Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
foden and saka dead

this is a BAD DAY FOR ENGLAND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I feel like if Saka had done anything but stick his leg out for the pen it would have been a better outcome.

Senor Big Snacks
Jan 6, 2024
That's a pen every day of the week

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Seen them given tbh

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Saka is not dead OP he will be fine

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
I can’t listen to Micah Richard’s and Jamie carragher for 5 seconds before having to close the stream. Such incredibly annoying punditry style. Literally just LOUD NOISES

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The pantomime overreacting to stuff is annoying, ok so you said something funny, it's not that funny though.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

if saka just let the contact happen it would have been awarded but he made an obvious effort to guarantee he hit the keeper

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

VAR is supposed to be reviewing decisions even after full time if the original decision was made before full time. This exact thing happened this season and VAR overturned the decision for a penalty to happen.

I can’t deal with this right now, checking out of this poo poo

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the creatures outside looked from sky sports fanzone to professional puditry, and from pundit to fat shrieking wigan fan; but already it was impossible to say which was which

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Not worth dwelling on the pen, it wouldn't have been needed if Arsenal hadn't lost their heads for 20 minutes

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Really fun match between Real and Man City unlike last year. But you would think City have this in the bag now with Walker back in the 2nd leg.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

EC10 posted:

I can’t listen to Micah Richard’s and Jamie carragher for 5 seconds before having to close the stream. Such incredibly annoying punditry style. Literally just LOUD NOISES

I can cope with Micah not as a pundit as he’s a funny lad, but yeah he can be grating.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

VAR is supposed to be reviewing decisions even after full time if the original decision was made before full time. This exact thing happened this season and VAR overturned the decision for a penalty to happen.

It was never going to be a penalty, hope this helps

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

RIP Real Madrid though when they have to go to the Etihad

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

They will win it on the second leg though OP

Yes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Lol Partey is loving gash

I thought they were never able to prove that

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:dadjoke:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Partey is awful, get elneny on the field instead lol

Zinchenko also has been poor for awhile now, awful decision to have him come on and force white to sit back

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

RIP Real Madrid though when they have to go to the Etihad

Ya they really needed a 3-1 here to be safe. I mean a draw is still a fresh game and they have done it in the Etihad before with the miracle comeback. But you can't count on miracles.

I think Madrid fans will be dissappointed in losing to City again in semis but you really can tell this team needs a proper striker. With Mbappe and fully fit Courtois + Miltao they would beat Man City imo.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Vegetable posted:

It clearly was checked with the var room. Who agreed. Cause it wasn't a penalty.

More surprising is they completely missed the obvious bayern pen for this
https://streamable.com/fewcz7

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

sourdough posted:

Partey is awful, get elneny on the field instead lol

Zinchenko also has been poor for awhile now, awful decision to have him come on and force white to sit back

We looked better when zinny came on imo

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

We looked better when zinny came on imo

Jesus looked amazing and Trossard good, I think them starting over Havertz and Martinelli is ideal for now. But Zinchenko just kind of sat on the ball doing the inverted fullback thing and making safe passes, and made it so the Saka/White/Odegaard right side combination didn't happen anymore. Tomiyasu on the left sitting back and letting White bomb forward is what I hope Arteta tries in Munich, but probably with Martinelli who seems to track back better than Trossard.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

how do you watch that game and come to the conclusion that Zinchenko should be shafted and Trossard should be starting over Havertz lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ben White was incredible again yesterday

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I saw this photo of the penalty shout and I thought it was nice that the advertisers conveniently circled where Saka could've just shot the loving ball

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Uefa you gotta stop putting games on at the same time

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Has it been that long since your club has been in Europe?

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Do you remember the last round, when it was one poo poo match after another, thankfully only spead out over 4 weeks instead of 8?

Scheduling every single match at different times just means there are a more nights with no good football.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

UnderFreddy posted:

how do you watch that game and come to the conclusion that Zinchenko should be shafted and Trossard should be starting over Havertz lmao

Arsenal fan brain

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I get the feeling that tonight's games are going to be dull, scoreless draws or maybe 1-0s after yesterday's 10 goal bonanza.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

qirex posted:

I get the feeling that tonight's games are going to be dull, scoreless draws or maybe 1-0s after yesterday's 10 goal bonanza.

I hope you're wrong op

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I want Barca to lose in a funny way

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

:hmmyes:

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Thanks Ants posted:

Even more than PSG losing in a funny way?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It’s a tough choice isn’t it

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Not really, Barca losing is exponentially funnier

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
CL is extremely poo poo, I'd love all the participating teams to lose and be shut down

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Weaponized Cum posted:

Arsenal fan brain

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

oh god, it's Ray Hudson