Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

itry posted:

Summing up the most recent episode: :piss:

Edit: I assume we'll be seeing some time travel in future episodes trying to undo, or at least mitigate, that absolute clusterfuck. It's probably based on an established comic run, but I don't read them.

Yeah, in the comics, back in the early 2000s, a major, beloved run on X-Men started up with that bigass Sentinel coming over to Genosha and blowing everything up. It wasn't altered with time travel or anything. They just moved on from there and dealt with the fallout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

How does Magneto fly

Like I guess the idea is that his suit is metallic and he uses his magnet powers to levitate it, but I think that’s stupid as gently caress because it’s equivalent to trying to fly by pulling up on your own feet

I’d like a crispy chicken biggie bag with ghost pepper ranch sauce

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Hazo posted:

How does Magneto fly

Like I guess the idea is that his suit is metallic and he uses his magnet powers to levitate it, but I think that’s stupid as gently caress because it’s equivalent to trying to fly by pulling up on your own feet

His magnetic levitation powers are not applied in reference to his body, in that if he lifts a large metal item, the forces are not applied to his body. I assume the force is external or bound to space somehow.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Rogue taught him how since he asked politely.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Strong Rogue best Rogue.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Powerlift and separate

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Hazo posted:

How does Magneto fly

He pushes himself off of various mineral deposits and such in the earth.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

…This is actually a pretty good explanation. Thanks X-Men nerds!

Now address my theory of how Tony Stark is definitely a mutant because of how he can survive massive impacts without liquefying himself inside his suit.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hazo posted:

Now address my theory of how Tony Stark is definitely a mutant because of how he can survive massive impacts without liquefying himself inside his suit.

Inertial Dampeners

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Hazo posted:

There's probably a dozen other ways he could manage it. His powers are more "control over the electromagnetic spectrum" or "controls magnetic forces" more than something like ferrokinessis. I remember getting a book about the X-Men in the 90's and part of his powers are "Can shoot any kind of energy out of his head or hands".

Dunno about big impacts but he once made himself a suit of ablative ceramic armor for working among hazardous space debris that would constantly make new mini ceramic plates from a kiln on his back to replace broken ones.

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Can Gambit and Rogue could have sex with gimp suits and condom?!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

There's a reason he wears a big metal diaper.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Vakal posted:

There's a reason he wears a big metal diaper.

How is Magneto so jacked?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt posted:

dude’s lifting every time you see him

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

redshirt posted:

Pumping iron

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Everything is magnetic given a strong enough magnetic field

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Is it just me or did Jubilee lose her virginity?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I don’t know what would make you think that.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

redshirt posted:

Comic book artists only really know how to draw one male and one female body type. It's the same reason everyone wears skin tight spandex instead of clothes like normal people.

I guess to be fair, it's probably more of a speed thing when you're drawing a few dozen pages a month, but still there is a huge lack of variety in how these characters look.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
They should do the Fatal Attractions story. That's the only one I remember reading as it came out and there was no way they were ever doing it on the first xmen cartoon.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
magneto isn't the master of metal okay he's the master of magnetism which includes the earth's magnetic field to which he can manipulate to some extent. i know no one cares about the explanation, including the comic book writers, but i've read nearly every x-men comic and it had to have all been for something so please allow me to explain

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

thin blue whine posted:

magneto isn't the master of metal okay he's the master of magnetism which includes the earth's magnetic field to which he can manipulate to some extent. i know no one cares about the explanation, including the comic book writers, but i've read nearly every x-men comic and it had to have all been for something so please allow me to explain

How can his mastery of electromagnetism result in washboard abs?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Remember when magneto ripped out wolverines adamantium in the comics

That was sick as hell

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

redshirt posted:

How can his mastery of electromagnetism result in washboard abs?

he can pull the body fluids out of himself, thus becoming dehydrated and giving himself some sick as hell abs to show. he's not actually that buff it's all a trick

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

counterfeitsaint posted:

They should do the Fatal Attractions story. That's the only one I remember reading as it came out and there was no way they were ever doing it on the first xmen cartoon.

thin blue whine posted:

Smugworth posted:

Remember when magneto ripped out wolverines adamantium in the comics

That was sick as hell
you're all talking about the same story

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Magneto is so hot and cool.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
When did Wolverine quit smoking? I remember when he lost his adamantium his healing factor took a hit and he couldn't smoke anymore. Did he just get out of the habit?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
you all read exactly one xmen comic and it was the one that came with a holographic gambit trading card. ADMIT IT.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lammasu posted:

When did Wolverine quit smoking? I remember when he lost his adamantium his healing factor took a hit and he couldn't smoke anymore. Did he just get out of the habit?

He didn't want to be a bad influence on kids
Fortunately his healing factor made it impossible for him to get truly addicted to cigarettes.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Lammasu posted:

I wanna say they made him and Gambit quit in 96, 97? It was a brand-wide thing.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Cubone posted:

you all read exactly one xmen comic and it was the one that came with a holographic gambit trading card. ADMIT IT.

I've read all the comics

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smugworth posted:

He didn't want to be a bad influence on kids
Fortunately his healing factor made it impossible for him to get truly addicted to cigarettes.

Like Logan could go full heroin junky addiction and be fine after a weekend of detox.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Hazo posted:

How does Magneto fly

He syncs up with the earth's geomagnetic field, using that as force to apply his powers to.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Lammasu posted:

Wasn't it the other way around? Like turns out adamantium was constantly poisoning his body and his healing factor was always working to keep it in check, and once the adamantium was gone, then his healing factor got dialed up to 11.

Cubone posted:

I admit it, I only read the two or three I saw at KMart with the holographic thingie on the cover that I bugged my mom to buy me. What are you gonna do, make me embarrassed for not reading enough comic books, nerd? Shut up and give me your lunch money.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

counterfeitsaint posted:

Wasn't it the other way around? Like turns out adamantium was constantly poisoning his body and his healing factor was always working to keep it in check, and once the adamantium was gone, then his healing factor got dialed up to 11.

That happened eventually but at first the body damage was so extensive it weakened his healing factor. I distinctly remember him coughing on a cigar and saying he needs to quit those.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lammasu posted:

That happened eventually but at first the body damage was so extensive it weakened his healing factor. I distinctly remember him coughing on a cigar and saying he needs to quit those.

Why is Wolverine inhaling cigars

Stunt-Puffin
May 19, 2023

Magnus 'Magnet-Man' Magneto
doesn't really fly
he rides a metal butt plug
through the goddamned sky

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This show loving owns.

Gambit went out like a badass.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
There's really only one thing I think that would make me want to watch this show. Does Gambit have a legit Cajun accent now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

magneto flys via diamagnetic levitation. sort of like this frog, except he makes it sexy