Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's the one thing they know about belgium

Goons are allowed One Fact per topic.
Do you know, when aragorn kicks the helmet and yells in the second lord of the rings movie,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

...he didn't know about second breakfast?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's the one thing they know about belgium

It's the only thing anyone should ever know about Belgium

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aphrodite posted:

The Naked Gun movies are good enough I'm willing to spot OJ 2 murders. One more would have been crossing a line though.

I've got horrible news... they made a third naked gun movie

Azathoth Prime
Feb 20, 2004

Free 2nd day shipping on all eldritch horrors.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've got horrible news... they made a third naked gun movie

The only thing we need less than another Naked Gun movie is a Naked Goon movie.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

Did they ask the Dutch about their opinion of the time they ate their prime minister when their empire collapsed?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

(Intensely) Gesundheit

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

It's the only thing anyone should ever know about Belgium

One type of French-speaking Belgians are called walloons, which is a thing I remember because it's a funny looking word

walloon

walloon

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Plastic Bertrand was known for his Waloony Tunes.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Phy posted:

One type of French-speaking Belgians are called walloons, which is a thing I remember because it's a funny looking word

walloon

walloon

Looks like the onomatopoeia of a super fast future car.

WaaaaAAAALLOOoooooooooooonnnnn

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Phy posted:

walloon

walloon

It's spelled voilàons.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Phy posted:

walloon

walloon

it's a platoon of Walloon dragoons with balloons and spontoons on pontoons in the monsoon.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Tree Bucket posted:

it's a platoon of Walloon dragoons with balloons and spontoons on pontoons in the monsoon.

Too soon.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Belgium is one of those places that I am aware of but have never met anyone from and wouldn't surprise me if it just turns out to be fictional, like Delaware.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Tree Bucket posted:

*swoon*

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tree Bucket posted:

Thanks, goon!

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Tree Bucket posted:

I got moon moon.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Belgium is one of those places that I am aware of but have never met anyone from and wouldn't surprise me if it just turns out to be fictional, like Delaware.

probably has a similar population too

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Emily Spinach posted:

I got moon moon.

Moon god??

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I thought Belgium was where french people claimed to be from when they don't want to admit to being from France. Like Canada is for the US.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

It says a lot about Belgium when the two most famous people who came from it are both fictional.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I know Marie from Verviers. Hi, Marie!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Samovar posted:

It says a lot about Belgium when the two most famous people who came from it are both fictional.

finding a copy of Tintin in the Congo in my high school library was an experience

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dameius posted:

Moon god??

Mod goon.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tree Bucket posted:

lol at the guy sad that he popped his balloon with his own spontoon

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

Goons are allowed One Fact per topic.
Do you know, when aragorn kicks the helmet and yells in the second lord of the rings movie,

No. I love myself so I haven't seen it.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Phlegmish posted:

lol at the guy sad that he popped his balloon with his own spontoon

A shameful dragoon.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

That's actually been a long-time meme as well, like with uh Bielefeld or Finland.

Paladinus posted:

They are all Flemish separatists.

Since most of them are right-wing these days Congo isn't a particular topic among them. Even worse, the far right actually cherishes that part of history even though today's D.R. Congo is a francophone country. Nationalism is always self-contradictory.

Like Phlegmish said, putting Belgium on blast for its horrible colonial past is fine. Do remember though that you're continuing an essentially British tradition started in the late 19th century, and I'm sure you can all see the irony there. All empires were absolutely brutal and kind of genocidal to an extent. This is like somehow it's always the US who has to answer for crimes against native Americans while Canada is usually not mentioned.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pope Hilarius II posted:

That's actually been a long-time meme as well, like with uh Bielefeld or Finland.

I have a friend who lives in Bielefeld and I've visited her there. She told me about the local meme and I promised to not try lifting the pavement to see if it was real.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Samovar posted:

hosed up that this is how I learned that JCVD isn't real.

fullerene
Apr 29, 2022

Jedit posted:

I have a friend who lives in Bielefeld

isn't that the bad guy from James Bond

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Pookah posted:

My dad had a friend who hunted a bit, so he was always giving us free venison - all kinds of cuts, including ones tender enough for roasting. Unfortunately friend turned out to be a pathological liar and all-round weirdo, so no more venison :(

Tunicate posted:

Pookah posted:

My dad had a friend who hunted a bit, so he was always giving us free venison - all kinds of cuts, including ones tender enough for roasting. Unfortunately friend turned out to be a pathological liar and all-round weirdo, so no more "venison" :(

Pookah posted:

oh noooo

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Belgium's got Bruges. It's a fairytale town.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

ultrafilter posted:

Belgium's got Bruges. It's a fairytale town.

Bruges is a lovely place to lie about, get drunk, and eat fries.

The rest of Belgium has little to recommend it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
They got good beer tho

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

Agreed. Under no circumstance tell the truth about Bruges. :cheers:

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

The rest of Belgium has little to recommend it.

Brugge is one giant tourist trap, but you do you

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If I were born on a farm, and retarded, Bruges would impress me, but I'm not so it doesn't.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alaois posted:

If I were born on a farm, and retarded, Bruges would impress me, but I'm not so it doesn't.

So you weren't born on a farm, got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Shame Boy posted:

why does that computer have fat rolls

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

it's got a yo motherboard