Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

sebzilla posted:

I get this reference and it gives me the fuzzy parent vibes, thanks

Well I don't!

smellmycheese posted:

Sorry. I thought people knew the watermelon was a pro Palestine thing. People have been using it in their Twitter names and bios for a while now. Not that that means there is any truth to the ludicrous accusation about that TV Show

dw the lack of context made sure it came off exactly as deranged as it should do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Also congrats to our new OverLord, we are not worthy.

no lol your posts are some of the best and most interesting here :)

it was posted about that, yeah, but it does deserve further :raise:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

forkboy84 posted:

Come on side effect of SSRI meds for depression & anxiety is an increased risk of suicidal thoughts, especially in the first 4-8 weeks on them. Combine that with another common side effect, erectile dysfunction, & starting SSRIs can be a pretty bad time.

I do sometimes wonder if they don't just intentionally make medicine with ironic side effects.

i took em for anxiety and they sucked for me personally

discomfort, seizure risk

fortunately i appear to be in the basket of like 20% of anxiety sufferers where l-theanine, the magical chemical in green tea, is... magical. some brilliant japanese feller figured out how to isolate it some decades ago. Normal people and 80% of anxiety sufferers? It's pleasantly calming. Me and my ilk? it's miraculous (presumably because we have a deficiency in the brain chemical it stimulates)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Julio Cruz posted:

which is more antisemitic, watermelon or octopuses

Free Parking signs.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Wait who are you

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Dabir posted:

Well I don't!

https://youtu.be/rGkseGFQLh4?si=iRb3UP63QdQbb6D_

:unsmith:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

I saw them years ago at Warwick Folk Festival they were chatting with a guy in the crowd, and his son, Luke (who was six). It turns out they’d met last year and Luke had told them that “I’m Like, I’m five and my Dad’s Bruce Lee. He drives me round on his Harley”, and they had adapted it into the song.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Red Oktober posted:

I saw them years ago at Warwick Folk Festival they were chatting with a guy in the crowd, and his son, Luke (who was six). It turns out they’d met last year and Luke had told them that “I’m Like, I’m five and my Dad’s Bruce Lee. He drives me round on his Harley”, and they had adapted it into the song.

Bet Luke never even got any royalties for that

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Bet Luke never even got any royalties for that

Oh, I didn’t make that clear - the Dad was down right accusing them of taking it and not giving any credit.

Which as it’s the hook of the song seems pretty fair.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol I was just taking the piss but that's pretty funny

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Some Aussie invoked the spirit of the Narwhal Tusk today fighting off a terrorist with a crowd barrier post at the top of an escalator.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Goatse James Bond posted:

i took em for anxiety and they sucked for me personally

discomfort, seizure risk

fortunately i appear to be in the basket of like 20% of anxiety sufferers where l-theanine, the magical chemical in green tea, is... magical. some brilliant japanese feller figured out how to isolate it some decades ago. Normal people and 80% of anxiety sufferers? It's pleasantly calming. Me and my ilk? it's miraculous (presumably because we have a deficiency in the brain chemical it stimulates)

Looking askance now at four cups of green tea a day that I've been drinking when in the office.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Some cheery light reading from The Mail to kick off the weekend

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
New scam just dropped

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

smellmycheese posted:

\
ah orange lightning and acid drizzle again today eh :rolleyes:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's all going well in Gibraltar since Brexit:

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/1778877269127082057

:lol:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

keep punching joe posted:

New scam just dropped
Glasgow already had the guy kicking the guy who's on fire in the bag so hard that he tore his ankle, not sure why they'd need

serious gaylord posted:

Some Aussie invoked the spirit of the Narwhal Tusk today fighting off a terrorist with a crowd barrier post at the top of an escalator.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

keep punching joe posted:

New scam just dropped

what is it with the Glaswegians and movie related, AI generated, cheap warehouse based scams?

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Just have it near Ceuta instead

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

smellmycheese posted:

what is it with the Glaswegians and movie related, AI generated, cheap warehouse based scams?

It's one guy who happens to live in Glasgow. It's like saying "what's with all the Tory cunts called Rishi?" and blaming Londoners for it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That's very unfair when that one is clearly Southampton's fault.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Ive been on 60mg flux 800mg vaporate for so long my life is a side effect

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Looking for somewhere to donate or recycle my old fridge. The first website made me chuckle as I thought they were offering to dispose of any landlords, estate agents, solicitors and householders I had lying around. If only.

Grats Crispix on your new role!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Starbucks posted:

So she doesn’t have or ever had tenancy in the flat being charged for? That’s odd as hell, hopefully. If you get nowhere let me know and will nudge some people I know Ovo way
She hasn't. She stayed in the same building but different flat. Billed for a flat on the ground floor when she was staying on the top floor. There's possibly some confusion because the flats either go by letters or position, eg: F is also top floor right.

Appreciate the offer of a nudge. Hopefully she gets some resolution from the ombudsman.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mebh posted:

Looking for somewhere to donate or recycle my old fridge. The first website made me chuckle as I thought they were offering to dispose of any landlords, estate agents, solicitors and householders I had lying around. If only.

Grats Crispix on your new role!

I’m offering odds on who will be the first to receive a Crispy Probe

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Annoyingly, HMRC have stopped putting a PDF self-assessment form online :( (SA100)

Even though I fill it in online, I like to print out a blank to make sure I have found all the info I need to input online.
I'll have to use last year's but they might have changed bits because they do occasionally.

If you want to fill in the paper copy to submit you have to phone up (after they said they weren't answering the phone for 6 months or was that rescinded - I've lost track!) and ask for it!

I just want it for prep work!

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-assessment-tax-return-sa100 has a pdf version of SA100 for 2024. It's marked as for reference only so I think it's provided exactly for your reason.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

I’m offering odds on who will be the first to receive a Crispy Probe

homerhidinginbushes.gif

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Pablo Bluth posted:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/self-assessment-tax-return-sa100 has a pdf version of SA100 for 2024. It's marked as for reference only so I think it's provided exactly for your reason.

Thanks! I didn't see that for looking!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

while it would be funny they would shoot them down im sure just having an uncoordinated unfriendly plane in the area is enough to cancel it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

smellmycheese posted:

Nah, I'll just watch When the Wind Blows again.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When the Wind Blows Again is the sequel with even less people in it.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i read on the beach in fifth grade which freaked me out about nuclear war so i bought the us army field survival manual (thank god preppers weren’t a widespread thing when i was a wee childe). it goes into how to handle surviving in the immediate and longer days after a nearby nuclear blast when i took very seriously at the time lol.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
stig of the radioactive wasteland

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Lmfao

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

We got shown a "what to do in case of nuclear war" film at school in 1972/3 (so it wasn't Threads and it wasn't Protect & Survive). Can't find any trace of it online.
They had film of policemen wearing the tall helmets going around (can't remember why - maybe arresting people who didn't stay under their kitchen tables) and even then at 13 years old I was thinking "how come the police aren't affected?"

I did have a book called Nuclear War Fun Book too. Seems you can still get it.

and a game but noone would ever play it with me :qq:

and dad was in the local Civil Defence so he had this red folder with all sorts of interesting stuff in it.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mediaphage posted:

i read on the beach in fifth grade which freaked me out about nuclear war
Oh that's the backstory to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WouIzjgqo

Explains so much.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

and a game but noone would ever play it with me :qq:

"Anyone got change for 25 million population?"

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

always a laugh when you find out that the cold war NATO planners wanted to trade minsk for birmingham if there was a limited nuclear exchange, thanks guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I need to transport 3 bikes less than 5 miles in Sheffield to a bike charity shop that will refurb/recycle them to local schools and students.

Why the hell is this so difficult and expensive? It's almost walkable but... argh. I hate not having a car or being able to drive anything sometimes.

Can't just leave them on the curb with a note because that's fly tipping, the local facebook group is full of awful people who currently are ranting about people not deserving council houses if they won't mow their lawns and freagle appears to be entirely resellers and scams now. The one charity shop that does collect large items can't take bikes because they have nobody to check them so would just scrap them and they're all entirely functional.

I'm trying to do responsible things on a Saturday during the day and I think I might just end up playing video games instead at this rate. I rang like 5 people. 5 people! (ok it was 2... but still it was hard)