Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I hope the Furiosa movie has zero Mad Max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I just completed my obligations by watching the latest Disney animated film.

I Wish it had been a better movie! :dadjoke:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cubone posted:

shocking fact: it has been 14 years since canada jim last appeared on the channel

it's been 4

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Basticle posted:

it's been 4

Fuckin got his rear end

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just found of this. Is there a horror film of this. I could make one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humster

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Basticle posted:

it's been 4
hmm, no

you might be thinking of Jim Maxwell, aka Tall Canadian? he last appeared in the Doohan's Eye BotW in september 2019

Canada Jim last appeared, as I said, 47 years ago

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Basticle posted:

it's been 4

That’s 14 Canadian years though

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cubone posted:

Canada Jim last appeared, as I said, 47 years ago

I know, that's far too long 147, why back than it was just Rich, not soon after he started Red letter media I belive, off the back of all the money he made War profiteering in the South during the American Civil war.

"Richie" Rich they used to call him.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

rich and jim are dead and in hell
miss them miss them

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

That’s 14 Canadian years though

They go by so fast.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

priznat posted:

It’s funny how there are several sequels to blockbusters in the 80s that were perhaps regarded as meh at the time but people have grown to appreciate more. Like Robocop 2 and Ghostbusters 2 as well, they tried to be proper sequels and not just endless callbacks and which probably helped. Ghostbusters 2 is probably more controversial but I like it, a lot more now than when it came out anyway.

Jimmy Cameras sequels are the exception with both Aliens and Terminator 2 being instantly more successful than the first movies.

I've probably seen Robocop 2 three or four times in my life and I can't remember a single thing about it. I recall Lewis being barricaded in a church with a bunch of people but I'm pretty sure that's Robocop 3 which is when I believed a Robocop could fly.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

RoboCop 2 is very much a remake of the first one in a lot of ways. It has its moments but it's not nearly as good as the first.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It has some excellent stuff in it, especially the failed attempts at making another robocop.

The scientist guy wincing and holding his arm when he gets shot in the video replay they're watching always makes me laugh.

It's not as good as Predator 2 but it's pretty decent! Tom Noonan always is fun.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Robocop 2 eventually had the original Frank Miller story/script adapted to comics about 20 years later, didn't it? I seem to recall something about it when I saw a few pages and didn't suddenly jump to, "the movie RUINED this great script!"

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Robocop 2 had a lot of great scenes but it never really combines into a great movie.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

priznat posted:

It has some excellent stuff in it, especially the failed attempts at making another robocop.

The scientist guy wincing and holding his arm when he gets shot in the video replay they're watching always makes me laugh.

It's not as good as Predator 2 but it's pretty decent! Tom Noonan always is fun.

Maybe I'll wattch it again and see if my brain can retain memories of it this time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

However Predator 2 is as a film, and I think it could be significantly better, it is at least an earnest attempt to push forward a creative tweak to a premise and not just fully retread the first film or chuck out what makes it "predator"

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Rich evans would make a great newfie. He's got the build for it

He could never be a newfie. He doesn't drink or drug. And you can understand what the gently caress he's saying, even when he mispronunskiates words.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009
https://www.engadget.com/tcls-first-original-movie-is-an-absurd-looking-ai-generated-love-story-154142740.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhQnnISdDIU

quote:

The company has released the first trailer for Next Stop Paris, which it's calling "the first AI-powered love story." TCL used human writers, as well as actors for motion capture and voice performances. While it has artists in the US, Canada, UK and Poland working on the project, it relied heavily on generative AI.

Why would anybody want to watch this, it looks like absolute poo poo

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

It's perfect for the current streaming buffet of wilted brocolli that gets tossed out at the end of the day.

Just another piece of content with the NEW tag on it when a user browses.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Is TCL the TV brand or some other random streaming platform?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

screaden posted:

Why would anybody want to watch this, it looks like absolute poo poo

Pure novelty, I assume? Hell, if it was cheap enough to make, it might even make its money back.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
turner classic loogies

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
should i watch The Gentlemen?

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Non Compos Mentis posted:

should i watch The Gentlemen?

The movie's fine. I just finished the show yesterday and wouldn't recommend it. I have a high tolerance for Guy Ritchie's bullshit but it was really tedious

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

When did Guy Ritchie peak? Was it the Madonna inspired movie with Jason Statham?

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

JediTalentAgent posted:

Robocop 2 eventually had the original Frank Miller story/script adapted to comics about 20 years later, didn't it? I seem to recall something about it when I saw a few pages and didn't suddenly jump to, "the movie RUINED this great script!"

Yes, and everything about it was dogshit. Big chunks of the premise ended up being used for Robocop 3, which should tell you all you need to know.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

https://x.com/sgtzima/status/1779237247134421190

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Like when a teacher asks a dumb question and some nerd finally answers it just to break up the awkward silence.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

It’s so weird how Colin is a 72 year old man

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DNDkx9pQxk

First six seconds.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Gutcruncher posted:

It’s so weird how Colin is a 72 year old man

Cold is a preservative

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

maple syrup is a preservative

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Colin hangs out with Adum from YMS?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

i laughed when the clocked moved 5 minutes

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
Hi sorry, what was that old movie where a depressed schlubby guy finds out he still has the high score on an arcade machine from his childhood so he tries to take it home without cutting off the power and through a series of wacky mishaps he learns about letting go and becoming a better person? I think Jeremy Renner was in it.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
That would be 1998’s “The Frogger”

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SeenYourPoopypants posted:

Hi sorry, what was that old movie where a depressed schlubby guy finds out he still has the high score on an arcade machine from his childhood so he tries to take it home without cutting off the power and through a series of wacky mishaps he learns about letting go and becoming a better person? I think Jeremy Renner was in it.

Tag?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

SeenYourPoopypants posted:

An episode of Seinfeld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I know I also said the Seinfeld episode but George doesn’t become a better person and the guest star was Peter stormare