Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

jerk1000 posted:

Don't they already have that? The EVP storyline is so goddamned compelling -- who are these sinister men in management and what are they trying to achieve? Why even watch something like "Hannibal" or "The Sopranos" when you have actors like this putting on master classes with their amazing promos?

you are getting confused. wwe is the cinema promotion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

RBX posted:

I forgot they used to tweet that Obama slander with Jericho
A good democrat would punch anyone dressed as Obama for halloween because that is disrespectful to Obama by saying he is a scary man.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Mercedes Mone has been a huge flop. Her extremely rehearsed promos and interviews are very bad and stick out like a sore thumb on a show that otherwise presents a realistic, sports-based wrestling product. If she can't wrestle, she shouldn't be getting promo time. Cut bait, and soon.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
turn her heel and have her kill the top babyface

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

turn her heel and have her kill the top babyface

it's so easy

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
She should never be a face and she should cut as few promos as possible, it’s that easy. Instead she’s talking every week :nono:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i said it in the main thread but its very easy, mone vs riho at dynasty.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I agree but I also have faith that she'll get there and as soon as she's killing big faces and having cool matches all will be forgiven.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

i said it in the main thread but its very easy, mone vs riho at dynasty.

:hai: x1000

Riho attacked Mercedes with the pipe :tinfoil:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

pipe had all the agency, riho was just there to do pipe's bidding

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i am starting to wonder if mercedes isn't actually cleared and that's why she hasn't wrestled at all

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

apophenium posted:

Mercedes Mone has been a huge flop. Her extremely rehearsed promos and interviews are very bad and stick out like a sore thumb on a show that otherwise presents a realistic, sports-based wrestling product. If she can't wrestle, she shouldn't be getting promo time. Cut bait, and soon.

She’s a big star and they’re building to her having a big match.

Her promos are terrible though yeah.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

a dumb moron posted:

She’s a big star

People keep saying this but there’s been zero evidence beyond a debut bump.

Where are the millions strong army of twitter stans and Mandalorian fans who were going to be tuning in every week for a brief glimpse of her?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I agree but I also have faith that she'll get there and as soon as she's killing big faces and having cool matches all will be forgiven.

I feel like this has happened before multiple times. Like the debut happens, they don't wrestle for a while and then they do start wrestling and it's good.

I don't know why Tony does this where the moment he gets someone they don't start wrestling more often. He's doing better with Okada and Osprey though.

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Moné is this insistence on her prescence or star power that isn't so self evident as she's being completely lapped in promos by Billy Backflips. I don't like the big pedestal treatment for stars - Punk was exceptional but even in the earliest honeymoon period it was boring to hear Cult of Personality loop 3 times at the start of every episode.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i am starting to wonder if mercedes isn't actually cleared and that's why she hasn't wrestled at all

her being announced for DON and skipping dynasty make me think this is the most likely scenario. they decided to sign her long before she was cleared and at some point figured were already paying her so lets at least put her on tv, even if its not to wrestle

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
i dont care what she's doing b ut she needs to hit someone over the head with a chair to get over with me

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh
I think the issue is a vast majority of what Mercedes learned was in the FCW / WWE world because she wasn’t on the Boston indies long enough to absorb things and unlearned them so now she has to shake all that off and it will probably take awhile, if at all.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Also, for what it's worth, Mercedes Mone (get it? it's like money but with an accent mark) is a worse name than Sasha Banks, which is saying something

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I am also wondering that, but also just. Don't debut her until she's ready, in that case? I dunno.

I don't think it is, I think she's wrestling at Dynasty.

History Comes Inside! posted:

People keep saying this but there’s been zero evidence beyond a debut bump.

Where are the millions strong army of twitter stans and Mandalorian fans who were going to be tuning in every week for a brief glimpse of her?

There's a long record of her being a TV draw.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

MJeff posted:

Hasn't really carried over into AEW. Though that could come down to how her debut was booked. Could it have done a bigger TV number if she had been announced beforehand? Who's to say.

I don't actually want AEW to dump her I just don't want to see her unless she's wrestling. The promos she's done since her debut have all been excuses for me to grab a snack from the kitchen

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

MJeff posted:

I am also wondering that, but also just. Don't debut her until she's ready, in that case? I dunno.

They wanted her to get a hometown pop

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

a dumb moron posted:

They wanted her to get a hometown pop

I mean, was that the only date they could get at the TD Garden between now and Memorial Day weekend? Not like it's gonna be in much demand after the Bruins' annual first round flameout.

apophenium posted:

Hasn't really carried over into AEW. Though that could come down to how her debut was booked. Could it have done a bigger TV number if she had been announced beforehand? Who's to say.

I don't actually want AEW to dump her I just don't want to see her unless she's wrestling. The promos she's done since her debut have all been excuses for me to grab a snack from the kitchen

AEW hasn't used her to her strengths so far and they need to get her in the ring, I don't think anybody would dispute that.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

agreed. She needs to start wrestling. I watch the dang show to see people wrestle.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Shard posted:

agreed. She needs to start wrestling. I watch the dang show to see people wrestle.

:hai:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

At least with Jade in WWE we know she can’t wrestle that good, Tony’s doing a Jade booking thing but worse because Mercedes can’t promote and never could no serious fan of hers would claim she could.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

jade is a good wrestler

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

you can lie about everyone else being bad but NOT jade and NOT infront of me

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jade is a good stander.

She is not a good wrestler or talker.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

The coolest thing Jade ever did was walk up the stairs with her opponent in an overhead press

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jade rules

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jade is everything you want in a wrestler. Freak body, big moves, empty head

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I love Jade, she’s no great wrestler but neither was Diesel who I also love and she reminds me of. I think they used her correctly in WWE so far.

Monet is being put out there to die but I do enjoy her selling, between that and the kiss Tony Khan seems to be hitting puberty right now

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

jade could be something bigger but she didn't have the grind in her. she'll forever be plateaued at the incorrect training aew gave her

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Jade chat reminds me that I miss Smart Mark Sterling. Has he been banished to the internet promotion?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

Yeah so where are all the people who are drawn to watching her on tv because they sure don’t seem to be watching AEW right now

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

They're me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Are we sure she isn't still injured and waiting til DoN for that reason