Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What the gently caress am I saying, they watch WWE, of course they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

The crowd chanted for CM Punk tonight so that tells you what that footage did for AEW

firing cm punk and having your crowd chant his name at your shows occasionally is historically a death knell for any company

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Was there a second time the crowd chanted for Punk or just a couple seconds at the end of the PACTR beatdown and then back to booing?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Quan their asses bro

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

THERE'S NO WAY YOU PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY THIS loving STUPID AND IGNORANT.

dude you reacting like this is just gonna encourage more low effort trolling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

WWE doesn't waste their actual tv shows ever talking about their competitors in any real way.

They devoted half a 3 hour show once to making fun of the NBA over a venue dispute

"They both can be dumb as hell" is a thought that isn't occurring nearly often enough in these situations

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

MJeff posted:

THERE'S NO WAY YOU PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY THIS loving STUPID AND IGNORANT.

You know I'm talking about the current era of WWE. And not Monday Night Wars era right, poo poo man I've probably been watching wrestling since before you were born.

Like it's easy to gently caress with you because you're a big loving homer but seriously gently caress off.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm confused by the idea that TV time is a precious commodity for either company. They have 5-7 hours a week of it for 52 weeks a year! AEW has more than 10 full days of TV time to fill for a year; one or two segments isn't even a drop in a bucket

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Happiness posted:

firing cm punk and having your crowd chant his name at your shows occasionally is historically a death knell for any company

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Le Saboteur posted:

WWE doesn't waste their actual tv shows ever talking about their competitors in any real way.

Both the events that caused this response occurred on The MMA Hour and The Pat McAfee Show.

if you’re going to stick around and post like this maybe airing the footage was bad

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

You know I'm talking about the current era of WWE. And not Monday Night Wars era right, poo poo man I've probably been watching wrestling since before you were born.

Like it's easy to gently caress with you because you're a big loving homer but seriously gently caress off.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Permission to rename this thread AEW Outworld

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I think my favorite thing to come from this is people perl clutching about how this is stupid because the bucks are heels and this will make them faces. Then the bucks work their magic and present the footage in a way that keeps them heels AND still makes punk look like a bitch and people complain that the bucks still being heels makes punk look good. Guys, I think the bucks will be able to handle a week or two of cm punk chants while they are on screen perfectly fine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're never going to live down playing that footage without watching it. they thought playing the tape would reveal that cm punk was lying, and they played it to prove that to the world. but they proved he was telling the truth. worst of all, it didn't tie into or set up any storylines. i'm going to repeat this for 3 days

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

give it time i'm sure wwe can introduce a character called tiny tony who cowers in the corner of every backstage brawl segment

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Permission to rename this thread AEW Outworld

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Parallax posted:

give it time i'm sure wwe can introduce a character called tiny tony who cowers in the corner of every backstage brawl segment

they've already been parodying him with robert stone

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Cavauro posted:

they're never going to live down playing that footage without watching it. they thought playing the tape would reveal that cm punk was lying, and they played it to prove that to the world. but they proved he was telling the truth. worst of all, it didn't tie into or set up any storylines. i'm going to repeat this for 3 days

Save me cavauro I'm tilted

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I can't loving stand watching WWE shows which is why I'm annoyed at Tony Khan for being so easily gotten to that he's devoting TV time on "I'm not mad don't put in the paper I'm mad" segments instead of fixing his wrestling companies very glaring problems.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

quaned for sardonically implying wwe went out of business... no...

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Le Saboteur posted:

Yeah I'm not surprised that eagerly swallowing down Vince's slop for 40 years has fried all of your brain cells, you credulous dumbfuck, that's the only way a sentence like "oh, well, WWE hasn't explicitly called out AEW on their first-run television, which somehow matters less than them constantly trying to attack it and undermine it in every way possible since it started!" could tumble out of your mouth and onto the page.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The show was good and the tape gave me the peace of mind to say that Jack Perry was always good with a clear conscience and virtuous heart.

And if you disagree, i think fallout started tonight perhaps you should watch it.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Drakkel posted:

I can't loving stand watching WWE shows which is why I'm annoyed at Tony Khan for being so easily gotten to that he's devoting TV time on "I'm not mad don't put in the paper I'm mad" segments instead of fixing his wrestling companies very glaring problems.

he forced a wrestler to grow a moustache and say that line on tv

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Drakkel posted:

The video was a minute long

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm going to whoop your fucken rear end

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Drakkel posted:

what are his companies glaring problems and what solution do you propose

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Ringo Roadagain posted:

The video was a minute long

almost as long as the random camera shot of a lighting rig at the start of the show

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Happiness posted:

almost as long as the random camera shot of a lighting rig at the start of the show

That’s called cinema

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

MJeff posted:

Yeah I'm not surprised that eagerly swallowing down Vince's slop for 40 years has fried all of your brain cells, you credulous dumbfuck, that's the only way a sentence like "oh, well, WWE hasn't explicitly called out AEW on their first-run television, which somehow matters less than them constantly trying to attack it and undermine it in every way possible since it started!" could tumble out of your mouth and onto the page.

I haven't seriously watched the WWE since like WrestleMania 30. I thought AEW would get me back into wrestling and for the first couple years it did but I fell off a little after I went to Forbidden Door 2 live. Hope that helps.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Le Saboteur posted:

I haven't seriously watched the WWE since like WrestleMania 30. I thought AEW would get me back into wrestling and for the first couple years it did but I fell off a little after I went to Forbidden Door 2 live. Hope that helps.

fingers crossed you fall off and stay off this time

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

So you don't actually know if WWE has devoted airtime to bagging on AEW?

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015

Lol at Tony Con

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

So you don't actually know if WWE has devoted airtime to bagging on AEW?

I guess I would say not that I'm aware of in any big way, it seems any time they've taken any marked shots at the competition has been during outside interviews.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Completely gotten to, totally shook, absolutely coping

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
https://x.com/ShawnSpears/status/1778233648262598915

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

well if Gavin Spears has an opinion surely I must change my own observations

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

*refreshing twitter* i bet big swole will post a gif that will really take tony down a peg any minute now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

Completely gotten to, totally shook, absolutely coping

we cope every wednesday and saturday with the rated r superstar