wikipedia and is telling everyone and anyone about it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

Maybe, but I’d also rather swerve get his title run now while the iron is hot because he rules and I don’t think wedging hangman back into the equation to dethrone Joe and then giving him a long enough run to make the chase ‘worth it’ will do them any favours on that front

Yeah I'm the opposite. I don't think Swerve's there yet and I want a long tortured babyface arc.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008
I love Adam Cole just because him winning all his matches with nut shots and interference made people so mad. Just a bitch-rear end slime ball who got geeked at every PPV.

Jay White has now taken over the role and people are similarly furious about it!

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Swerves a really good wrestler with awesome style and tons of charisma, but his live promos kinda suck. There, I said it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sandman from ECW posted:

Swerves a really good wrestler with awesome style and tons of charisma, but his live promos kinda suck. There, I said it

Kinda seems that way.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Adam Cole's main thing being an annoying poo poo that pushed multiple people to borderline murder him was funny. Got thrown off a twenty foot platform by Orange, brain scrambled by a conchairto from Christian, crown of thorns on Easter from Hangman. People loving hated this rear end in a top hat so much. I keep waiting for Wardlow to push his wheelchair down a flight of stairs next

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Sandman from ECW posted:

The live promos were really good until they turned him face. Crazy that the guy who got over as a blood thirsty heel in the promotion where violence is the most respected thing is struggling now that he can't do the things he's best at

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It’s time for Tony to forgive AR Fox and let him be Swerve’s toadie again.

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

Gumball Gumption posted:

now that he can't do the things he's best at

he can
he should

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

The live promos were really good until they turned him face. Crazy that the guy who got over as a blood thirsty heel in the promotion where violence is the most respected thing is struggling now that he can't do the things he's best at

Not really. He just went from a cartoon villain to a good guy trying to still act like a cartoon villain.

He needs more reality. More Stephon Strickland, less Mogul.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

Yeah I'm the opposite. I don't think Swerve's there yet and I want a long tortured babyface arc.

I want Swerve to win but what you're trying to sell me is Joe remains champ for a little longer and god drat it MJeff if you're not convincing me.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

my only complaint about Swerve was they tried to just shove the whole home invasion under the rug lol. he didn't need to be a face in the Samoa Joe feud, he doesn't even need to be the face in the Hangman feud. Sometimes both/all competitors can just be whackjobs, it's totally fine, just have everyone be insane for this run.

I assume Swerve will lean more into heel poo poo again because he'll probably be facing a face Ospreay at Wembley.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

NienNunb posted:

It’s time for Tony to forgive AR Fox and let him be Swerve’s toadie again.

God forgives, Tiny don’t 😔

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

The worst signing AEW have made is Ric Flair and anyone who says otherwise is loopy in the bazonga

they need all that woomoney, a drink i've never ever seen in person

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Parallax posted:

i have also never seen a can of woooooooooo energy in a store or gas station

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ric flair is selling crypto and dick pills

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Happy Wednesday Everybody

We need to remember this, more than the women's division.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

crown of thorns on Good Friday from Hangman.

This was 100% worth hiring Cole. And I say that as someone who agrees with most of EMF's points

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Parallax posted:

I have consumed some horrendous energy drinks sold from some shady bodegas or vape stores, but have never seen a place stock the woo energy. I think it makes you melt into a pile of goo like that movie Street Trash

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I forgot about the Halo gear oh god. It looked like a child’s costume,

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm with you, it's honestly shocking that the Halo outfit was worse than the recent Cody one and yet

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My man out here looking like a Shao Khan funko pop

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh my god

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

what a radiskull

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

flashy_mcflash posted:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Skeletor from the Master of the Universe live action movie really let himself go huh

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

"fascist skeletor" would be a good user name

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

DLC Inc posted:

my only complaint about Swerve was they tried to just shove the whole home invasion under the rug lol. he didn't need to be a face in the Samoa Joe feud, he doesn't even need to be the face in the Hangman feud. Sometimes both/all competitors can just be whackjobs, it's totally fine, just have everyone be insane for this run.

I assume Swerve will lean more into heel poo poo again because he'll probably be facing a face Ospreay at Wembley.
he tried choking joe out from behind, laughed while bleeding out and signed his title contract with his own blood. he's still got the killer's edge. he's just facing a dude who knows that game better than anyone else on the roster and isn't gonna be as easily rattled as someone like hangman.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Eat This Glob posted:

"fascist skeletor" would be a good user name

But you repeat yourself

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

He failed to test his might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Happy Wednesday Everybody

We need to remember this, more than the women's division.

Tonight's main event is like if the week Austin won the title from Shawn Michaels at Mania Nitro's main event was Shawn's broken down brother Roger Michaels having a non-title match against Sting.