Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

No Butt Stuff posted:

If the 49ers pick in the next hour or so we can wrap up round two tonight.

Just got off work a couple hours ago, sorry.

Linebacker isn't a major need for the Niners right now, but depth couldn't hurt with Greenlaw likely out for a chunk of the season (and who knows how he'll recover from that injury once he is back), and Colson feels like good value here. Probably would have taken Beebe if he were still available, but alas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grozz Nuy posted:

Just got off work a couple hours ago, sorry.

Linebacker isn't a major need for the Niners right now, but depth couldn't hurt with Greenlaw likely out for a chunk of the season (and who knows how he'll recover from that injury once he is back), and Colson feels like good value here. Probably would have taken Beebe if he were still available, but alas.

No worries. I’ll make a pick soon and close out this round. Excellent pick.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Wanted to go a little further from needs here not even if Wanya pans out I would like to have an option to cut Taylor next year.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

Wanted to go a little further from needs here not even if Wanya pans out I would like to have an option to cut Taylor next year.

That was the guy I wanted :mad:.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Two full rounds in the books, hell yeah

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

ShakeZula posted:

Two full rounds in the books, hell yeah

Round 3 time

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Why is the Yale guy in a Notre Dame uniform

transfer is probably the answer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

absolutely outstanding pick

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

waffled between a few guys here but ultimately decided to go with talent and just hoping his knees don't explode

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

IcePhoenix posted:

waffled between a few guys here but ultimately decided to go with talent and just hoping his knees don't explode

Good player. Injury Concerns Galore. If Carolina can keep him straight, they have their new luke

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Good player. Injury Concerns Galore. If Carolina can keep him straight, they have their new luke

Yeah, a couple scouting reports I saw said that he's got first round talent but his injury history makes him too big of a risk to draft that high. I figure third round is an acceptable point to take that risk lol.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, a couple scouting reports I saw said that he's got first round talent but his injury history makes him too big of a risk to draft that high. I figure third round is an acceptable point to take that risk lol.

I don't think they wait until the third; they probably grab him latest with their last pick in the second.

there have been a ton of stories that have come out that are very similar to when the team was falling in love with Jeremy Chinn. Also, NC state grad, plays the same position as the current Panthers GM, etc.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't think they wait until the third; they probably grab him latest with their last pick in the second.

there have been a ton of stories that have come out that are very similar to when the team was falling in love with Jeremy Chinn. Also, NC state grad, plays the same position as the current Panthers GM, etc.

I didn't even know they were interested in him irl :v:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
oh we got back to washington faster than i thought, alright pick is in

i suppose ill finally stop drafting offense to throw some bodies at pass rusher

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the first three 3rd round picks wiped out a chunk of my hopefuls. awesome picks. but the best player is still on the board

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I have four players in mind for Picks 88 and 91. if they aren't there, I'll cry.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Drafting for the Patriots this year has been easy / hard. They have so many needs that I could literally pick anyone. We are going bargain bin / project QB for the foreseeable future. I never buy the argument that a particular QB class is weak or strong, next year they will be coming up with excuses why these QBs are fliers.

I picked Brooks here because I don't want to pay Rhamondre Stevenson an extension necessarily. Tight End and Tackle are still a need, but when a highly projected RB is available, I have to grab them.

If this was real life I would probably be trading back a lot more, but I have to pick someone.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Anderson Koopa posted:

I picked Brooks here because I don't want to pay Rhamondre Stevenson an extension necessarily. Tight End and Tackle are still a need, but when a highly projected RB is available, I have to grab them.

If this was real life I would probably be trading back a lot more, but I have to pick someone.

I was thinking that after the run on linebackers, a run on RBs was likely coming. Just nobody pick the guy I like, please and thank you

Cavauro posted:

but the best player is still on the board

god dammit ill find this guy if its the last thing I do

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Shakezula thank you for hosting this, any chance we can take it to 4 rounds?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I actually waffled on Brooks but I just didn’t want to miss an OT that I liked and end up with a guy who doesn’t ever quite get it after an ACL injury.

But man was it tempting to have him come in and be behind Pacheco for the first half of the season

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Anderson Koopa posted:

In the past I think we've taken an informal poll when we get a bit closer, and if there's still enough time to get through it before the real draft. I'll be in support, I love my fourth round flyers.

e: Never mind just realized the Rams have two fifth rounders and FOUR sixth rounders but no fourths. Booooo

No Butt Stuff posted:

I actually waffled on Brooks but I just didn’t want to miss an OT that I liked and end up with a guy who doesn’t ever quite get it after an ACL injury.

But man was it tempting to have him come in and be behind Pacheco for the first half of the season

Well there's still plenty of em left at least

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Anderson Koopa posted:

I generally consider 3 rounds to be a successful draft, but if we make it through round 3 with time to spare I'm not opposed to keeping it rolling. Round 3 is usually pretty tough though. It's where you get a lot of teams with repeat picks, teams that have no picks, and comp picks that make it longer than the preceding rounds.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I heavily debated picking Brooks at 58. But I have genuinely zero clue about his medicals. They have be to clean because a high production college back with a huge injury red flag is hard to stomach.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
it’s not quite my turn yet

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Debated Kneeland or Trice at 63, but opinions on them seemed so divisive I settled on a more consensus BPA pick.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Grozz Nuy posted:

Debated Kneeland or Trice at 63, but opinions on them seemed so divisive I settled on a more consensus BPA pick.

re: Kneeland, yea for Washington they just have no one good at Edge after trading their two best dudes last year so it's just throwing athletic bodies at the position this year and hoping a rotation is sufficient while setting up the rookie QB in a good situation on offense

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Oh gosh I need to make a pick! It's been a while.

Edit: Obviously needed an OL after taking Bowers at 10. Puni has G/T versatility and seems to be quite well regarded by Brandon Thorn, which is enough for me. Plus, seems like good value (he's 48 overall on the B/R Big Board and 56 overall for Brugler).

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 15, 2024

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
A safety!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Second best safety in the draft at 73 is a steal

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Yay, the guy I wanted managed to fall.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I almost went runningback but I want to see if Javonte IS BACK

Also considered safety but I dont like having a big gaping hole across from Surtain

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 15, 2024

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

trevorreznik posted:

Yay, the guy I wanted managed to fall.

You used an excellent photo lol

trevorreznik posted:

With the 75th pick, the Chicago Bears select
Sedrick Van Pran, Center, Georgia

Pran seems like an excellent gamble in the third. He had some decent hype earlier in his career.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

drat was hoping Ruke would last a bit longer. Great pick at that spot, he may easily go second round

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Play posted:

drat was hoping Ruke would last a bit longer. Great pick at that spot, he may easily go second round

Atlanta needs all the help it can get in defence.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thought that guy did go in the second round. i removed him from my list in the second believing that to be the case. i must have saw people talking about him in some other thread and assumed it was this one

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Cavauro posted:

i thought that guy did go in the second round. i removed him from my list in the second believing that to be the case. i must have saw people talking about him in some other thread and assumed it was this one

I did the same with Colson, though I do prefer my choice

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I'm so close to pickinggg let's make some pickssss

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I'll make the pick for the Raiders in a few minutes if Black Sunshine doesn't

3 DONG HORSE