Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tea Party Crasher posted:

You have been in many people's mouths this game Dan

lol you have no idea tea party crasher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hambeet posted:

onlydans

:eyepop:

:forkbomb:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

deja vu

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thank you

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
did we find scum yet

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

JosefStalinator posted:

did we find scum yet

no

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dans Macabre posted:

*sealions into thread* who scum

Dans Macabre posted:

Skipped 300+ posts

guys i think we found the scum

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
lmao whoever posted about the game inside the game made me check discord and notice it just as the subsubgame ended

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

Truth. Clarity.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

im so jealous there's a chat somewhere without me making GBS threads it up.

unfair!

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

hambeet posted:

A lot of people want to dominate the subs… hmmm

Stop seducing me already it's NOT working

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Monathin posted:

Is not reading D1 a scum tell? Because for real for real we're talking about probably over 2000 posts before the end of the game day and I will not read most of them.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Players I quoted: What do you think of the alignments of Tom Tucker, Monathin, Token Female, lih and zzyzx?

You have all posted a reasonable amount in this thread, but nothing of substance. I don't think this is a scum tell because it's day one, but the players I'm asking you to look at have all made substantive posts (cases, defenses, alignment-related content) that could be used to ascertain alignment, or at least comment on. I recognize that I currently fit in y'all's category as well, so I owe you that too...

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Dans Macabre posted:

*sealions into thread* who scum

It's not a dense read at all

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Dominoes posted:

Players I quoted: What do you think of the alignments of Tom Tucker, Monathin, Token Female, lih and zzyzx?

You have all posted a reasonable amount in this thread, but nothing of substance. I don't think this is a scum tell because it's day one, but the players I'm asking you to look at have all made substantive posts (cases, defenses, alignment-related content) that could be used to ascertain alignment, or at least comment on. I recognize that I currently fit in y'all's category as well, so I owe you that too...

Bossy, but a good post

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dominoes posted:

I said I have a few people on my town list what more do you want

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Dominoes posted:

Tom and Token lean town, everyone else null

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Johnny Keats posted:

It's not a dense read at all

yeah look to break the irony fourth wall, i skimmed 8 pages over coffee and a bagel this morning. it's not that hard.

if you really cbf because you're time poor, just jump into the thread and post. if you're scum? do the same. just jump in and post. if it's an active game vomiting out 500 posts every 12 hours, no one is going to take you to task for not reading every single post.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I said I have a few people on my town list what more do you want

who are they? if i'm not in the list i actually don't care.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dominoes posted:

Tom Tucker - I think the whole flip out on shark mafia I thought was over the top. Would vote for him in order to not read that again. OTOH I haven't played with him before and Tokes said this is normal so whatever.

Monathin - I think town, but strong disagree with this statement:

Monathin posted:

reading is fundamental, both in mafia and in life

Tokes - nothing

lih - nothing

zzyxx - doesn't like you so sounds cool lol

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Dominoes posted:

TT - Townie for now, pending me finding and reading a TT scumgame.
Mona - Unclear. I thought it could've been Mona + Shark but I am thinking Shark is much less scummy now given their Shahrazad ability. I mean, CPig said unbalanced so whatever, scum Inventors aren't unreasonable, but eh.
Tokes - Seems genuinely interested in playing the game and trying to understand cases being made and such. I assume they want to live for a while. Either they got a role they really like, or they're scum.
Lih - Has made a funny meta case which amounts to "Every other game I've played with Cube, Cube has been non-town. This game, their D1 posting is much different. I wonder what that could mean." Also volunteered to spreadsheet, which is a challenging thing effectively as scum. Either townie, or I expect they will be "relatively easy" to catch as scum later when they're pushed about their spreadsheeting.
Zzyzx - My phone autocorrects their name now so I don't have to just add a bunch of extra letters, which is nice. Seems like they're putting in a fair amount more effort than they did that one time I was scum with them (one of the many boat-related games). So I guess I lean townie.
Dominoes - Reasonable question to a reasonable (to you, I think) set of people. Null.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

hambeet posted:

yeah look to break the irony fourth wall, i skimmed 8 pages over coffee and a bagel this morning. it's not that hard.

Real post I am sure I could "skim" 8 pages but to me that means... like not connecting any dots much less maybe retaining something. Seems like really limited utility to me on D1.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dans Macabre posted:

Real post I am sure I could "skim" 8 pages but to me that means... like not connecting any dots much less maybe retaining something. Seems like really limited utility to me on D1.

something of interest could stick out though on the skim. or like, you could make a really funny joke and if you don't skim and don't make the joke, you've just deprived us all of that.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
ngl I got so trained by the periodic game to not even consider zzyzx as a possibility as scum so I'm worried I'll continue that lol

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Hambeet I hope someday we're in a masonry

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

hambeet posted:

no one is going to take you to task for not reading every single post.

You'd be surprised

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I think scumchat counts

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

hambeet posted:

who are they? if i'm not in the list i actually don't care.

You’re not on the list but that doesn’t mean I think you’re scum. Just have a good feeling about a few people based on what I’ve seen so far

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

hambeet posted:

something of interest could stick out though on the skim. or like, you could make a really funny joke and if you don't skim and don't make the joke, you've just deprived us all of that.

This is probably the most important thing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dominoes posted:

Tom - town
Mona - town
TF - hmmmm probably town, not as strong a read as tom and mona
lih - feels town
zzyzx - most likely to be scum of this group

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I think scumchat counts

I feel like scumchat is like a masonry but it's like held at one of those rich people places where you have to wear a whatever coat to get in so everhone is serious and wants to talk about business. Not like a real masonry where I force Hal to watch Eurovision videos

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

i've just put it on my vision board

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PMuzz, who scum

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

PhantomMuzzles posted:

I feel like scumchat is like a masonry but it's like held at one of those rich people places where you have to wear a whatever coat to get in so everhone is serious and wants to talk about business. Not like a real masonry where I force Hal to watch Eurovision videos

That's exactly the feeling I had been going for with our Jane Austen scumchat, glad it came through properly.

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

CubicalSucrose posted:

That's exactly the feeling I had been going for with our Jane Austen scumchat, glad it came through properly.

Lol I was Mary Bennet but with an oversized business coat because I had to borrow one at the door

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Monathin posted:

PMuzz, who scum

Strongest pings are on you, and idk maybe Hambeet (whose pocket I now live in), Voodoo, Sandwolf, maybe Dans? I feel like I'm just naming random people

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Strongest pings are on you, and idk maybe Hambeet (whose pocket I now live in), Voodoo, Sandwolf, maybe Dans? I feel like I'm just naming random people

Classic D1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I could see voodoo as scum this game

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I hope this is what Shark wanted. I'm being forced to play a second D1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I could see voodoo as scum this game