Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It is too bad the reporter who knew about SG-1 also had information that would lead to the arrest of Hilary Clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It is too bad the reporter who knew about SG-1 also had information that would lead to the arrest of Hilary Clinton

I can't remember, how does that plotline end?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am assuming at this moment that one of senator rear end in a top hat's staffers is both the source of the leak, and the murderer of that journalist once the reporter started talking to SG-1 because he was afraid of getting caught.

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that
I just rewatched Under the Surface for the first time in maybe 20 years and am only now realizing it's completely a riff on Metropolis

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Owl at Home posted:

I just rewatched Under the Surface for the first time in maybe 20 years and am only now realizing it's completely a riff on Metropolis

Thera has plans

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Owl at Home posted:

"You're destroying a way of life!!"

"That's a shame"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What fate Omoroca?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Teal'c escapes! He's going to turn into a bug! This one cool sunglasses kid is gonna help him... Wait a second... She's a girl? I am surprised! It is 1998 and I thought only a boy could wear sunglasses and a baseball cap. Teal'c requires a candy bar. Good news, this kid had the biggest loving candy bar I have ever seen in my life

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it’s like a forty centimetre candy bar

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

The Charlestown Chew! Not the best candy bar, but it's size made up for it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I had to stop halfway through that episode because my wife is a bit tired of me watching two episodes of SG-1 a night so we watched Girls 5-eva instead. Not as good as SG-1 but some good chuckles were to be had.

But looking forward to finishing this episode. My prediction: kid helps Teal'c hide from Maybourne and his goons with the help of the multiethnic hangout group from before, the sugar in the candy bars is disruptive to the bug larvae and SG-1 uses this to make a cure. Teal'c returns to this alleyway a healthy Jaffa to promise the kids and teens that they will be under his protection.

What city is this supposed to be anyways, Boulder?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I love him explaining how he got his prime sigil in that episode.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I had to stop halfway through that episode because my wife is a bit tired of me watching two episodes of SG-1 a night so we watched Girls 5-eva instead. Not as good as SG-1 but some good chuckles were to be had.

But looking forward to finishing this episode. My prediction: kid helps Teal'c hide from Maybourne and his goons with the help of the multiethnic hangout group from before, the sugar in the candy bars is disruptive to the bug larvae and SG-1 uses this to make a cure. Teal'c returns to this alleyway a healthy Jaffa to promise the kids and teens that they will be under his protection.

What city is this supposed to be anyways, Boulder?

Colorado Springs

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

redshirt posted:

Colorado Springs

Honestly British Columbia is a decent substitute for Washington State or Colorado, easy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Also it just occurred to me this morning obviously Maybourne is the source of the leak to the press.

MAYBOURNE! YOU PIECE OF SHIIIIIT!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Maybourne you're an idiot every day of the week, why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fuckin Cadet Hailey. Girl, you're on alien world (Moon!) and you're beefing with your superiors??

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

watching the movie again and lol at Jackson awkwardly drawing the point of origin symbol while muttering "Surrounded by two.. uh.. Neat lil guys..."

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

COMTRAYA!!!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Zat noises

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

redshirt posted:

Fuckin Cadet Hailey. Girl, you're on alien world (Moon!) and you're beefing with your superiors??

Every scientist in SG1 is either;

- Thinks they're literally the smartest person ever, but too dumb to carry even a loving Zat
- A massive crybaby and/or fucks up all the time (FELGER!!)
- A certified Sun Exploder (required qualifications: at least 5 dead/dumped boyfriends)

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Maybourne?!

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Teal'c escapes! He's going to turn into a bug! This one cool sunglasses kid is gonna help him... Wait a second... She's a girl? I am surprised! It is 1998 and I thought only a boy could wear sunglasses and a baseball cap. Teal'c requires a candy bar. Good news, this kid had the biggest loving candy bar I have ever seen in my life

Mr. Big is a Canadian staple, and was indeed enormous back in the 80s and 90s...not sure if it's been shrinkflated these days.

Chocolate, caramel, wafers, peanuts.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Aoi posted:

Mr. Big is a Canadian staple, and was indeed enormous back in the 80s and 90s...not sure if it's been shrinkflated these days.

Chocolate, caramel, wafers, peanuts.

the bar only extends about 75% the length of the wrapper now, I bought one from a vending machine and was not impressed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I AM COLONEL SMITH AND I AM NOT HERE TO DISCUSS OUR MISSION, IS THAT CLEAR?

WE ARE HERE TO SECURE THE AREA AROUND THE STARGATE AND AWAIT FURTHER ORDERS, IS THAT CLEAR????

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Always felt like Maybourne was written to be played by Wings Hauser but Tom McBeath did a hell of a job regardless.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SG1 is the kind of show that makes Maybourne a hero, regardless, that one time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Got to T'okra part one and they had a completely new opening credits sequence that sucked. The entire sequence was just a panning shot of Stargate runes. No O'Neill looking mysteriously through the gate, no Samantha Carter looking up at the camera with beautiful eyes and a sheepish grin, no General Hammond emphatically pointing at a star chart. I was a little mad!

Now I'm at T'okra part 2 and they are back to the original credits thank God

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Got to T'okra part one and they had a completely new opening credits sequence that sucked. The entire sequence was just a panning shot of Stargate runes. No O'Neill looking mysteriously through the gate, no Samantha Carter looking up at the camera with beautiful eyes and a sheepish grin, no General Hammond emphatically pointing at a star chart. I was a little mad!

Now I'm at T'okra part 2 and they are back to the original credits thank God

lol they realize their mistake and bring it back.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I actually prefer the opening sequence with the Ra death mask. The montage version is too 90's for me. :sweatdrop:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I prefer the "I'm Daniel Jackson and I've negotiated better salary credits.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Lol one of my favorite parts of the episode "200" is the "Wormhole X-Treme!" actor absolutely making GBS threads on Shanks.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love that basically anytime Amanda Tapping is on screen the background instrumental music switches to violins and essentially a "love theme" version of whatever music it was already playing. It's transparent but effective

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Question: I watched a clip compilation of funny Teal'c moments the other day, mostly from episode I've already seen, but the quality was way better than I'm getting from Amazon.

I figure this show switches to HD some time around 2006 or so, but the season 1 and 2 clips I was looking at looks at least 720p, and the version I'm watching on Amazon looks almost like a VHS. Were these filmed in HD with better transfers somewhere?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Teal'c digs Jack out of his familial obligations...

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
spinoff show with retired o'neill and teal'c sharing an apartment in miami

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

God the native American episode, did they get the consultant from Voyager for that one?

I did like Tonane as a dude, he was chill as gently caress

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

crispix posted:

spinoff show with retired o'neill and teal'c sharing an apartment in miami

*O'Neill jumps in the passenger seat, and Teal'c into the driver's seat of the Ferrari.

Teal'c: Hit it?
O'Neill (Retired):.... hit it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

redshirt posted:

Although we've already heard James Earl Jones as a Goa'uld, and I don't think even Avery Brooks could top that voice.

wait i don't remember this