Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Some transphobic poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
I guesss i was looking for a link. I googled him and news and all it showed me was that he was forced to deny burning down a petshop?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So he's a liar as well as a transphobe.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Josef bugman posted:

Wes Streeting is being an utter howling poo poo about trans people again and I am very very cross about this, in a way that I am not able to adequately express.

I want these folks to be put on trial in the Hague.

at the very least he's announced this shithouse nonsense early enough that the labour party can be given no peace about it for a good long run up to the election

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

I guesss i was looking for a link. I googled him and news and all it showed me was that he was forced to deny burning down a petshop?

His endorsement of the Cass Review basically an hour after it came out confirms it as an utter stitch up. Transphobic nonsense that ignored almost all studies on trans healthcare and then recommends against gender identity treatment for under 25s

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1777755823743054120?t=ZmFS2LD0fUE6v1pzdruP0Q&s=19

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
That and him saying poo poo like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LabourUK/comments/1c0sro5/i_was_wrong_to_say_all_trans_women_are_women/

Sorry about the reddit link, but the other choice is the loving sun.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Has anyone here made a successful complaint to Royal Mail? They say they've delivered a package and left it in my 'safeplace' and posted a card through my door. However, I have not designated a safeplace and the safeplace in the picture they provided seems to be someone's recycling bin which looks nothing like the bins I have in my garden.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
in retrospect i wish he did turn up to the unison conference because i would like to see his face as he gets torn to shreds (figuratively speaking, of course)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Yeah wes streeting was not hateful there in his speech. He was perhaps a moron for going on thats guys show where it was only ever going to go badly. the bit he was forced to row back on was the culture war style get over it soundbite

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
reading about candidates in his seat. i hope ms mohamad ruins his career

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/uk-british-palestinian-candidate-wes-streeting

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Yeah wes streeting was not hateful there in his speech. He was perhaps a moron for going on thats guys show where it was only ever going to go badly. the bit he was forced to row back on was the culture war style get over it soundbite

Not hateful for saying he regrets saying "transmen are men, trans women are women"? Elaborate.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

Not hateful for saying he regrets saying "transmen are men, trans women are women"? Elaborate.

he didnt actually say that though. I understand it's really difficult to hear what he said in your situation and not jump ahead. What he said was clumsy and a bit rubbish but its a live interview up against a oval office. He clarified after what he meant. Its beyond tricky trying to fold the cass findings into your plan if thats what labout wants to do.

I'm irritated that I dont see anyone with proper full on qualifications in any way challenging cass in the way people have said here, but maybe it will come

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nobody is making him say or support things he doesn't want to. If he is simply too much of a weakling to stand up for something he believes to be right then he is a contemptible excuse for a human being, never mind politician.

But I think that is being needlessly charitable.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

i think you would fail as a politician

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I could not give less of a poo poo about wes streetings personal success in his job of making the world worse for everyone else. I do not think that is a thing worth emulating or sympathising with. But I don't find it particularly surprising that it would be your impulse to do so.

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
I'm so scared of it all. Its getting to be too much. Not sure I will survive when they come for trans adult healthcare as well. Not like I can flee the country

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

DiscoWitch posted:

I'm so scared of it all. Its getting to be too much. Not sure I will survive when they come for trans adult healthcare as well. Not like I can flee the country

There will be ways. We will look after each other. Try not to get it on top of you - you can't tell what's going to happen in the future. I know this is easier said than done. Turn off the news for a few days if it's doing nothing but spiking your anxiety.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

DiscoWitch posted:

I mean we can still try if we have to.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I'm really sorry if people are upset but honestly I believe if you watched that wes streeting interview without your preconceptions then you'd be like meh... whatever he did ok and I am not so worried.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Like what I mean is this is a guy that shortly before was all in on believe trans people. And here he is on the verge of getting into power stumbling over his words on an enemy broadcast on the day a lovely report was published? Like I dunno

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Like what I mean is this is a guy that shortly before was all in on believe trans people. And here he is on the verge of getting into power stumbling over his words on an enemy broadcast on the day a lovely report was published? Like I dunno

People are genuinely afraid for their lives, and they see a guy close to power not even prepared to stand up for them, and that's scary. It's not hard to see why.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The way I see it, he had a chance to do the right thing. He didn't do the right thing. Streeting is a oval office, and my heart goes out to everyone affected by this Cass bullshit and this toxic culture war

NotJustANumber99 posted:

meh... whatever he did ok and I am not so worried.

.... is an opinion created through cis goggles. I think you should step out of this argument.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This is the same guy who thinks trans people can't be allowed on the normal wards for *reasons* I don't think he's "all in on believe trans people"

It was brought up in the context of this being a pattern of behaviour with him, and labour generally.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

HopperUK posted:

People are genuinely afraid for their lives, and they see a guy close to power not even prepared to stand up for them, and that's scary. It's not hard to see why.

Do you think the same for jewish people if jeremy corbyn were to get into power?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Do you think the same for jewish people if jeremy corbyn were to get into power?

gently caress you.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Maybe that was a bit sharp. But goddamn 99, I was going to post how I didn't think you were an rear end in a top hat but you were coming off maybe a bit oblivious, and then you throw that?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Are you possibly capable of not being a poo poo stirring prick for once in your life? Genuinely that's all you loving do here and I'm sick of it. I'm not sure if it's all you're capable of doing in your entire life or whether it's just here but we'd all be a lot happier if you would gently caress off and find some other way to entertain yourself.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

HopperUK posted:

gently caress you.

great debate

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Gimmick has just jumped the shark, loving behave yourself

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

HopperUK posted:

Maybe that was a bit sharp. But goddamn 99, I was going to post how I didn't think you were an rear end in a top hat but you were coming off maybe a bit oblivious, and then you throw that?

Why was corbyn seen as so bad? toxic media coverage

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I will geld Wes Streeting if I see him in public. Just spin and twist his bawbag right off of his manboy frame.

It's fine according to him, doesn't change his gender at all.

I think I would need to watch the free instructional DVD first though, to ensure that I don't get it wrong.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

You'd make a great GBNews interviewer. I genuinely mean that.

And it's the about the polar opposite of a compliment...

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

have you honestly watched the wes streeting video?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

NotJustANumber99 posted:

There are so many things wrong with this comparison that I am not even going to bother. I don't think you want a genuine conversation anyway, I think you just enjoy upsetting people on some level. Well, it worked, I'm upset. Nice one.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Did Corbyn ever say that Jewish people shouldn't be on the same ward as "normal" people, or that he regretted saying that they were considered English. Because this is the context of that.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Come on lad, can you really not see how someone soon to be in power signalling they don’t actually believe all trans people are the gender they say they are is bad and scary for trans people? Especially in the wake of the Cass report. It’s not even vaguely comparable to Corbyn and I think you’re fully aware of that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

NotJustANumber99 posted:

have you honestly watched the wes streeting video?

He's moved from "Trans men are men, trans women are women" to "it's complicated", which is the sound of him deciding that trans people are not their gender, which is outright transphobia. He is doing this to win votes from other transphobes. This is not complicated, and you acting like it is reflects incredibly badly on you too.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jakabite posted:

Come on lad, can you really not see how someone soon to be in power signalling they don’t actually believe all trans people are the gender they say they are is bad and scary for trans people? Especially in the wake of the Cass report. It’s not even vaguely comparable to Corbyn and I think you’re fully aware of that.

Have you watched the video?

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
99 I hope someone love dearly transitions and you have to live with the fear of what will happen to them and every moment you will think back to how flippant you are being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

He's moved from "Trans men are men, trans women are women" to "it's complicated", which is the sound of him deciding that trans people are not their gender, which is outright transphobia.

a glib simplistic summary of the video with no context as to wher it was given