Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm slowly playing the original FFVII on steam because I never played it as a kid. Got to tifa's bar then took a break but this is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Megan Man

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

What did the XKCD guy do now?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Played through FF7 remake through he reactor until it stopped me for not finishing the install and I had to go to bed for work.

I’m ashamed to say that I did not do very well at the tutorial level of this game although it was very fun and I enjoyed Barrett screaming about Mako in an elevator

I got fuckin' killed by the tutorial boss the first time through, lol. It's just an adjustment period, though, you get used to it really quickly.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Attack while its tail is up!

...it's gonna counterattack with its laser!!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I might go back and play on story mode baby difficulty but FF7R is the first game that made me feel truly old because I was so bad at it not because I couldn’t press the right buttons at the right times, but because I could not visually process what was happening on the screen fast enough to respond. That first boss fight is so visually busy.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I might go back and play on story mode baby difficulty but FF7R is the first game that made me feel truly old because I was so bad at it not because I couldn’t press the right buttons at the right times, but because I could not visually process what was happening on the screen fast enough to respond. That first boss fight is so visually busy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGPDq_5hNs8

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Anime Store Adventure posted:

It's not that you're old, it's that youre bad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Biggest distraction in FF7R is when the Airbuster theme hits

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Dandywalken posted:

I can think of two bigger distractions 🤣

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

the greatest music choice in the game is (near ending) the theme during the JENOVA boss fight being an orchestral arrangement that was serviceable and then there's a big drop of the synths kicking in

I've never been so hype before

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
turning on ff7r and preparing to turn into a cartoon wolf

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Played through FF7 remake through he reactor until it stopped me for not finishing the install and I had to go to bed for work.

I’m ashamed to say that I did not do very well at the tutorial level of this game although it was very fun and I enjoyed Barrett screaming about Mako in an elevator
Barret ranting about Mako and the Planet remains one of the best parts of the game, in the remake just as much as in the original. Hell, better in the remake, since his curse words aren't censored anymore.

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's not that you're old, it's that youre bad
Yeah, sorry but it's this. I'm old and I can still play the remake fine. On normal mode at least, hard might be too much for my current age.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I can think of two bigger distractions 🤣

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

a modder should retexture all the fail yellow paint signposting in rebirth with this

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My computer died so my journey in the unmoored world is at a standstill. 😭

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Wormskull posted:

My computer died so my journey in the unmoored world is at a standstill. 😭

just lost my ac adapter in an epic display of sparks and acrid smoke so I feel your pain.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the greatest music choice in the game is (near ending) the theme during the JENOVA boss fight being an orchestral arrangement that was serviceable and then there's a big drop of the synths kicking in

I've never been so hype before

that and ff16 are really good for getting me hype af during boss fights. soken went hog wild on the 16 soundtrack

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

im about to get to the gold saucer in ff7 rebirth. going to be epic.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought a 4060 with a new hard drive so hopefully when I come back to Dogma it will be better than ever. :pray:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

a modder should retexture all the fail yellow paint signposting in rebirth with this

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got Rebirth in the mail the other day so I'll be jamming that rear end this weekend. And no, Rebirth is not the name of a man.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Joey McChrist posted:

that and ff16 are really good for getting me hype af during boss fights. soken went hog wild on the 16 soundtrack

I did my usual FF thing of getting to just before the final boss and totally losing interest but I had gotten pretty worn down by the endgame glut of lovely side quests. One of these days I'm gonna NG+ it and just completely ignore all of those quests and mainline the story and see if it improves my opinion of the game because God drat the mid-game epic boss fight whipped rear end

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got Rebirth in the mail the other day so I'll be jamming that rear end this weekend. And no, Rebirth is not the name of a man.
Incredible news and we are very happy to hear it

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My condolences

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

*puts down name change form*

Well there goes my weekend.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Congrats to you and the mail.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Rebirth is a unisex name. Genderism remains rampant on the Something Awful Forums.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Pablo Nergigante posted:

congratulations whens the shower

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

star wars: dark forces: jedi knight: jedi academy keeps eyeing me from across the bar

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

make sure you don't leave your drink unattended

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

make sure you don't leave your drink unattended

👋 i didnt put anything in your drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Cranappleberry posted:

Rebirth is a unisex name. Genderism remains rampant on the Something Awful Forums.
A drat shame to see, good point.

Don't worry Pablo Nergigante, you are completely valid whether you meant jamming rear end as a metaphor for playing the game, as literally jamming rear end with another person, or both.