Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Are the Dans votes really about the "masonry" thing? Because a whole bunch of players referred to the subgame as a masonry before Dans

CubicalSucrose posted:

I also suggested that we should use the 7 player game as an unconfirmed masonry and maybe a bloc-like thing (though I wasn't sure about that) instead of trying to play or shove boons at people

Tom Tucker posted:

Can someone confirm who was in the mafia-minigame masonry for me? Want to check posts and the survey request.

Johnny Keats posted:

Did that masonry end when the subgame ended? Being in large masonries for a while is generally disadvantageous for scum. Just saying these unconnected sentences next to each other

CubicalSucrose posted:

Yeah I originally said we should use it as a 7 player unconfirmed masonry and just vote off dead main game players.

Voodoofly posted:

Sharks thingy made a seven(?) person masonry where we are playing a sub game of mafia and there is a reward or something to the team that wins

This is some GOTCHA bullshit to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

hambeet posted:

i didn't summarise you arguing semantics as 'you're defending dans.' like, i'm simultaneously discussing the likelihood of it being a slip and the language people are getting hung up on. i just saw you walk in like striker eurkea to the discussion and i remembered that hal post about false dichotomy between wins / dan or something so i decided to go back and see what you said about dans around that time. i then brought my homework to thread.

you getting frustrated about it that easily is what seems out of character and a weird reaction.

Thank you for calling it out of character I've definitely never had embarrassing meltdowns in one of these mafia games before. This is the first and will be the only time

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Don't worry everyone I'm making veggie burgers I'll stop being a bitch in approximately 30 minutes

lol getting tilted at mafia because you're hangry is ace

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
this whole dans situation is really a treasure trove of reads now, imo voodoo is lean scum, tpc is near the zenith of scuminess

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tom do you think you might just be a tunneler

i think that's a very personal question.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Don't worry everyone I'm making veggie burgers I'll stop being a bitch in approximately 30 minutes

Actual legitimate tactic, when I had my meltdown earlier in D1 I went to go finish some leftover drunken noodles. Friends don't let friends play Mafia hungry

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Jose Valasquez posted:

Are the Dans votes really about the "masonry" thing? Because a whole bunch of players referred to the subgame as a masonry before Dans

all of those refered to the subgames as a masonry, not to "the masonry" as a separate concept than the subgames

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

I'll take number two please

thank you for your selection, that's a popular choice.

your next choice will be available in 3-5 business days.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

CubicalSucrose posted:

I think there's a non-trivial chance that Dans is in a yet-to-be-divulged masonry distinct from the one Yuming mentioned.

sorry, what is this based on?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

ahh see there was more than one.

jose found them pretty quickly. quick whip on the ol' ctrl+f

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

all of those refered to the subgames as a masonry, not to "the masonry" as a separate concept than the subgames

this has been explained a bunch of times now, anyone still using this logic to avoid voting dans is not town imo

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

##vote AFQM everything you say and do around this subgame smells scummy

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

fool of sound posted:

sorry, what is this based on?

Generic setup spec. "Non-trivial" is like...>=10%.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Opopanax posted:

I've seen it pop up a couple times now so I'd just like to say my Stalin vote is not a joke

Outside of the Dans stuff I just want to highlight that this is a very scummy post and makes me feel no better about opop

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyway, i was on dans before it was cool.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

hambeet posted:

anyway, i was on dans before it was cool.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Monathin posted:

Outside of the Dans stuff I just want to highlight that this is a very scummy post and makes me feel no better about opop

:agreed:

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Dans Macabre posted:

I'm not in any of the sub games or the masonry and I couldn't be happier.

quoting this again

dans says he is not in either of:

1. the sub games

2. "the" masonry (single)

this is absolutely a scumslip

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Jose Valasquez posted:

##vote AFQM everything you say and do around this subgame smells scummy

this is another deliberate conflation between the subgames (plural) and the masonry (separate, singular). the case on dans which I am posting in favor of has nothing to do with "this subgame"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

we can vote dans if we want to
we can leave your friends behind
because your friends vote dans and if they vote dans
well, they're sure friends of mine

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
jose is top scum after dans

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

hambeet posted:

SAFAETY DANS SAFETY DANS

SSSS AAAA FFFF EEEE TTTT YYYY SAFE SAFE SAFE SAFE DANS DANS DANS DANS

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

hambeet posted:

All rise for the national anthem

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Tom, outside of your blood lust for Mona, what do you make of the dans masonry situation? Do you think people are correct in saying it's a slip? Do you think the votes are weird? What's up

It could be a scum slip or he may have just misspoken or he might have been confused by all the talk of masonries and mafia within mafia. I don’t think it’s a slam dunk at all as others seem to.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
dans delenda est

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I am very pointedly not making any inferences about who is scum until we see a flip.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

this whole dans situation is really a treasure trove of reads now, imo voodoo is lean scum, tpc is near the zenith of scuminess

Okay but did you get your scumdar checked after adolescent Mafia

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i shouldn't have said tom's posting rubs me the wrong way. i actually like that they come from a totally different view point to the thread and aren't afraid to show it.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

:lmao: I'm scum because I think you're scum. They should invent a term for this

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.

Keats I'm so sorry to ask but who is this

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

noiz indeed

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Johnny Keats posted:

I'm just claiming nutsucker

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

PhantomMuzzles posted:

Keats I'm so sorry to ask but who is this

the image is called noiz_normal.jpg and googling it is putting a lot of anime in my search history and i'm not rapt about it.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Okay but did you get your scumdar checked after adolescent Mafia

yeah, it pointed to RWC, which was scum in that game and you repeatedly refused to vote for :(

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Jose Valasquez posted:

:lmao: I'm scum because I think you're scum. They should invent a term for this

Hrrrm. Jumped On Scummy Extrapolation? Nah, too unwieldy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

like let's just reflect that keats googled for an image to lean into the joke he's posting white noise, than actually giving commentary on the current discussion or posters in said discussion.

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

hambeet posted:

the image is called noiz_normal.jpg and googling it is putting a lot of anime in my search history and i'm not rapt about it.

No beet You don't understand, it's gay animw

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

I am very pointedly not making any inferences about who is scum until we see a flip.

HMMM SELF CONCIOUS MUCH?

is that how we do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

hambeet posted:

a lot of anime in my search history

wow, scum claim directly in thread