Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Oh no Giuliani is losing cohesion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

“They’re building a powerful wall of immunity in the population.”

Hey CNN, you can pay me a bargain nineteen thousand dollars per appearance to say this.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Crazypoops posted:

Oh no Giuliani is losing cohesion

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

lepto? :barf:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/parentmishmash/status/1778932305769148827?s=46

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Soap Scum posted:

they should include the "ah, ah, ah!" sound from that 90s whiz kid toy (at this timestamp for the uninitiated)

Zugzwang posted:

I was thinking of the "ah ah ah, you didn't say the magic word" bit from Jurassic Park myself.

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022

Tzen posted:

stopped by my neighborhood 'little free library' that usually has some spices and non perishables items
lol what someone dumped 50+ auras in it
i grabbed a few, loving a

i just found one today in a little shopping area and the most visible thing was an Emily Oster book. that went straight into the trash nearby

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

maxwellhill posted:

i just found one today in a little shopping area and the most visible thing was an Emily Oster book. that went straight into the trash nearby

Quoting for the SAD thread. :mrapig:

maxwellhill
Jan 5, 2022
they never do say WHY they're so sad

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The idea that surgical masks are PPE is a social contagion.

https://i.imgur.com/KNuTNEn.mp4

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Platystemon posted:

The idea that surgical masks are PPE is a social contagion.

https://i.imgur.com/KNuTNEn.mp4

can't get high at work without being judged for it anymore, smh

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

might be a good time to do all your doctor/dentist appointments

got mine scheduled for this coming week. got an email saying to wear a mask when coming in. let’s see if they actually uphold their end of mask wearing

Pitcher Witcher
Jan 13, 2020

My dentist is very good. Everyone has auras or kn95/94's, and there are a couple air purifiers in the office. They also make you wash your hands before you can get in the chair! The patients regrettably do not mask very much at all despite the signage. No medi-cal though.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

I would really like a website with a directory of healthcare providers who take Covid seriously. It would be easy to build, but nobody would actually populate it with data. Like covidmeetups.com has one but it’s completely outdated

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

maxwellhill posted:

you're doing your part :getin:

dipped into covid twitter and holy poo poo this top score
https://twitter.com/nickelpin/status/1778690701976359264/photo/3

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hold on!

Exit this site

Now that's advice I can get behind.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Older than what exactly, haha

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
lol Danger Tamagotchi, love it

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Zugzwang posted:

At a playground recently, one kid (not far from mine) was hacking up a lung the whole time. Overheard his mom saying that he had "the two-month cough. That cough all the kids are getting that lasts for two months." 🫠

“My child has been coughing for two months” seems bad, but if it’s called something and other people have it too that means it’s normal, and normal things are good

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Salt Fish posted:

I can't wait to try navigating this with a 104 degree fever and 80% blood oxygen.

It’s really important to make sure the wrong people don’t get this expensive thing that recently destroyed a bunch of for no reason

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Leptospirosis, come on down! You're the next contestant on immunocompromised price is right

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

The Oldest Man posted:

Consumption is very normal and also extremely mild

*economist perks up* consumption you say?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Already gone? As far as I can tell nobody can say for sure what the cumulative death toll is. We hit 1.3m or so in 2022 (IIRC) and just stopped counting.

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#datatracker-home

Official tracker now says 1,188,278 Covid deaths in the us. We’ve not only had no Covid deaths since 2022, we’ve resurrected a bunch of people

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Official tracker now says 1,188,278 Covid deaths in the us. We’ve not only had no Covid deaths since 2022, we’ve resurrected a bunch of people

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
In Oct 2021, someone told me Omicron was "a blessing."

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Deaths pulled from the past

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Tzen posted:

you're doing your part :getin:

dipped into covid twitter and holy poo poo this top score
https://twitter.com/nickelpin/status/1778690701976359264/photo/3

3,000 or more: Decreased performance in school or office settings (e.g., decision-making, task performance, standardized test scores)
5,000 or more: Fatigue
6,000 or more: Headaches, fatigue, visual impairment, temporarily increased cerebral blood flow velocity
7,000 or more: Reduced diffusing capacity for CO, fall in cardiac output, increased ventilation (air exchange between the environment and the lungs), temporarily increased heart and respiratory rates, acidosis

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nh_vxpycEA

Griz
May 21, 2001

OSHA limit is 5000 ppm averaged over an 8 hour workday

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

In Oct 2021, someone told me Omicron was "a blessing."

yeah a blessing from papa nurgle

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

That clears up so much.

Thank you, Citizen Google. :patriot:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
"all pandemics end eventually" is, in this context, a bit ominous

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I invite the author to expound upon AIDS.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Baddog posted:

Fwiw I just grabbed a box from them, depriving a poor hospitalized pregnant mother from getting appropriate treatment. Maybe it still works if you already had an account.

Thanks for the update - yep, it still works if you have an account and seems to be easier than ever.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Real Mean Queen posted:

“My child has been coughing for two months” seems bad, but if it’s called something and other people have it too that means it’s normal, and normal things are good

And it's even better if the normal is hyper. Hyper means even gooder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Thanks for the update - yep, it still works if you have an account and seems to be easier than ever.

I have an account and have gotten Pax before but they are still saying HOLD ON

I have Medicaid so I will again be brought to that screen that says I need a prescription first but I am contacting test2treat to get a prescription lol lmao

E: I still went through with my pax request, waiting on the emed confirmations, I'll see if that goes through and then if they direct me to Paxcess? Lol

Indoor Dying has issued a correction as of 21:46 on Apr 13, 2024