Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

RBX posted:

Some tough guy New Yorker he is then

yes, tough guys can admit they were wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

punk getting gently caress and FIND tattooed on the knuckles he keeps introducing random coworkers to when they least expect it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

RBX posted:

His "bosses" tried to come in his locker room and grandstand and they hosed around and found out.

I'm sure he tried to sucker punch them too

I'm glad Larry the dog got super kicked and I'm tired of pretending otherwise, ugly rear end dog imo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when booker and batista had their fight wwe posted about it on their website and even went as far as to say booker kicked batista's rear end

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

If only Tony Khan had listened to Cody…none of this would have happened

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

its sad but true

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

STING 64 posted:

when booker and batista had their fight wwe posted about it on their website and even went as far as to say booker kicked batista's rear end

BATISTA IS DOWN

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

ugly rear end dog imo

Most objectively correct statement thus far

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imo all fights backstage are funny because everyone lies about what went down in the most insane ways and really thats just a part of wrestling full of carnies that are on some drug or just ego maniacal freaks. Comes with the territory and I think most people will agree that most backstage fights are good, like when Bret punched Vince, or Joey Styles punching JBL, Hulk Hogan getting popped in the eye by Savage.

Remember the story of Yoshitatsu beating Sheamus' rear end for being a sloppy pig messing up the kitchen and leaving it for him or the story of Sin Cara (II) getting into multiple fights backstage by whipping soda cans at people? Good Times.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will always remember the great stories of The Shooter Sin Cara

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
This is going to culminate in Tony elbow dropping a CM Punk effigy for 45 minutes straight on a Dynamite in August (to build an angle of course, they are here to tell stories) and I’m here for it

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Shard posted:

One day people are going to point to Tapegate as the night that made them quit aew much the same as the wwe blood money shows did for people.

This is basically where I'm at. I can handle cringey poo poo in wrestling, but having multiple weeks in a row of second hand embarrassment out of pity is too much.

I'm sure Ospreay vs. Danielson at the PPV will bring me back though, because they still put on good showson occassion.

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Tonight I learned in the hell thread that WWE can cast shots at AEW wrestlers for not wanting to grind, but then if the best wrestler in the world rebukes that notion then AEW is in the mud. This isn't the hell I was looking for.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Ospreay’s promo was great. Personally I don’t think HHH was talking about him. He described Monet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Ospreay’s promo was great. Personally I don’t think HHH was talking about him. He described Monet

sorry bud but it was absolutely about ospreay. wwe didnt want to pay what mone was asking for (which was Match becky's deal)

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Eat My Fuc posted:

100% disagree EMF. HGH is pissed he couldn't land any of the 3 of the hottest free agents in he world. He was talking about every AEW signing because he thinks they're all beneath him and the weird wwe family cult.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

RBX posted:

His "bosses" tried to come in his locker room and grandstand and they hosed around and found out.

I'm glad we chased out yea ok so we could bring in quality posters like this guy!

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

MJeff posted:

If the amount of stupid motherfuckers suddenly showing up in this thread is any indication, that was probably one of AEW's most watched quarters in a while.

MJeff posted:

Like this one. This dumb motherfucker. Possibly the dumbest motherfucker of all of the dumb motherfuckers.

MJeff posted:

THERE'S NO WAY YOU PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY THIS loving STUPID AND IGNORANT.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

fingers crossed you fall off and stay off this time

lol these posts are as gotten to as whoever decided airing that video was a good idea

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
lots of tension here today. did something happen? :smugmrgw:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I watched WCW to the dying day. I’ve seen every Kwee Wee match. I’m not flinching. I hope AEW keeps being hilarious and also having extremely good PLEs. Once Double J gets the book its over for Triple H, just a matter of time.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Fucker posted:

i'm getting reports that they booked the iwgp world heavyweight champion sanada to wrestle jack perry

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
heard the show sucked AGAIN?

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Eat My Fuc posted:

no fumble will ever be as big as tony not giving cody the book, the hubris, the fall, it's straight from mythological times

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Quantum of Phallus posted:

yeah that's RAW for ya

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
dunno about that OP, RAW drew (mcintytre) over 3million viewers.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
did something funny happen

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
aew died

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

FullMetalJackoff posted:

yeah that's RAW for ya

:emptyquote:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The whole thing just seems unnecessary to me. I'm all for referencing a wrestler's history (their LORE if you will), but I don't think much good comes of disparaging people in other promotions as part of a storyline. Most of the time it's just embarrassing, like The Huckster with Billionaire Ted or the Voodoo Kin Mafia offering to shoot fight DX. The meta drama can be funny, but usually it's obnoxious and brings out nothing but bad feelings amongst workers and fans alike. Not defending WWE here by any means, I just think AEW could have handled it much better, preferably by just not bothering with it.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

truly its over

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Skeezy posted:

Quan their asses bro

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not reading any of these posts, the footage was cringe.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

NienNunb posted:

Not reading any of these posts, the footage was cringe.

Agreed. I can't believe he posted "What do my knuckles say?" in a public livejournal

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fucker posted:

Chansey
Jan 18, 2024

Fucker posted:

lol these posts are as gotten to as whoever decided airing that video was a good idea

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Fucker posted:

what a relief to know you come here for reasons other than minimizing sex trafficking

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Waking up, I’ll catch up but I assume all the posts are OgogoMania due to his return.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Thoughts & prayers for Schiavone

https://twitter.com/imdariusaur/status/1778253155400376819

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Dear hell thread, i never believed this would happen to me, but aew cringed me right out of being a fan. Two weeks in a row of just the lamest poo poo you can imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
lol at 300 new posts overnight