Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm just waiting to hear from TMor at this point but he seems like very disengaged town.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Zoya's loud "MY FISH GOT STOLEN" was cover for her not using it and just doing the murder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Yeah I did and we talked out the Hal track in masonry. In my mind the murder on N2 was either Hal, Zoya, or Tmor, and there was still a chance Zoya didn't take the roulette. Plus you're still responsible for getting Zoya off the hook on D1 and didn't vote her D3, instead going for Tmor. Plus D2, sure you finally voted Beet, but that was after stalling it and you only hopped on once he was cooked. I still think you're scum.

Cube, who did you doc?

Tracking Hal still does feel odd logic to me but I'm not gonna fight it if it came from both of you. If nothing else, unless we had four scums and a vig, you two can't be paired, and masonheads thinking together does make sense to me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I'm basically at "Scum can not afford to withhold their kill" They've already gotten absolutely dunked, there's multiple confirmed townies out there and town keeps grabbing doc and roleblock powers. If it was a withhold, Binus is playing me badly, and whatever, fair game.

Take Cube and I’s word for it, if you can trade the kill for strong town cred, it’s worth the trade

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
In any case, Hal really went nowhere, confirmed by binus who saw him go nowhere, confirmed by me who saw binus and no one else go Hal. So neither Hal nor binus did attempt a kill. Which only makes sense if there was an attempt of a kill to begin with.

I feel like we're back on full Mafia territory and I like it, but I'm way worse at this than at tying up mechanics.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Sandwolf posted:

Take Cube and I’s word for it, if you can trade the kill for strong town cred, it’s worth the trade

For a minute, I considered no-doc'ing.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

CubicalSucrose posted:

Ah, the shwinne way of life.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CubicalSucrose posted:

To what end?

Also you docced Shell right?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Shellception posted:

Tracking Hal still does feel odd logic to me but I'm not gonna fight it if it came from both of you. If nothing else, unless we had four scums and a vig, you two can't be paired, and masonheads thinking together does make sense to me.

I haven’t really paid attention to mechanics, only scummy posts. Some scummy poo poo went down near eod1 and I thought Hal looked bad. Plastic can confirm that I was focused on Hal, sandwolf and zoya. I felt like I was starting to tunnel Hal I so decided to track him. I just had to be sure. Especially since plastic was going to block sandwolf.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

I haven’t really paid attention to mechanics, only scummy posts. Some scummy poo poo went down near eod1 and I thought Hal looked bad. Plastic can confirm that I was focused on Hal, sandwolf and zoya. I felt like I was starting to tunnel Hal I so decided to track him. I just had to be sure. Especially since plastic was going to block sandwolf.

Why would Hal claim the fish thief and out Zoya needlessly as scum with Zoya??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m p sure binus is last scum, p sure. Been a minute since I played with him but this is twigging my old binus’ sense.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t expect you to kill binus today but just remember this tomorrow. V frustrating to say a thing, die, folks immediately forget it, and then lose the game over it

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Like I said , I wasn’t paying attention to anything mechanics related.

But to answer your question, he wouldn’t. Which is why he isn’t scum.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Like I said , I wasn’t paying attention to anything mechanics related.

But to answer your question, he wouldn’t. Which is why he isn’t scum.

Right, which is why it’s weird you blew your track on Hal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t think I blew it.

Who would you have tracked?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t think I blew it.

Who would you have tracked?

You or TMor obviously

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Why wouldn’t you track Plas to confirm his action? You’re 100% on him too?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Sandwolf posted:

Why wouldn’t you track Plas to confirm his action? You’re 100% on him too?

Yes, he was my strongest town read which I why I masoned him

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

To what end?

Also you docced Shell right?

Suppose I no-doc'd and there wasn't a kill. We elim the roleblocked player and either catch scum or "confirm" that scum are withholding.

(Confirming that scum are withholding doesn't actually seem as useful as potentially stopping a kill, so I did doc, but the fact that "everyone is a pseudo-backup for every role" makes for some potentially interesting, non-standard plays.)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

There's a very small part of me that thinks like Zoya and who thinks she'd have indeed found really funny to bus both scum replacements (I don't mean binus, he came on later; I mean Tmor and beet) with all her

Zoya posted:

##vote tmor replacements are always scum

Zoya posted:

all replacements are scum until proven otherwise :hmmyes:

And yes, that's dumb, but I also thought this:

Zoya posted:

THIS is absolutely a scum post ##vote plastic

Would be really funny if it was literally and truly a scum post (Zoya's, not the Plastic one she's pointing at) and... welp, it was.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

And yeah I doc'd Shell last night.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

Yes, he was my strongest town read which I why I masoned him

You masoned Plas over someone you thought was confirmed town?

b-minus1 posted:

Their tracking result caught beet

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Shellception posted:

You masoned Plas over someone you thought was confirmed town?

Yep I really liked plastics interpretation of eod1, which I quoted in the thread. I also thought scum would kill cube

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Tired Moritz posted:

Yaaay, good job everyone.

dude what did you do

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Tmor, my man. Help us.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t expect you to kill binus today but just remember this tomorrow. V frustrating to say a thing, die, folks immediately forget it, and then lose the game over it

Binus was certainly at the top of my list coming into the day, and he had to know he’d have some heat on him today so I could see trading the track for the kill to try and get cred

Not sure he’s still the best vote since there appear to be other ways a kill could have been stopped

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I see the case on me and I don’t really know what to say back so before I’m deaded can we just try and figure out who will die the next night? I also would like to magdump literally all of my fishing history in case it’s beneficial to Shell and Cube before I die

Fish history dumping might be useful though I am not too sure at this point what'd benefit.

We do know there is an unclaimed D1Track or Zander, but the pool of unconfirmed unclaimed people there was Hal, Tmor, Zoya, Plastic, and there is already a flipped scum there which muddles logic quite a bit. We also know from Hal that Zoya didn't steal a Zander from him, so there is a chance she just fished up a Zander and shut up.

I'm kind of iffy on her fishing up a tracker because, well, beet did the kill that night, looking at her flip there is absolute zero chance she didn't want to just track whoever and claim, it was free.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Maybe asking TMor, Hal and Plas for their D1 fish would help. Though I am really skeptical of the same thing working twice, we might be able to piece up the Second Place winners' order and figure out if it matches or not, somehow?

Plas, Moritz, Hal, you mind claiming if you got a D1 prize (no need to say what it was, it's kinda irrelevant) and what fish did you earn it with? If you already did, mind doing it again? I'm not wanting to dig up all of that.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I got a pack of sosig for the Pike on D1. Nothin' helpful.

I have three possibilities for what happened.

A. Sandwolf tried to kill and I blocked him.
B. Tmor tried to kill Shell
C. Binus withheld and is playing the gently caress out of me.

From mason chat, I feel like this is town Binus. Tmor is unhelpful but he just feels like disengaged town TMor. So I'm kinda set in my ways here.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

I may be blinded but this tracks (I don't agree with it, but it tracks) and I'm struggling to hear Scum!binus here.

B-, if not Sandwolf, who today? Same question to Plastic in fact, since you guys seem to agree and townread each other.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I see the case on me and I don’t really know what to say back so before I’m deaded can we just try and figure out who will die the next night? I also would like to magdump literally all of my fishing history in case it’s beneficial to Shell and Cube before I die

Sandy, if not... you, or binus, today, who?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm pretty much set on Sandwolf but if I had to pick anyone else, Tmor. But at this point I'm only waiting on Tmor to post and say what the hell he did last night.

basically

Sandy -> Tmor -> Binus -> Hal in order of least to most likely.

Cube nailed scum to the wall and Shell helped pin down Zoya.

But like.

Sandwolf posted:

if y’all actually follow through with this lazy poo poo just kill binus tomorrow

I helped loving direct heat onto TMor/Hal/Zoya yesterday. Why would I keep the heat there when Zoya was scum. Binus spent the whole day casing Hal, who is extremely likely town now.

No. No he loving didn't. I made the first list, Shell built on it. Sand mostly stayed out of the line of fire and kept trying to redirect us to lunch Tmor.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Shellception posted:

I may be blinded but this tracks (I don't agree with it, but it tracks) and I'm struggling to hear Scum!binus here.

B-, if not Sandwolf, who today? Same question to Plastic in fact, since you guys seem to agree and townread each other.

If sandwolf flips town I will vote tm tomorrow

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

Sandy, if not... you, or binus, today, who?

TMor, who seems to be flagrantly disinterested in helping, even though this is good ol fashioned mafia not mechanics chat

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

PlasticAutomaton posted:

No. No he loving didn't. I made the first list, Shell built on it. Sand mostly stayed out of the line of fire and kept trying to redirect us to lunch Tmor.

Bro I spent all day talking about those three. If you want to say I didnt start it or add the gas Shell did, that’s fine and fair, but 99% of my posts yesterday are about them

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I do remember Sandwolf getting mad when he mistakenly thought someone suggested looking outside that group yesterday

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Going to go do fitness, will look at votes later tonight if someone hasn't done that already. D1 might be useful given Zoya's flip, though I was one of the ones who was more in favor of flipping Keats.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Sand - WHERE did you fish previous days and why? Also, what's your special thing?

TMor - What's your special thing?

Plastic - What's your special thing?

Shell, Binus (via Shwinn), Hal have all claimed that their special things are knowing fish probabilities.

My special thing hasn't been claimed yet.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got the Xander and got a jail that I didn't use

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

D1: Fishing Spot E
1 - Zander 2765g
2 —
3 - whitefish 1064g
4 - pike 15224g (kingfish) (won: vig)
5 - perch 107g
6 —

D2: Fishing B
1: Zander 490g
2: Pike 4311g
3: Whitefish 231g
4: Pike 1183g (won: track)
5–
6–

D3: Fishing E
1–
2: Whitefish 403g (won: masonizer)
3–
4– Moved to fishing spot A
5–
6: Zander 3226g

My “special thing” is I started with 4 items instead of 2 (I have Jaloviina, sausages, bait paste, and a jig)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Tired Moritz posted:

I got the Xander and got a jail that I didn't use

???