Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Solid plus holder you got there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?

Mandoric posted:

It's 0℃. You're wearing a jacket, overshirt, shirt, and pants.

Remove one per 10℃ rise, add something per 10℃ drop.

You don't wear pants at 10C?

Sloppy Thirds
May 14, 2007
I know it's probably been done a few times in this thread(and on Reddit), but I've worked at Costco for 10 years now if anyone wants to ask anything. I really only know the morning merch(stocking) aspect of it, but I know a tiny bit of everything. I've stocked every single department and it's absolutely the most physically demanding retail job I've had.

I walk to Target and go to their Pizza Hut food court or to their Frozen section because having another hot dog or slice from Costco makes me want to vomit

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Randomly stumbled on this lol

https://youtu.be/JRzaiMH1ikI?si=WHdR9-FlSeDamSrl

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Anime is blood.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

raw dogging a soda cup like that in a costco is giving me anxiety

i hit up to 'co on a monday morning and it was jarring - all the seniors rumaging about like confused sharks. Awful experience.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cursed because

Slotducks posted:

raw dogging a soda cup like that in a costco is giving me anxiety gross

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If you don’t leave the lid off how do you dunk your dog in your Diet Pepsi

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just let it splash all over my dog when I hit a bump with the cart.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Anime is blood.

there's a pretty narrow band of people who grew up hating anime. Currently mid 30s to mid 40s. And to have a strong opinion on it, still? Almost always people who grew up with similarly (at the time) dorky hobbies :shrug: I've never had one person tell me they hate anime who wasn't also a dorky kid growing up, and almost exclusively dudes for some reason. Not hating at all, I'm a dork too. It's just a strangely specific generational trait that you never really see anywhere else

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hell yeah, close to needing new dishwashing liquid and then it shows up in the next coupon book! The costco giveth

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Taima posted:

there's a pretty narrow band of people who grew up hating anime. Currently mid 30s to mid 40s. And to have a strong opinion on it, still? Almost always people who grew up with similarly (at the time) dorky hobbies :shrug: I've never had one person tell me they hate anime who wasn't also a dorky kid growing up, and almost exclusively dudes for some reason. Not hating at all, I'm a dork too. It's just a strangely specific generational trait that you never really see anywhere else

It's exactly me and I will absolutely not apologize

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Taima posted:

Sometimes you learn to hate something not from the content, but the fans. Like I might have given Rick and Morty a chance if I didn't have "that guy" try to tell me about it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Sometimes you learn to hate something not from the content, but the fans. Like I might have given Rick and Morty a chance if I didn't have "that guy" try to tell me about it.

I agree with this.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Grand Fromage posted:

Even cars in the US have both on them so that seems unlikely, I don't have any personal experience though.

My 2011 German car only has mph. Sucks living like 30 minutes from the Canadian border

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Zero VGS posted:

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I just got a dog at Costco and noticed the receipt is charging 7% tax, $1.61 total. But Massachusetts meal tax is 6.25%. What's up with that?

If they're stealing a penny per hot dog that's $1.5 million each year.

edit: Ooh, they're stocking Clearly Canadian. I loved that poo poo 30 years ago. A dozen 11oz bottles for $19

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 10, 2024

041024_3
Apr 10, 2024
:rip: 4x4 folding table

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Costco checker charged my seltzers twice but missed my bag of rice. Things are looking up. The rice was like 7 bucks more.

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

I just got a dog at Costco and noticed the receipt is charging 7% tax, $1.61 total. But Massachusetts meal tax is 6.25%. What's up with that?
Cities/Counties often add their own taxes that could be bringing it up to 7%, would depend on exactly where in MA that store is located. Best to just ask that Costco about it though if you think it's in error.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

silicone thrills posted:

Costco checker charged my seltzers twice but missed my bag of rice. Things are looking up. The rice was like 7 bucks more.

That’s stealing, you should return to costco and report this error

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I would like to go to my Costco and get a hot dog but won't have a chance to until like two weeks from now. :smith:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The plus in the Quarter Pound+ all beef hot dog means you can return it.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

canyoneer posted:

The plus in the Quarter Pound+ all beef hot dog means you can return it.

I returned it in the bathroom if you know what I mean

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Sloppy Thirds posted:

I know it's probably been done a few times in this thread(and on Reddit), but I've worked at Costco for 10 years now if anyone wants to ask anything. I really only know the morning merch(stocking) aspect of it, but I know a tiny bit of everything. I've stocked every single department and it's absolutely the most physically demanding retail job I've had.

I walk to Target and go to their Pizza Hut food court or to their Frozen section because having another hot dog or slice from Costco makes me want to vomit

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen a customer do?

Edit: Oh hi other Sloppy :cool:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Sloppy Thirds posted:

doesn't your breakroom have a microwave and oven

grab some poo poo in your own drat frozen

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Sloppy Thirds posted:

What is your favorite and least favorite area to stock and why?

What area do you currently stock?

Are you being asked to move stuff more now than you were 5 years ago? My Costco is doing that and it's annoying.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Anyone know if delivery apps count as a restaurant for the 3% back on the costco citi visa?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

pencilhands posted:

Anyone know if delivery apps count as a restaurant for the 3% back on the costco citi visa?

Yeah the restaraunts that serve 1.50 hot dogs with 44 Oz of soda total

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Just ate half a bag of lemon bliss skinny dipped almonds

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

My wife tried the cookie today, and is feeling very sick to her stomach. She didn't expect it to be as rich as it was.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Sloppy Thirds posted:

After my brother passes away I will be moving to Washington State and REALLY want to get a job at Costco....

Advice?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Safety Dance posted:

My wife tried the cookie today, and is feeling very sick to her stomach. She didn't expect it to be as rich as it was.
Out of curiosity, what did she expect a 750-calorie cookie to be like?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Safety Dance posted:

How much of the cookie did she eat?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
That cookie has more calories in it than a whole meal for me.

I remember someone mentioned they thought pbfit powder was going away: i think they just changed the packaging. I saw it today and it was in a bag instead of a jar.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Safety Dance posted:

I wrote a whole essay here on how than one cookie hosed me up more than like half a Costco Pizza. I don't drink but I'd imagine it's like beers vs straight shots of.. uh Bailey's in this comparison.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

silicone thrills posted:

I remember someone mentioned they thought pbfit powder was going away: i think they just changed the packaging. I saw it today and it was in a bag instead of a jar.

yeah we snagged a bag of it (shittier packaging but at least it's still here) and didn't notice the dreaded asterisk of doom, I'm glad cause I love that poo poo. gonna probably bring it while bikepacking cause it's not bad rehydrated.

Sloppy Thirds
May 14, 2007

Sloppy posted:

What's the stupidest thing you've ever seen a customer do?

Edit: Oh hi other Sloppy :cool:

Honestly I work 6 hours stocking without any members, then 2 on. I haven't seen anything stupid really. The only thing I can think of is a woman pointing to a sign and, in a very heavy eastern european accent, asking why that was marked down. I explained the many reasons why it might have been, then she looked at me and said "Why are you telling me all this? Just look up the price". Not the best story someone who has been there 10 years should have, but I'm never really around the members

Alan Smithee posted:

doesn't your breakroom have a microwave and oven

grab some poo poo in your own drat frozen

I'd say like 90% of the poo poo you'd actually want to eat for lunch at a Costco freezer requires an actual oven, and even if it doesn't, it'd take too long to make on your 30 minute lunch. There are some things for sure, like the Costco chicken nuggets, that wouldn't take up the majority of your lunch time. I honestly like just getting out of the warehouse and doing literally anything else besides being there.

Jingleheimer posted:

What is your favorite and least favorite area to stock and why?

What area do you currently stock?

Are you being asked to move stuff more now than you were 5 years ago? My Costco is doing that and it's annoying.

Favorite: Candy

Least favorite: Deli 19

The favorite and least favorite is straight up just in terms of easiest/hardest. Candy is just so straight forward and easy to the point that I don't understand why they throw new people into foods rather than candy. D19 is so stupidly hard if you don't have a competent backup. You have to learn what every single box looks like, you have to be amazing at condensing boards, you have to be able to communicate with your driver about whether or not you'll be able to finish.. Yeah Deli 19 sucks.

I work the cooler and have been for 4 years now. It's tough. I have to be the decision maker on endcaps and mandartories, but I like that way more than having managers down my throat.

Honestly 5 years ago I was just a floater and had no idea what I was doing nor did I know what anyone else was doing. I just went to whatever section they had me down in

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

iT’s ToO rIcH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Deli 19 sounds like an Italian black ops site