Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I love original Mega Man X but couldn't get into any of the sequels for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
mega man x is good x 2 and x3 aren't as good x4 is good x5 is mid and then i cant play them anymore without getting mad

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
mega man! (pauses gameplay) watch out for that bottomless pit... you'll die if you fall into it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Plant MONSTER. posted:

There's a lot of song of time puzzles and oddly placed cows in MQ

cows are cool and more games should have cows

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
The rose boss from X5 is what prompted my lifelong obsession with plants for some reason

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

is it X5 or X6 that locks you out of things including a good ending if you die too much or don't play the levels in optimal order

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

getting owned as X and then getting to play as Zero in the intro of X3 was such a cool moment

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

is it X5 or X6 that locks you out of things including a good ending if you die too much or don't play the levels in optimal order

that's x5 and also you can miss out on the good ending by flat out pure bad RNG

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ilmucche posted:

cows are cool and more games should have cows

Another point for Dragon Quest 11.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!
i always knew runescape was great

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Coolguye posted:

that's x5 and also you can miss out on the good ending by flat out pure bad RNG

lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I actually heard Command Mission was a half-decent Jrpg, but X7 was awful and I have no experience with X8

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
X saying "I did it!" in a deeper voice than he's ever had after every battle

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

ArfJason posted:

Incredible soundtrack tho

the x6 soundtrack rules, shame about everything else

x6 has like, character loadouts that prevent you from being able to complete certain levels, it is incredibly easy to softlock yourself. lol

x7 is even more dogshit, which is amazing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I actually heard Command Mission was a half-decent Jrpg, but X7 was awful and I have no experience with X8

x8 rises all the back up to the level of just being bland

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Southern Cassowary posted:

the x6 soundtrack rules, shame about everything else

x6 has like, character loadouts that prevent you from being able to complete certain levels, it is incredibly easy to softlock yourself. lol

x7 is even more dogshit, which is amazing

I think x6 has the museum stage that has randomized sections and one of them is quite literally impossible with unarmored x since he doesnt have an air dash cause you gotta airdash under a wall over a death pit

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

jabu jabu full of cows lol

He got hungry

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

master quest is cool but i've never finished it

I beat it for the IZGC summer of zelda event and it was neat with some really tricky puzzles, but ultimately not something I'd ever want to do again. I enjoy Zelda for reasons other than fiendishly difficult dungeon puzzles.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the master quest water temple is easier than the regular one which is really funny

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
x8 makes a really solid engine and then forgets to put a platformer on top of it

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
if they ever make an x9 it would be a cool base

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

the master quest water temple is easier than the regular one which is really funny

The Water Temple is only ever hard once because you have to learn to track things in three dimensions, which you normally don't need to do in Zelda games, so switching around where things are doesn't make it harder.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dongicus posted:

everybody hop on yiik 2, the upgraded version of yiik

To busy with Dogma 2, the upgraded version of every game ever made.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
x6's museum stage has a gimmick of being teleported to random rooms and the rooms themselves also have semi-random layouts and junk spawning in everywhere

one of those layouts can result in a gap you need special armor or accessories for

also all the rooms have collectibles and one of them has a special teleporter to an alternate level exit so you need to roll it twice lol

you'd average like two dozen visits to get everything and the rooms are paired to certain teleporters so you need to go through a bunch of the level for another shot at the later ones

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ArfJason posted:

X4 is the best one and it had potential to even have a cool story (for a megaman game) instead of the nonsense that ends up in there. X5 had a cool atmosphere of doom and gloom but thats when the series started really spiralling and X6 is straight up indefensible dogshit.

all the heat after X5 is in the Mega Man Zero/ZX games

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

ArfJason posted:

I think x6 has the museum stage that has randomized sections and one of them is quite literally impossible with unarmored x since he doesnt have an air dash cause you gotta airdash under a wall over a death pit

i know there's a similar setup in gate's lab 2 and i think there's another one in yammark's path to high max, it's been a while

the gate's lab one is funny because there's a bunch of spikes in the stage to make you think to bring in the shadow armor since it's immune to spikes, but the shadow armor also prevents you from doing a jump without being speedrunner levels of crazy, it requires this setup or optional upgrade parts to make your dash/jump better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpKZqzZrY-k

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Megaman Network Transmission is pretty cool and underrated and mostly everyone dismissed it because it doesn't explain that you can slide underneath bosses and that's super important

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The unmoored world is so hype.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Martman posted:

Megaman Network Transmission is pretty cool and underrated and mostly everyone dismissed it because it doesn't explain that you can slide underneath bosses and that's super important

That's an incredibly good vibes game for me. My best friend in middle school and I got every chip

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Wormskull posted:

im waiting for a performance patch cuz when i went into vernworth my cpu got really hot and it scared me lol. really loved what i did get to play though

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Danaru posted:

Been getting into Dwarf Fortress again and my best weaponsmith was ambushed outside by a were-antelope. He was severely injured but fended it off until it turned back into a human, which was right when the fortress guard arrived and rendered him into ribbons. Against all odds we were able to rescue the weaponsmith and get him to the hospital.

I kinda forgot the whole concept of were-creatures until the weaponsmith himself turned into a were-antelope and slaughtered the entire civilian population of my fortress within seconds. Whoops!

Is there a cure for dwarves affected by lycantrophy, other than imprisonment/ death? I had a dwarf once who became a vampire; I walled him inside a small office and made him the fortress bookkeeper.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Repliforce did nothing wrong, they show up to help the survivors of a sky 9/11 and the Maverick Hunters freak the gently caress out and try to arrest them.

And then it turned out the guy who did it was a loving Maverick Hunter

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

slay the spire 2 has a steam page

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2868840/Slay_the_Spire_2/

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

if you liked slay the spire you should play griftlands

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

im waiting for a performance patch cuz when i went into vernworth my cpu got really hot and it scared me lol. really loved what i did get to play though

Everyone who makes games could learn from it. It’s almost Too based.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Wormskull posted:

Everyone who makes games could learn from it. It’s almost Too based.

yeah i played dark arisen a few months ago and had a blast so i know im in for a good time when i can get back in it. videogames...ftw...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It’s nice that Capcom can still make a game that’s shamelessly and even proud to be a game lol. Nice simple setting and story and they revel in the moments where the lore can’t keep you entranced and it just says Yeah it’s still just a game remember. And you love it every time.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

I'm going to put a worrying amount of hours into this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

ArfJason posted:

X4 is the best one and it had potential to even have a cool story (for a megaman game) instead of the nonsense that ends up in there. X5 had a cool atmosphere of doom and gloom but thats when the series started really spiralling and X6 is straight up indefensible dogshit.
1-3 are the peak of the X series imo. 4 has potential, but the first three are just tighter designed and more fun than any of the games that came after. Everything after 4 does get increasingly bad, despite the music being good throughout.

Also,

Danaru posted:

Repliforce did nothing wrong