Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
A bunch of WWE employees went on shows owned by other WWE employees to talk about AEW, and they also use the airtime of their own pre-shows to talk about AEW, but they didn't do it between 8:02 and 8:04 on their main TV during the Dude Wipes Moment Sponsored By Dude Wipes, so this is meaningfully different, somehow. I am extremely intelligent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

A bunch of WWE employees went on shows owned by other WWE employees to talk about AEW, and they also use the airtime of their own pre-shows to talk about AEW, but they didn't do it between 8:02 and 8:04 on their main TV during the Dude Wipes Moment Sponsored By Dude Wipes, so this is meaningfully different, somehow. I am extremely intelligent.

It's really simple. HHH can call Will a little bitch for not signing with his company. It's totally cool. What is not cool and is very petty is responding to him and making him look dumb. Bragging about choking out a coworker? Normal, healthy. Showing what actually happened? Shook baby. It's always been part of the fight game that swinging back and hitting harder makes you look like a total loser.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

STING 64 posted:

we cope every wednesday and saturday with the rated r superstar

:hai:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's really simple. HHH can call Will a little bitch for not signing with his company. It's totally cool. What is not cool and is very petty is responding to him and making him look dumb. Bragging about choking out a coworker? Normal, healthy. Showing what actually happened? Shook baby. It's always been part of the fight game that swinging back and hitting harder makes you look like a total loser.

Okay, let's not go crazy here. I don't think anything resembling choking "out" happened.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the cm punk footage was an extremely dumb idea that does nobody any favors. nobody will care about it in a month. aew was never going to destroy and overtake wwe and if you thought it ever had even the remotest chance of doing that you're a mark. this makes cody rhodes a mark, as proven by wrestlemania 40. aew will continue to exist because its a nepobaby's pet project and there is no particular reason that it couldnt find some tv station willing to air it in perpetuity because it still gets pretty good ratings relative to most other TV these days, and it doesnt lose the amount of money 2000s WCW did and it has money backing it beyond the tv station it airs on, unlike WCW.

you are all freed of hope and despair. it is a wrestling show. sometimes its good, sometimes its dumb. there was never a utopia waiting for you, no matter how much you wish there was

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I mostly apologize on behalf of the MMA community that we let ariel helwani escape containment and now wrestling has to deal with him instigating this poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wtf is this av

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Endorph posted:

wtf is this av

Drain gang

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

av courtesy of aew utopia

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Endorph posted:

wtf is this av

i dont think that was anyone here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No, they're not wrestlers. Get into any arguments about modern lovely internet trap rap?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I didn't watch (because lol at watching AEW) but I can't believe the thing that everyone said was a bad idea turned out to be a bad idea. The only person who benefitted from this making TV was CM Punk and the only way he could have benefitted more was if the tape showed him getting Tony in mount and crushing him with a ground and pound for fifteen minutes.

Let me place something into context: I used to work in sports, spent a lot of time in and out of locker rooms. Once you reach a certain level of competition, where there's actual stakes to what people are playing for, there's almost always some kind of confrontation at least once a season. Sometimes it's pushing and shoving, sometimes someone grabs another person and they wrestle for a second, sometimes punches actually get thrown. It may be during practice, it may be in the locker room, once for me it happened on the bus back from a game right after we all stopped at a gas station at 2 in the morning. It lasts for maybe one to two seconds before everyone rushes in to break it up. The end result is laps for those involved, fines if those involved earn money, the coach gives one of those serious talks to the whole team afterwards, and everyone moves on. 99.9% of the time it doesn't go public because it ends up not being a big deal, and part of what makes it a big deal is that it happens somewhat regularly. I've seen it bring a team together, I've seen it finish a bad team off, I've been around teams where the tension is so thick people start wondering who's going to be the first one to start a fight. It's a thing that happens in locker rooms.

"This can't happen in a professional workspace" is what people say and I would agree. If you did this in an office or a worksite or a classroom you'd be disciplined and probably fired. But this isn't your normal workspace. Your job doesn't depend on you slamming into other people for several hours a day, either in practice or in the games themselves. You don't have to look over your shoulder for someone wanting to take your spot and your playing time and your position and your paycheck. When lives are at stake, conflict inevitably arises, the question is how do you deal with it when tensions finally reach a boiling point. A lot of it comes down to good leadership and as we've seen time and time again with Tony, even bad leadership is beyond him.

I know no one's going to read this and are instead going to tell me to shut up and go gently caress myself and eat a bullet or whatever, but that's the honest truth. Leak this footage to TMZ the day after firing Punk if you want to win an online PR slapfight, but this poo poo was embarassing and the only person who comes out looking good is the person this was supposed to embarass.

Also Shang Tsung is far better than Quan Chi, Quan hasn't won a single fight in MK while Shang Tsung nearly overook Earthrealm, plus Shang was the villain in the one good MK movie since we don't talk about Armageddon and the new one was mid at best and furthermore I

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I haven't read that post beyond the first line but I can authoritatively tell you it sucks rear end...hmm maybe your logic is sound

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I didn't watch (because lol at watching AEW) but I can't believe the thing that everyone said was a bad idea turned out to be a bad idea. The only person who benefitted from this making TV was CM Punk and the only way he could have benefitted more was if the tape showed him getting Tony in mount and crushing him with a ground and pound for fifteen minutes.

Let me place something into context: I used to work in sports, spent a lot of time in and out of locker rooms. Once you reach a certain level of competition, where there's actual stakes to what people are playing for, there's almost always some kind of confrontation at least once a season. Sometimes it's pushing and shoving, sometimes someone grabs another person and they wrestle for a second, sometimes punches actually get thrown. It may be during practice, it may be in the locker room, once for me it happened on the bus back from a game right after we all stopped at a gas station at 2 in the morning. It lasts for maybe one to two seconds before everyone rushes in to break it up. The end result is laps for those involved, fines if those involved earn money, the coach gives one of those serious talks to the whole team afterwards, and everyone moves on. 99.9% of the time it doesn't go public because it ends up not being a big deal, and part of what makes it a big deal is that it happens somewhat regularly. I've seen it bring a team together, I've seen it finish a bad team off, I've been around teams where the tension is so thick people start wondering who's going to be the first one to start a fight. It's a thing that happens in locker rooms.

"This can't happen in a professional workspace" is what people say and I would agree. If you did this in an office or a worksite or a classroom you'd be disciplined and probably fired. But this isn't your normal workspace. Your job doesn't depend on you slamming into other people for several hours a day, either in practice or in the games themselves. You don't have to look over your shoulder for someone wanting to take your spot and your playing time and your position and your paycheck. When lives are at stake, conflict inevitably arises, the question is how do you deal with it when tensions finally reach a boiling point. A lot of it comes down to good leadership and as we've seen time and time again with Tony, even bad leadership is beyond him.

I know no one's going to read this and are instead going to tell me to shut up and go gently caress myself and eat a bullet or whatever, but that's the honest truth. Leak this footage to TMZ the day after firing Punk if you want to win an online PR slapfight, but this poo poo was embarassing and the only person who comes out looking good is the person this was supposed to embarass.

Also Shang Tsung is far better than Quan Chi, Quan hasn't won a single fight in MK while Shang Tsung nearly overook Earthrealm, plus Shang was the villain in the one good MK movie since we don't talk about Armageddon and the new one was mid at best and furthermore I

i benefitted because it was funny

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

Quan this poo poo wtf

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i aint reading all of that dogshit part deux

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

C. Everett Koop posted:

When lives are at stake, conflict inevitably arises, the question is how do you deal with it when tensions finally reach a boiling point.

Trauma response 😢

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Roaming the lively streets of Berlin, Bladee has a clear mind. “I feel like you can think better when you walk,” he tells me over FaceTime. Behind him, motorbikes roar past, and a group of strangers drunkenly stumble by, all laughing about something in German. It seems like a peaceful evening in the city; there’s the comforting low hum of activity and anticipation that comes with the beginning of a Friday night — at least until the explosions start. Sounding off car alarms, the inexplicable detonations are deafening and confusing, until Bladee explains that they’re fireworks. “Here, do you want to see them?,” he asks, turning his phone towards the bright lights in the darkness. Through the five-inch screen of my iPhone, we both watch the sky fragment into colorful bursts of green and red.

There’s something uncanny about being on FaceTime with Bladee. The 25-year-old Swedish artist is notoriously enigmatic; his lyrics are abstract (“Eat the night, I feel like Kirby, I'm burning”), his visuals cryptic (just watch the music video for “For You”), and his social media presence is perplexingly arcane (he recently tweeted, “Chapter 1; A trash star in a trash world”). He’s refused to do virtually any press in the past; quite fittingly, it took multiple attempts for me to schedule this call with Bladee. But once we finally got on the phone, he began to open up. “I’m a private person,” he explains. “It’s hard because I really don’t like to talk about myself. I find it weird.”

Born Benjamin Reichwald, Bladee grew up in the Skanstull neighborhood in southern Stockholm; his mother was a school teacher and his father worked in restaurants. When he was 11 years old, he formed a punk band with his childhood friend and frequent collaborator ECCO2K. “We were just basically making noise,” Bladee remembers. “We didn’t know how to play music at all.” As he got older, Bladee distanced himself from the punk scene and turned to graffiti instead. It was around this time when he met producer whitearmor and rapper Thaiboy Digital through mutual friends. “We were just freestyling on [whitearmor’s] beats for fun,” Bladee says. “Some of us took it more serious than the others, so we went to the side and recorded.” After one long night of partying, Thaiboy and whitearmor brought forward the idea of forming a musical collective where they were “just going to sing in Auto-Tune.”

They changed their name various times: first they were Gravity Boys, then Gravity Boys Shield Gang, followed by Shield Gang. Now calling themselves Drain Gang, their style is singing depressive, often hedonistic lyrics over atmospheric production. They soon realized that another group in Stockholm — Yung Lean, Yung Sherman, and Yung Gud of Sad Boys — were creating similar music; after hearing Lean’s track “Greygoose,” Bladee and whitearmor reached out, resulting in Bladee’s feature for “Heal You // Bladerunner,” the penultimate track on Yung Lean’s 2013 mixtape Unknown Death 2002. It began a close working relationship between Sad Boys and Drain Gang, who, to the listening public, became intermeshed as the rest of the internet tried to make sense of the Scandanavian teenagers rhyming about their malaise in heavily Auto-Tuned accents.

i think this mf did it

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

didn’t read that post but i can’t believe the post written by the poster who posts bad turned out bad

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

C. Everett Koop posted:

I know no one's going to read this and are instead going to tell me to shut up and go gently caress myself and eat a bullet or whatever, b

the only correct thing in the post

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

No, they're not wrestlers. Get into any arguments about modern lovely internet trap rap?
the only soundcloud rap i listen to is hatsune miku

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran
Jungle Boy had a weapon hidden in his hair so Punk had no choice but to attack

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

Oh yeah?

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
https://youtu.be/-PVCiaQ-_mY?si=mlhz42ppAMQVEWEu

I think this counts as WWE programming

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

The guy couldn't follow the "don't fight your coworkers or you're fired at fault" clause and then tried to sound like a tough guy from it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also do those locker room fights go well when the fight starts with a sucker punch? Does everyone think they're super cool for it?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

I haven't seriously watched the WWE since like WrestleMania 30. I thought AEW would get me back into wrestling and for the first couple years it did but I fell off a little after I went to Forbidden Door 2 live. Hope that helps.

It wasn't FD2 that made you fall off, right? I'm curious because that was one of the best shows of 2023

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

Most Power Alex
Sep 2, 2023
Me entering the Hell thread right now.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

Also do those locker room fights go well when the fight starts with a sucker punch? Does everyone think they're super cool for it?

It usually ends with the person who threw the punch under a pile of about a dozen people.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Dango Bango posted:

It wasn't FD2 that made you fall off, right? I'm curious because that was one of the best shows of 2023

No it was the Dynamite I attended after Forbidden Door in Hamilton. Just realized I didn't actually care about what was going on and checked out on it after the Ishii/Moxley match.

Forbidden Door 2 absolutely had some excellent matches though, was a fun show.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

It usually ends with the person who threw the punch under a pile of about a dozen people.

Legit question, in that context of this is normal where do you put the fight when you remember that Punk, the guy who moaned about the biggest house AEW had being jeopardized by empty headed Hangman Page, went and did exactly the same thing with a sucker punch and a lovely guillotine?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if punk tried to put tony khan in a guillotine then hes truly a real leftist

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
yea ok would be so happy about the STARDOM partnership 😔

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cavauro posted:

i think this mf did it

The video?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
PSP is all right. I really like you guys.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MJeff posted:

OH MY loving GOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Parallax posted:

give it time i'm sure wwe can introduce a character called tiny tony who cowers in the corner of every backstage brawl segment

They did introduce a Tony proxy in nxt years ago he's gone now I think