Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://x.com/ettingermentum/status/1779210129692311878?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

VitalSigns posted:

Trying to target people who will vote for Biden isn't unreasonable. The goal of a political campaign is to win, so it makes perfect sense that you would want to direct your money and volunteer time as much as possible to people who will vote for your guy, and not the other guy. It would be stupid to purposely not focus your efforts and end up helping your opponent. A very common criticism of the Hillary campaign is that she didn't even try to turn out potential Democratic voters in states she needed, and instead pursued a goal unrelated to trying to actually win (running up the popular vote in California so she could claim her surely-inevitable presidency had a huge mandate)

But it is very funny that libs seemingly can't admit to themselves that they are doing this, and have to pretend to themselves that their only motive for voter registration drives is a selfless commitment to "democracy" as a concept, and not something as gauche and boorish as trying to get their guy elected.

if they really wanted to pre-screen new registrations by affiliations, the volunteers would be wearing those obama t-shirts this year, bc I guarantee that those would filter out non-democrats, unlike in 2012.

but since the democrats are also trying to woo indy voters & never-trumpers that prolly wouldn't work.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
good day for a cafecito

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
oye como va mi ritmo

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

fits my needs posted:

good day for a cafecito
tfw she sees you chopping it up

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fits my needs posted:

good day for a cafecito

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

fits my needs posted:

oye como va mi ritmo

I'm appreciating you for blasting this through your backpack speaker, thank you

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Willa Rogers posted:

speaking of Saving Democracy, this story is a couple weeks old but it made me lol. internal memos about democrat voter-reg initiatives warn that they--get this!--might be helping the wrong kind of voters save democracy

Only register democrat voters to prevent fascism & save democracy!

I found this tidbit funny:

Dems: "Vote!"

Young conservative-leaning guy who considered himself apolitical and never voted: "Ok, I'm going to vote for the guy you hate."

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"For the first time". Uh huh.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

"For the first time". Uh huh.

She was really moved by Biden's backing of a genocide

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The DCCC is such an incredibly foul organization.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
lmao I cannot imagine giving the democrats 260 let alone 260k holy crap haha

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Don't cry for her, alexandria; she has plenty of money on hand.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
she already has the ghoulish pelosi smile

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Willa Rogers posted:

Don't cry for her, alexandria; she has plenty of money on hand.

Nice work if you can get it. Making money doing nothing, exempting yourself from warrantless surveillance requirements....life must be great for elites in congress.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the courage to change... into a lizard member of congress

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Richard Richard
Dick del Dick
Dick Dick
Durbes Lurbin

dick salad
colton durbo

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/axios/status/1779149560801059008

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

yes i assume that's what any candidate would say in any election

thank you for your wisdom sir

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

lol

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

"But TWUMP!"

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 21:10 on Apr 13, 2024

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

If inflation would be worse with Trump as president that implies the President has the ability to influence inflation. Thus the terrible inflation we are enduring under Biden is a choice on his part not something out of his hands.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

thanks!

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

"MAGAnomics is inflation-feeding welfare for the rich that raises taxes," White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates writes in a new memo to Biden allies, out this morning.

yeah, sure, go with that since touting bidenomics has worked out so well, and since inflation has gone up 30 percent since genocide joe took office.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

wait I thought the economy was good unless you were too stupid to know how good you had it. did that message stop? seemed flawless, not sure why you’d ever want to pivot from that

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Look I carry around this rock and i call it the anti bad inflation rock and if I didnt have this rock the inflation would be way worse.

insane clown pussy
Jun 20, 2023

if they're gonna be the republican party from 20 years ago then they might as well adopt their campaign tactics

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

insane clown pussy posted:

if they're gonna be the republican party from 20 years ago then they might as well adopt their campaign tactics

They'll still be the opposition, complaining about how Republican president BloodsniperAK47's username contains a Russian gun.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Best Friends posted:

wait I thought the economy was good unless you were too stupid to know how good you had it. did that message stop? seemed flawless, not sure why you’d ever want to pivot from that

Once again we have the mainstream media lazily trying to continue a narrative that the economy is a problem for Biden. If there are weak economic numbers, it’s bad for Biden. If there are strong economic numbers, it’s bad for Biden.

The latest example is the pathetic front page headline in today’s Washington Post: The economy, and inflation, are revving up at a terrible time for Biden.

The article starts by pointing out that there are “unexpectedly strong job growth, wages and consumer spending” right now. Sounds good, right? But no, WaPo cries that these numbers come at a “terrible time” for Biden and are “bad luck” for him.

WaPo’s key point for trying to explain that these numbers are “terrible” for Biden is that they prevent inflation from dropping. Yes, inflation went up by a small 0.3% in March, but WaPo describes this blip with overblown language like “inflation revving up” and “ inflation heating back up.”

Nevermind that inflation is down from 9.1% in June 2022. Nevermind that inflation was higher at similar points in President Bill Clinton’s and President Ronald Reagan’s tenures, when year-on-year inflation was at 3.6% and 4.8%, respectively, and both went on to win reelection. Nevermind that, as WaPo points out, that “so far Americans have been more than happy to splurge on services like dining out, travel and hotel stays, despite inflation.” Nevermind that, as WaPo also points out, “big-ticket items like cars, furniture and appliances, have actually gotten cheaper in the past year.” Still, the newspaper decided to cast all of this in an extremely negative framing for Biden. That’s an intentional and manipulative choice, imho.

The key data point the article uses to show the problem with inflation is that gasoline prices have been “creeping up” over the past two months. Well, the current average is $3.633, up from $3.396 a month ago — up a small $0.237. Nevermind that it’s down from $3.645 one year ago. Nevermind that gasoline prices increase every year leading into summer.

Yet WaPo opines that Biden is “struggling” on his economic messaging. It’s no wonder, when you have the corporate media determined to beat to death its lazy narrative that the economy is a problem for Biden and always will be forever and a day. We all know that if consumer spending or job growth or wages were to drop, WaPo would jump on that as also being “terrible” for Biden.

Thanks for allowing me to rant.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The cope is strong with that one. There's long been a maxim in politics: if you're explaining, you're losing. No one cares what the YoY inflation numbers were under Reagan or Clinton; they care what's happening with their pocketbooks in the here and now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
their latest response to inflation is to once again claim it would be worse under trump. that is the entirety of their plan.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

All Trump has to do is promise to revert prices to what they used to be five years ago and he'll win with a supermajority.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
I'm so glad that we elected President Biden in 2020, now the adults are back in charge. Trump almost certainly would've started WW3 in his 2nd term.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
there is like a 2% chance that some prices would deflate just because business owners are chuds who like trump

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1214267892482469888?t=JOcZ0I711Gs_HogbLYXHaQ&s=19

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
You think Biden would be worse than Trump? Trump would start WW4!

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/ettingermentum/status/1779238564909215911

Blinken isn't just a complete bloodthirsty psycho, he's also astoundingly incompetent

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Malleum posted:

if the cost of democracy is 50,000 dead children maybe it deserves to die

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fits my needs posted:

good day for a cafecito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

theCalamity posted:

You think Biden would be worse than Trump? Trump would start WW4!

:shuckyes: