Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Airing the footage made the crowd chant for CM Punk lol

the tape will backfire but only because wrestling fans are loving stupid, look at how many people in the other thread think getting into a scrap isn't enough reason to get fired because all the other companies over the years have allowed worse poo poo backstage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I don’t watch the product anymore but they really must be in trouble if they’re giving Will Osprey promo time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

Showing the footage and having Ospreay say the other poo poo was kind of a mistake, not for obvious reasons but because now WWE knows they can just casually poke at AEW and cause an entire show to be derailed. This might be the first time I’ve seen an AEW show have only one match in a wholeass hour, they sacrificed so much airtime just to cope about poo poo. It’s a bad precedent and it might be legit the first time I’m kind of concerned about how easily shook TK is now

that's not true. AEW was able to use those things in service of their ongoing storylines. It wasn't out of nowhere. There is a link between all in and bucks and ftr. Will also just added it as like 4 lines during a really good promo.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don’t watch the product anymore but they really must be in trouble if they’re giving Will Osprey promo time

he's actually really good since coming to AEW. Like probably the best babyface promo in the company, no joke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Airing the footage made the crowd chant for CM Punk lol

i hope they were chanting it during the footage

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Parallax posted:

the tape will backfire but only because wrestling fans are loving stupid, look at how many people in the other thread think getting into a scrap isn't enough reason to get fired because all the other companies over the years have allowed worse poo poo backstage

No one's arguing that

There's nothing wrong morally or ethically with airing it but it's extremely bad vibes which has carried through to the rest of the show

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

those five minutes really ruined the vibes of my wrestling show, unlike triple h saying to everyone watching the WrestleMania preshow that some of the best wrestlers in the world are actually lazy assholes

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Was it even particularly good crash tv?

No. I’d say the segment was just regular good in the context of the feud though. The bucks promo and ftrs promo were both good.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

Showing the footage and having Ospreay say the other poo poo was kind of a mistake, not for obvious reasons but because now WWE knows they can just casually poke at AEW and cause an entire show to be derailed. This might be the first time I’ve seen an AEW show have only one match in a wholeass hour, they sacrificed so much airtime just to cope about poo poo. It’s a bad precedent and it might be legit the first time I’m kind of concerned about how easily shook TK is now

wwe spent the week of their biggest show of the year taking repeated shots at a company that presents no actual competitive threat to them

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
FTR instantly coming out and babyfacing against the idea of airing the footage and not moving on and Bucks babyfacing this causing them to lose to FTR to the point that when the Bucks come out and do a beat down they're greeted with CM Punk chants that werent an issue the last time they were in Chicago feels like a small backfire

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Thank you Tony for continuing to drive people crazy

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

those five minutes really ruined the vibes of my wrestling show, unlike triple h saying to everyone watching the WrestleMania preshow that some of the best wrestlers in the world are actually lazy assholes

If I wanted to watch people like HHH stay stupid poo poo I would watch the other company

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
even worse it was on the pat mcafee show so you'd have to hear more than one dumb rear end in a top hat talking poo poo about aew

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
So I turned Dynamite off after the Ospreay promo and did not realize the Bucks then became down in a beatdown angle on Pac that caused the crowd to loudly chant for CM Punk. This was all a mistake.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
What's with the camera zooms during promos tonight did AEW hire Kevin Dunn too

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Whelp the WCW 2000 label is permanently stuck in now, the only thing this accomplished is ensuring nobody will ever see this company as anything but a joke ever again so I guess I'll just hope they get in a few more good PPVs before it burns to ground cause at least they do that right

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

Yeah instead will should have rented a jeep and showed up at raw a few hours before it started then a decade later talk about he invaded raw with a tank

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

"WCW 2000" is trending right now on Social Media Disgrace Twitter, wonder how they'll spin this one

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

I don’t watch the product anymore

clearly

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Whelp the WCW 2000 label is permanently stuck in now, the only thing this accomplished is ensuring nobody will ever see this company as anything but a joke ever again so I guess I'll just hope they get in a few more good PPVs before it burns to ground cause at least they do that right

this is not true. at all

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

He is unironically one of the best promos in the biz and I’m a long time will hater

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Drakkel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlVRUkwYRI

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Wesley Willis Voice:

CM Punk whipped my loving rear end
He chokeholded me and hosed my rear end up
The Monitors fell on my rear end and were destroyed
CM Punk is straight edge for life

CM Punk
CM Punk
CM Punk
CM Punk

Rock All In London
Rock on Chicago
Wheaties, breakfast of champions

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 11, 2024

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

The company will be fine because they surely won't do anything this lame or dumb again. But god drat is this an annoying time to pour water on the momentum they've had since the C2

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

FTR instantly coming out and babyfacing against the idea of airing the footage and not moving on and Bucks babyfacing this causing them to lose to FTR to the point that when the Bucks come out and do a beat down they're greeted with CM Punk chants that werent an issue the last time they were in Chicago feels like a small backfire

What does any of this mean?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Man and Jack Perry is about to come back as a heel. Crowds are going to dog him with CM Punk chants for his entire heel run.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

Man and Jack Perry is about to come back as a heel. Crowds are going to dog him with CM Punk chants for his entire heel run.

*Entire career

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

Wesley Willis Voice:

CM Punk whipped my loving rear end
He chokeholded me and hosed my rear end up
The Monitors fell on my rear end and were destroyed
CM Punk is straight edge for life

CM Punk
CM Punk
CM Punk
CM Punk

Wheaties, breakfast of champions

lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

if I hear cm punk chants, it just lets me know that crowd is poo poo

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

My assumption that this would all end up being some level of embarrassing seems to be paying off.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

My assumption that this would all end up being some level of embarrassing seems to be paying off.

you predict that every week though!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I've seen some embarrassing things tonight

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Punk waiting for Jack to put both of his hands up to adjust his hair before he threw a punch was one of them

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jackie D posted:

But god drat is this an annoying time to pour water on the momentum they've had since the C2

the tag team tournament did that already

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Gonna be great waking up to the ratings discourse tomorrow

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Punk waiting for Jack to put both of his hands up to adjust his hair before he threw a punch was one of them

lol yeah i noticed that too

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fez_machine posted:

the tag team tournament did that already

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

:agreed: with everything except this isn't the first time I'm concerned how easily shook Tony is

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Drakkel posted:

Gonna be great waking up to the ratings discourse tomorrow

You don't have to wake up and read it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

NienNunb posted:

Schiavone's expression said it all https://twitter.com/BigCalsWorld/status/1778224711610052811