Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't get out much so I'm hoping it'd give me some energy.

edit: today is one week with zero alcohol :toot:

Congratulations! 🥳 That's awesome

Edit: my first ever time I started a new page.

hey, it's Jeff! *Cricket sounds*

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

kntfkr posted:

They had to shoot this scene like 100 times and Kubrick kept screaming at Paul Reubens and gave him PTSD.

Kubrick directed Reubens?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Ulillinguist posted:

Edit: my first ever time I started a new page.

:mods:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Kubrick directed Reubens?

Yep. Learned that from pop-up video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7buR2g4nqs

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

kntfkr posted:

Yep. Learned that from pop-up video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7buR2g4nqs

That is a lot of facts about Jewel and toilets.

I miss pop-up video, I wish they'd make it an option for videos on streaming platforms.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Smash that report button

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Turning 38 a 4:20PM Mountain

Maybe I'll go bowling or something

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

can i embed a timtok?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

oh goddamnit that last episode of fallout goes incredibly stupid places. was a fun watch up until then. still worth watching for goggins, i guess

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

TrashMammal posted:

oh goddamnit that last episode of fallout goes incredibly stupid places. was a fun watch up until then. still worth watching for goggins, i guess

I thought it brought together the plot fairly well? Theres nothing glaringly inconsistent with the themes that I saw

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

TrashMammal posted:

what streaming service is this mess on

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Maudib Arakkis posted:

what streaming service is this mess on

prime video, op

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I thought it brought together the plot fairly well? Theres nothing glaringly inconsistent with the themes that I saw

don’t click this if you don’t like spoilers—>

making it so the bombs dropped because of a plot by a shadowy cabal was dumb. why shift the blame for the end of the world away from the pathological culture and ideologies that fallout was originally satirizing?

mecha agent cooper was sweet as hell though

<—don’t click this if you don’t like spoilers

TrashMammal fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Apr 14, 2024

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

TrashMammal posted:

making it so the bombs dropped because of a plot by a shadowy cabal was dumb. why shift the blame for the end of the world away from the pathological culture and ideologies that fallout was originally satirizing?

because Bethesda fundamentally misunderstands what the Fallout games are about at the absolute most basic level, and also what Todd says fuckin' goes

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Given that it takes place 25 years after New Vegas, I'm kinda eager to see what ending is going to have happened, if any.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

TrashMammal posted:

don’t click this if you don’t like spoilers—>

mecha agent cooper was sweet as hell though

<—don’t click this if you don’t like spoilers

I get what you mean, but its still caused by a fundamental lack of trust and/or greed. War never changes because humans don't change, what blew up the world blew up shady sands as well. The corpos think that its all about lack of control i.e. governments not going far enough, but they're clearly portrayed as evil idiots.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

of YOSPOS

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I get what you mean, but its still caused by a fundamental lack of trust and/or greed. War never changes because humans don't change, what blew up the world blew up shady sands as well. The corpos think that its all about lack of control i.e. governments not going far enough, but they're clearly portrayed as evil idiots.

Media literacy is dead

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LIV Golf has made me change so many golf players I root for I find myself in the odd and weird position of rooting for Scottie Scheffler today, a player I used to actively root against (just cuz of his name - who the hell would choose to go by the name "Scottie"?).

I also don't 100% blame the players who went to LIV because I get it, they got paid. But morals and values and such should have some worth too. Also, for golf, history and tradition.

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023

redshirt posted:

Fuckin Bryson DeChambeau.

I used to hate him for other reasons, but now I really hate him.

But not really either, it's just sports.

I don't really follow pro golfers but isn't DeChambeau known to be a raging rear end in a top hat?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

slandergoose posted:

I don't really follow pro golfers but isn't DeChambeau known to be a raging rear end in a top hat?

Yeah, I guess. I've not heard anything truly bad about him, just douchebro stuff.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

slandergoose posted:

He’s a golfer, so yes.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

redshirt posted:

LIV Golf has made me change so many golf players I root for I find myself in the odd and weird position of rooting for Scottie Scheffler today, a player I used to actively root against (just cuz of his name - who the hell would choose to go by the name "Scottie"?).

I also don't 100% blame the players who went to LIV because I get it, they got paid. But morals and values and such should have some worth too. Also, for golf, history and tradition.

Scotty Pippin, b.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

redshirt posted:

Seems kind of unfair to blame golfers for taking blood money to any extent, given the history of golf and the target demographic it cultivates.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Scottie Too Hottie

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Seems kind of unfair to blame golfers for taking blood money to any extent, given the history of golf and the target demographic it cultivates.

Lots to discuss here, but not Sunday vibes so shan't.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I don't get this av someone bought me but I miss the bee

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
It appears you made someone mad about video games op

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I haven't even been making dumb bad posts about videogames lately though :(

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've been avatarred & feathered but I'm the wrong guy

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Maybe you’ve attracted a forums nemesis. I used to have one but me and Saalkin buried the hatchet

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

deep dish peat moss posted:

I don't get this av someone bought me but I miss the bee

:same:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That's what they all say though....

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Maybe you’ve attracted a forums nemesis. I used to have one but me and Saalkin buried the hatchet

Help I'm stuck in the woods without a hatchet. I've already eaten all my clothes please save me

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Posting without a forums enemy isn't really posting at all

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Now I'm sad :(

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Saalkin posted:

Help I'm stuck in the woods without a hatchet. I've already eaten all my clothes please save me

Follow me fellow poster!

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I thought your nemesis was Friday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

rust martialis strikes again