Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

Isn't omegaverse stuff the right-wing version of fursonas?

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the right wing version of fursonas is fursonas

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I think they just confused the whole Alpha male/Chad/Stacy incel thing with omegaverse. Though that does make me wonder if the fanfic writers ever adopted the Sigma.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This for most of the last page.

Viral Hit manhwa was pretty solid, good side gags once the channel gets going and the story was overall pretty decent, then it got to it’s obvious original planned ending point but was popular so now its just kind of recycling plots in uninteresting ways but upside is theres a long while till that starts.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..

Southern Cassowary posted:

lol

i just watched the first ep of viral hit and i think of all the stuff i've watched this season it's stuck in my brain the most, but idk if i'm going to stick with it

it's about an outcast kid who accidentally livestreams a fight with one of his tormentors and it gets millions of views, so they team up to start a youtube channel about fighting bullies. it's all grotesque facial expressions and shockingly grounded street fights. there's curb stomping, hair pulling, a guy swings a pot at another guy's head. viral hit is incredibly visceral in a way anime often isn't.

honestly i found it kind of miserable, i'm not sure i want to engage with this world at all, but it's definitely interesting. sort of curious what people thought about the manhwa.

The first episode matched it pretty well, everything was pretty much frame for frame. And yea its one of the more grounded ones. The author's other works involve korean school fighting as well, but throw in supernatural stuff like body swapping and ect. But this one is just regular. Its a bit interesting cause its like, yea the main character gets bullied. But he's not a good guy either. He's willing to take advantage of people he has a leg on as anyone else that torments him.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

GateOfD posted:

The first episode matched it pretty well, everything was pretty much frame for frame. And yea its one of the more grounded ones. The author's other works involve korean school fighting as well, but throw in supernatural stuff like body swapping and ect. But this one is just regular. Its a bit interesting cause its like, yea the main character gets bullied. But he's not a good guy either. He's willing to take advantage of people he has a leg on as anyone else that torments him.

yeah that's the info i need to be pretty certain this isn't my thing

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Nitrousoxide posted:

Isn't omegaverse stuff the right-wing version of fursonas?

I read this as a joke that's fully aware of what omegaverse actually is, playing on the whole alpha male shtick. But y'all got me wondering if I got whooshed by my own overthinking.

Wind Breaker e2 was good - not as good as the first ep but I'm looking forward to next week. Great to meet more of the characters from the OP - ear tassel dude is great fun already.

A Condition Called Love has a seriously worrying male lead in Hananoi-kun and I can't tell if they're just gonna uncritically accept his wack behaviors or if he's gonna have chances to grow, and if the second whether that'll happen before or after he's stepped over some serious lines. Bro seriously has a fucken shrine to his trial period girlfriend in his room, to say nothing of all the photos of his parents with the kids they're doctors-without-borders-ing cut out of them. and the whole pushing her down thing wasn't super comfortable to watch either. like, it's clear he's got some real traumas that underlie his obsessive behaviors and maladaptive view of love. That kind of character can be interesting but I don't want to watch a show with this bright and breezy simple shoujo romance tone where his behavior is allowed to go on unchallenged or even worse, when he crosses major lines horsey just accepts it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

honestly i found it kind of miserable, i'm not sure i want to engage with this world at all, but it's definitely interesting. sort of curious what people thought about the manhwa.
I like the manwha. It is really rough at the start but things get better for Hobin and most of the supporting cast is great.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Connection to Love ep2 done.
the boyfriend is a bit too perfect, if a bit too obsessive, but in line with shoujo i guess.

accidentally downloaded Salad ep2 in 480p, so had to redownload it in 720p. So far, its a blend of Devil is Part-timer and Hinamatsuri, which is totally fine with me.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

lol

i just watched the first ep of viral hit and i think of all the stuff i've watched this season it's stuck in my brain the most, but idk if i'm going to stick with it

it's about an outcast kid who accidentally livestreams a fight with one of his tormentors and it gets millions of views, so they team up to start a youtube channel about fighting bullies. it's all grotesque facial expressions and shockingly grounded street fights. there's curb stomping, hair pulling, a guy swings a pot at another guy's head. viral hit is incredibly visceral in a way anime often isn't.

Pretty much my exact reaction but I'm curious about the rooster mask guy in the OP so I might stick with it a little longer

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Omegaverse is mpreg for people who are addicted to worldbuilding

lmao

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
which fandom did omegaverse spring from the collective forehead from, again?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You can blame Supernatural.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

haypliss posted:

You can blame Supernatural.

i blame the 1967 chevy impala for most of my problems

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

well, we still have the rest of the season in case it really does happen

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

go go loser ranger is a fun show so far.

i love that people are still working these goobers into things 20 years later

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 12, 2024

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
is omegaverse where they believe in the yaoi hole?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I would have expected this kind of talk in the chat thread, not the seasonal thread

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

sb hermit posted:

I would have expected this kind of talk in the chat thread, not the seasonal thread

Wait, you expected this kind of chat? :raise:

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
here i was thinking it just looked a like a cute gay couple/romance anime

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

it can also be that, just ignore the internet

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zetsubou-san posted:

https://twitter.com/OnePieceDefend/status/1776995377117270266

Edit: from the latest One Piece episode.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Apr 12, 2024

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Spookydonut posted:

here i was thinking it just looked a like a cute gay couple/romance anime

it is also that. there's nothing in the show that wouldn't be the exact same if it wasn't omegaverse and they were gay, and/or the househusband was trans. it's not even a metaphor. absolutely nothing about the premise of omegaverse is leveraged. this is on top of it just being boring

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Zetsubou-san posted:

i was hoping these were the 3 venezuelan guys that join the oinky doink baseball team in akiba maid war

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Wait, you expected this kind of chat? :raise:

the chat thread goes places

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GateOfD posted:

Mysterious Disappearances ep1

lol @ the OP. Wonder if all the cursed objects are gonna be book themed, since the main characters work in a bookstore, or if it will be a bunch of different stuff. Reminds me that I should probably jump back on Dark Gathering

If you don't mind some of this being spoiled, the simple answer is: No

Bartender ep 2: This is the second series that I've seen the bullshot in which is kinda funny, but it is a very novel drink in that it's both a savory drink and one that can be served warm so I can see why a writer would pick up on it as something to include and show off. I think the recipes I've seen of it are served cold though, like a Bloody Mary.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Astro Note ep2 finished
Hoping for a bit more interaction with the other tenants, the whole alien plot thing is just whatever.
Guess its no secret what the series is getting inspiration from.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Highspeed Etoille episode 2 is somehow even worse. Even ignoring the continuing problems from the first (graphics, voices, focus), now our MC has been introduced... and her being a driver is utter nonsense. Like, I'm glad it's not real because I'd be utterly terrified for the other drivers if the MC was actually a real racer. She literally has to be told in the middle of a race what this blinking yellow warning is (it's a yellow flag) and that she can't pass during it. And ends up DQ'd while in last place due to doing something incredibly reckless because she can't even figure out that, if she's in last place, and there are cars behind her, they probably aren't in negative last place (she got lapped). "Behold my brilliant idea - we put someone with literally no clue of the rules, or apparently training, into a race where the cars are going 300+ MPH. Brilliant, this couldn't possibly go wrong or get my team sued into the stone age!"

On the other hand, there actually HAS been an accompanying game announced!

...It's a block puzzle matching game. :cripes:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Lol that’s probably like the most low effort gacha you can do nowadays.
Probably barely has a story mode.

I saw Blue Archive has an anime this season which is a mobile game

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Somehow, the available summaries of the Blue Archive anime reveal even less about the basic plot and setting than anything I've managed to find about the game has.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Blue Archive doesn't really have a premise beyond what you see. There are schoolgirls with angel halos, they have guns, they get into vaguely school themed hijinks that makes something like Kill La Kill look grounded.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

There IS a solid main story line, and the early volumes and the characters within will tie into it, but you won't be seeing that this season and the first two volumes are somewhat weak on their own. Similar issue with FGO, where it started kind of weak and then picked up speed (which is one reason why BA has exploded in popularity so much) - though I would still rate the early stories as far better then the FGO equivalents.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the blue archive main plot and premise aren't really explained or shown clearly at the start, or in what the anime will cover, so theres not really that much to explain.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

while i'm still appreciating Girls Band Cry it feels like it's laying on the tears and emotion harder and quicker than MyGO was, or even the first ep of Jellyfish. hoping it lets up a bit on that to let stuff simmer more

big lol at the lamp fight tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

even girls band cry's comedy is way more in your face than mygo or jellyfish, with the wacky animated hijinks. like thats just its tone i feel like, its very blunt and direct and gets to what its going for right away, it doesnt feel interested in dragging things out much. thats fine imo, its just what its going for

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Endorph posted:

even girls band cry's comedy is way more in your face than mygo or jellyfish, with the wacky animated hijinks. like thats just its tone i feel like, its very blunt and direct and gets to what its going for right away, it doesnt feel interested in dragging things out much. thats fine imo, its just what its going for

while i can agree to that, at the same time i think it being so blunt and direct brings a bit of tonal whiplash to it that i can't really brush aside since it feels so jarring when those hijinks happen. like even the one i laughed at was bookended on either side by Iseri bawling her eyes out. i'm not gonna say that alternation can't work but i think it could work better than it did this episode

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i think i will inadvertently be doing a lot of comparing GBC to Jellyfish this season even if they're two very different styles. it will be my albatross

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

GateOfD posted:

Connection to Love ep2 done.
the boyfriend is a bit too perfect, if a bit too obsessive, but in line with shoujo i guess.

accidentally downloaded Salad ep2 in 480p, so had to redownload it in 720p. So far, its a blend of Devil is Part-timer and Hinamatsuri, which is totally fine with me.

He’s a yandere

Also like textbook bpd

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
dropping Oi Tonbo on ep2, not interested, seems to be less on golf and on whatever past the girl has.

starting Kaiji No.8. it has some bgm beats that gives it some personality.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Apr 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Huh. Lots of negative feelings towards A Condition Called Love. I've read the manga and I don't think it's much of a spoiler to say his negative actions do get addressed and corrected, slowly but surely. Even the last episode's ending isn't all THAT terrible (although consent would've been a hell of a lot better, it's anime) when the next episode airs and you realize he's not going to do anything, just kiss her on the forehead, I think? It's been awhile since I read it. He gets mad at the friend who suggested kissing.

Kaiju No. 8 was actually... good? I didn't expect much from a Twitter anime with OneRepublic, but woah. Gotta check out the manga.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 13, 2024