Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarksydePhilFish
Dec 31, 2004

tabarnak ack ack

Snow Cone Capone posted:

mythicspoiler.com

I don't know Magic and was just kind of skimming through this conversation half paying attention, and when I read this I immediately parsed it as a site where dudes impress each other by posting stuff like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i just played draft in arena until one day i got really mad and uninstalled the game forever

Same lmao

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Dongicus posted:

favourite modern magic retards are the people on r/alchemy that are convinced that covering everything in their own piss is the way to create a philosophers stone

Old-timey alchemy freaks also pissed on everything. The element phosphorus was first discovered by a piss fiend

wiki posted:

The discovery of phosphorus, the first element to be discovered that was not known since ancient times, is credited to the German alchemist Hennig Brand in 1669, although others might have discovered phosphorus around the same time. Brand experimented with urine, which contains considerable quantities of dissolved phosphates from normal metabolism. Working in Hamburg, Brand attempted to create the fabled philosopher's stone through the distillation of some salts by evaporating urine, and in the process produced a white material that glowed in the dark and burned brilliantly. It was named phosphorus mirabilis ("miraculous bearer of light").

Brand's process originally involved letting urine stand for days until it gave off a terrible smell. Then he boiled it down to a paste, heated this paste to a high temperature, and led the vapours through water, where he hoped they would condense to gold. Instead, he obtained a white, waxy substance that glowed in the dark. Brand had discovered phosphorus.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Rappaport posted:

Old-timey alchemy freaks also pissed on everything. The element phosphorus was first discovered by a piss fiend

thr piss fact knower has arrived

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Fungah! posted:

thr piss fact knower has arrived

It's the history of chemistry, it's not my fault those people were freaks :colbert:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
They danced around fires while we were burning piss.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"no, give it another day. It has to smell a little worse than this before it's ready"

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If somebody put this on a table in front of me at a game store I would flip the table over at them like that one gif of the fat guy

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

DarksydePhilFish posted:

I don't know Magic and was just kind of skimming through this conversation half paying attention, and when I read this I immediately parsed it as a site where dudes impress each other by posting stuff like this

my thic spoiler dot com

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Dongicus posted:

favourite modern magic retards are the people on r/alchemy that are convinced that covering everything in their own piss is the way to create a philosophers stone

pissing different shapes on a big sigil to cast spells like that DS game Lost Magic

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

excellent 4th wall break

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

pentyne posted:

They danced around fires while we were burning piss.

wow, who are the real savages?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fajita Queen posted:

If somebody put this on a table in front of me at a game store I would flip the table over at them like that one gif of the fat guy

that fat guy is boogie2988 he's a chud

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

is that the fat mtg guy with a fedora or the fat mtg guy who prays at peoples' buttcracks

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Snow Cone Capone posted:

is that the fat mtg guy with a fedora or the fat mtg guy who prays at peoples' buttcracks

he's the fat guy that drank mountain dew and lost thousands on crypto

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Buttcrack guy did nothing wrong. Boogie is the one that blew through every bit of goodwill he ever had and tries to jump in on every grift that comes along and once said he couldn't have kids because he was worried he would molest them.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Fajita Queen posted:

Yeah gently caress Smothering Tithe

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

rodbeard posted:

said he couldn't have kids because he was worried he would molest them.

wtf

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
boogie boxed wingsofredemption for charity and boogies shorts fell down and had to taped back on then wings kicked his rear end 20 seconds later

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

rodbeard posted:

Buttcrack guy did nothing wrong. Boogie is the one that blew through every bit of goodwill he ever had and tries to jump in on every grift that comes along and once said he couldn't have kids because he was worried he would molest them.

👮

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

boogie boxed wingsofredemption for charity and boogies shorts fell down and had to taped back on then wings kicked his rear end 20 seconds later

had no idea this happened, holy loving poo poo

copy
Jul 26, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
boogie did not throw a single punch

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Heath posted:

Yeah gently caress Smothering Tithe

i would rather everyone else in the pod run Smothering Tithe than one person run Propaganda

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol

rodbeard posted:

not lol

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

My favourite gaming tournament story is the one guy who kept cheesing Warhammer games by keeping his entire army in reserve and then when his enemy finishes deploying, he places his army to rush whatever the weakest point in his opponent's defenses is.

So one other guy just uses the deployment phase to place infiltrators evenly spaced across the cheeser's side of the board so when the time came for him to do his rush, there were no legal places for him to place his units causing a loss by default. There's a hilarious photo of the cheeser and a referee looking through a rulebook to see if there is anything he can do while the victor just has a poo poo eating grin plastered over his face.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got back into MTG during Covid and got really competitive and into the meta and poo poo and a couple months ago I went 0-3 and dropped a big tournament and stopped playing and I realized the other day that I don’t actually care about it anymore lol.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Found it

And a better explanation of what happened

https://imgur.com/a/V0gND

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Looking at OTJ spoilers*

copy
Jul 26, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

My favourite gaming tournament story is the one guy who kept cheesing Warhammer games by keeping his entire army in reserve and then when his enemy finishes deploying, he places his army to rush whatever the weakest point in his opponent's defenses is.

So one other guy just uses the deployment phase to place infiltrators evenly spaced across the cheeser's side of the board so when the time came for him to do his rush, there were no legal places for him to place his units causing a loss by default. There's a hilarious photo of the cheeser and a referee looking through a rulebook to see if there is anything he can do while the victor just has a poo poo eating grin plastered over his face.

lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

Found it

This rules

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Found it

All my homies love Shooter

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Found it

not all heroes wear capes

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

It's so cool you can abuse the respec system to get it earlier than you should've been able to

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Plebian Parasite posted:

It's so cool you can abuse the respec system to get it earlier than you should've been able to

I simply built towards it after getting a few whip skills naturally :shrug:

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I went sylv knives on my most recent playthrough so I was able to get hustle dance and claw back any points on whips, it's just cool that the respecs happen tree by tree instead of all at once and it allows you to have little points where you can game the system, even if that advantage is only really relevant for like, 2 story bosses.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I am sorry you didn't spec the gay jester into Whips/Charm, perhaps that may be a skill issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

rodbeard posted:

people even get mad at him for doing the right things