Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Waiting to see if a F-35 can pull the same stunt as a MiG-29 and get shot down by an unarmed drone.

Twice.

Edit - Iran has launched 168 drones at Israel (in minecraft, probably)

Z the IVth fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1779268147872141401

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Lady Demelza posted:

I'm confused, Iran has said they've launched an attack, one that's expected to hit at 11pm tonight? Why announce anything in advance?

It's not like it will come as a surprise at that range, so might as well take information initiative. And we are also talking about a nuclear power being hit by a nation that has its own nuclear program, so some common courtesy is understandable when the actual purpose is retaliation for a consulate strike, not wiping out the entire state.

edit: and since Iran doesn't share a border with Israel, it's even more courteous to inform Iraq and Saudi Arabia that they are not attacking them

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Apr 13, 2024

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Mutually Assured Decorum

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Lady Demelza posted:

I have an interior wall where the paint peels off and the plaster sounds hollow when tapped. It's definitely damp, either from the floor or maybe there's a slow leak from a pipe?

Well, now I feel like I'm being trolled by them.

My wife told me she'd seen 2 of them to the side of the patio door in the kitchen "recently" and sure enough there were two tiny gaps in the skirting where they join the patio door. So i popped some polyfiller in them a few hours back.

I go back to check just now and there's another loving woodlouse not 2 cm above where I'd sealed the gap. Again, no signs of dampness there at all, but they must be getting in through the patio door somehow.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I would thought the people doing a genocide were the ones spreading fear and uncertainty but I guess I'm not a smartypants

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Guavanaut posted:

Mutually Assured Decorum

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Keir Starmer breathes a sigh of relief as he's told that there aren't many people in the UK who like Iran, so publicly denouncing Iran is basically rent-free.
Other than the slight panic while he tries to work out whether "rent-free" is what got that ginger tart (what's-her-name) in trouble.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like creating actual material consequences for going around blowing up everything you see might be more likely to engender calm than not doing that.

Like this is exactly what happened when the US blew up Suleimani, Iran blew up a bunch of US bases, and then the US decided "maybe we shouldn't keep loving with Iran"

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah Iran has issued statements saying "We're doing this in retaliation for the consulate strike, and afterwards we consider the matter settled. Try some poo poo again and we will retaliate again." They're trying to walk the line between escalating and signalling that Israel can do whatever they like to them no consequences.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

look i don’t want to be mr toxic masculinity but lol at these dudes fighting

https://twitter.com/shitbritishpics/status/1779162636631855199

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

No mention of the lust bums aboard MSC Aries, Keith? Disappointing.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I assume Netanyahu is doing this in the hope that having his country be attacked by Iran will rally domestic support around him (or for the erection he gets from killing muslims) but it's such a pathetic play that it's hard to see anyone who isn't already stanning for Bibi take up the flag now.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mediaphage posted:

Someone put Young Tory Street Fighter into an AI.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Someone put Young Tory Street Fighter into an AI.

high street fighter

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

mediaphage posted:

https://twitter.com/shitbritishpics/status/1779162636631855199

i'm always very curious what these fights are actually about. where's the deep investigative journalism here. ok i assume it's going to be poo poo like "looked at my bird" or "made eye contact wrong and i'm drunk" but still

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mediaphage posted:

high street fighter
*throws a lovely fireball that flops on the floor while screaming Haddenham in a vocoder voice*

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
those buckfast monks have a lot to answer for don't they

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Crispix not even 24 hours as IK and already the English are battering the poo poo out of each other.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

happyhippy posted:

Crispix not even 24 hours as IK and already the English are battering the poo poo out of each other.

another reason to appoint more IKs

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Street violence is our cultural heritage.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

happyhippy posted:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

OwlFancier posted:

Street violence is our cultural heritage.

Violence is our most successful export too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rofl

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I missed this bit of comedy from the other day
https://twitter.com/ITVNewsPolitics/status/1778796578792251747

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

“or at least that’s what happened when i did it”

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I didn't realise Boris was an anti-monarchist

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

always a laugh when you find out that the cold war NATO planners wanted to trade minsk for birmingham if there was a limited nuclear exchange, thanks guys

I don't think there was like a signed agreement or anything, there.

Still, better Brum than Manchester I suppose

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
WHAT

you're really wanting the world's LARGEST primark and GREGGS WORLD nuked?!??!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I just don't get it. Every govt is blaming Iran when Israel blatantly killed Iranian diplomats in an embassy in another sovereign state.

And it's a complete about face from Oct 7th - Hamas initiated attack, therefore Israel can do genocide on Palestinians. Yet Israel initiated attack on Iran, therefore Iran cannot retaliate at all? Iran does not have the right to defend itself?

So suppose if Israel killed a couple of French diplomats in the French Embassy in Germany, and France decided to retaliate, then US/UK & whoever else would turn on France? Is that how it works?

I am more and more convinced the Samson Option is behind all this kowtowing to Netanyahu. I simply cannot understand any other explanation.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i mean you do get it, we all do, it’s just infuriating.

also right after this ecuador sent troops and cops and raided a mexican embassy because none of that appears to matter anymore

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Israel are designated Goodies, so anything they do is excused. Iran are designated Baddies, so everything they do is demonised. Standard right wing poo poo.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Here is hoping that this is the end of the matter and that there is no escalation to the concerning fighting.

That stuff isn’t condoned on MerseyRail.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i always played as baddies when i was wee :hehe:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

crispix posted:

i always played as baddies when i was wee :hehe:

In fairness the brotherhood of nod are just way cooler.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Miftan posted:

In fairness the brotherhood of nod are just way cooler.

They weren't the baddies though

NOD was fighting western imperialism by uniting the global south and trying to wrest control of the south's own resources while GDI, a tool of the global north, was hoping to eradicate the very resource that would have shifted the balance of world wealth away from it :colbert:

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
It's almost like a conflict is being deliberately escalated by a decaying regime with the full knowledge that owing to climate (amongst other things) and dwindling petrol power it's inevitable to their future. it's a better option to provoke it now rather than later when the aggressors are running on fewer fumes. If you can't solve your own problems, punch everybody else first.

Probably tinfoil though, perhaps everybody woke up with the grumps. Have a Snickers.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

crispix posted:

those buckfast monks have a lot to answer for don't they

Your posting, for a start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Bobby Deluxe posted:

In pathology alone there was the data entry system, there was the system that read the output of the biochem machines, the system that translated that into the input database's format; there was a PC at the back of the office with DO NOT TURN OFF taped to the front that translated results for the four GP surgeries that recieved results digitally; each machine in histopathology had its own pass-through translating stuff to the database and finally, we had 2 or 3 months of absolute chaos when the cerner / fujitsu 'central' system came in and our database needed a pass-through to translate everything onto that.

I apologise to the thread's computer touchers for what I just made them envision.

I briefly worked for the wheelchair service and even that had its own custom database that absolutely would not play ball with the physio's systems.

Standards & Security, a blame absorbing rubber brick cemented to the leading edge of the trainwreck. Because no one else can be aresed to follow standards and thus we have no security.