Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

dervival posted:

huh, wonder why they went with Teva for you specifically

couldn't afford birkenstocks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I'm worried they may strike again but mods have denied my request for a protective detail.

:cb:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*Shoots Jimbone's AV in a panic

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I took the scooter downtown by the lake again. There is a big rear end torpedo there which I didn't know is called Navy Memorial Park. I think it's a Mark 14 but I'm not sure. It's fuckin' yuge. Like 20 feet long.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Something strange is certainly afoot. Ne’er-do-wells around every corner.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I took the scooter downtown by the lake again. There is a big rear end torpedo there which I didn't know is called Navy Memorial Park. I think it's a Mark 14 but I'm not sure. It's fuckin' yuge. Like 20 feet long.

Handsome lad.

How goes the no alcohol?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
u shoulda had a stranger take a pic of u pretending the torpedo was UOUR DICK!!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

redshirt posted:

Handsome lad.

How goes the no alcohol?

:glomp:

Today is day 8. My nephew stayed over last night and brought over a single 24oz beer. He forgot about it and left it here and I was going to drink it tonight after doing so much stuff today but I didn't!

Tomorrow I have to drive an hour to do storm spotter training (I did it a few years ago but forgot stuff, it's free so hey) and I set my alarm for 9am which is very early for me so I don't even want any alcohol in my system that might screw up my sleep.

My sleep is very weird now. In a good way. My dreams are much crazier and more vivid (which is actually the norm for me, alcohol suppresses them) and the most insane thing is that when I wake up, my bed isn't a complete disaster. Two sleep studies ago they said I "sleep violently" because I wake up 20+ times a night and thrash around. I'll wake up for 20 seconds, flip around, and go right back into the same dream I was having. The past few days my bed is still mostly made when I wake up! Usually the pillows/blankets get twisted up around me or knocked on the floor. And I'm not waking up nearly as much.

I just have to keep reminding myself how lovely I'll feel if I drink a ton. The sleep alone is blowing my mind. Alcohol just destroys sleep. I gotta keep this up.

I can actually eat during the day now and not throw it up 20 minutes later. I'm very very excited about that since it's been about a year since I didn't have to eat after 15 beers at 1am. Yeah... I was actually doing pretty bad. I just didn't care. :smith:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 15, 2024

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

idk when i painted this i found it in my closet

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Today is day 8. My nephew stayed over last night and brought over a single 24oz beer. He forgot about it and left it here and I was going to drink it tonight after doing so much stuff today but I didn't!

Tomorrow I have to drive an hour to do storm spotter training (I did it a few years ago but forgot stuff, it's free so hey) and I set my alarm for 9am which is very early for me so I don't even want any alcohol in my system that might screw up my sleep.

My sleep is very weird now. In a good way. My dreams are much crazier and more vivid (which is actually the norm for me, alcohol suppresses them) and the most insane thing is that when I wake up, my bed isn't a complete disaster. Two sleep studies ago they said I "sleep violently" because I wake up 20+ times a night and thrash around. I'll wake up for 20 seconds, flip around, and go right back into the same dream I was having. The past few days my bed is still mostly made when I wake up! Usually the pillows/blankets get twisted up around me or knocked on the floor. And I'm not waking up nearly as much.

I just have to keep reminding myself how lovely I'll feel if I drink a ton. The sleep alone is blowing my mind. Alcohol just destroys sleep. I gotta keep this up.

I can actually eat during the day now and not throw it up 20 minutes later. I'm very very excited about that since it's been about a year since I didn't have to eat after 15 beers at 1am. Yeah... I was actually doing pretty bad. I just didn't care. :smith:

youve got this my goon

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pencilhands posted:

youve got this my goon

I don't believe I've ever interacted with you before pencilhands and I genuinely appreciate the kind words. :unsmith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SIDS Vicious posted:

idk when i painted this i found it in my closet

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

My man.

What are your thoughts going forward? Do you have a timeline?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

reading this made me happy. i am excited for you.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh man thats an old one!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

redshirt posted:

My man.

What are your thoughts going forward? Do you have a timeline?

No idea. I'm fully assuming that something bad will happen and I can't deal with the emotions so I'll start drinking again. I'm reading books/audiobooks on alcohol to try to motivate me and to get me to stop liking booze. It really is one of the worst drugs on absolutely every level.

I'm just trying to keep busy and do things that alcohol wouldn't allow me to do previously. Which I guess is just about everything.

I'm playing it by ear this time and just trying to stay relaxed and not overdo it. A lot of the time when I stop drinking I almost immediately go near manic but that seems to have slowly eased up over the past 10+ years. My psychiatrist had a bunch of doctors go over all of my medical records as sort of a meta analysis and they don't believe I'm bipolar anymore. Possibly a personality disorder now along with the good ol' fashioned depression/anxiety.

I gotta stay active. I think that should be my main focus atm.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!

You should dress up like a cowboy and ride on the torpedo. It would be pretty cool.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

emSparkly posted:

You should dress up in a gimp suit and ride on the torpedo. It would be pretty cool.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

emSparkly posted:

You should dress up like a cowboy and ride on the torpedo. It would be pretty cool.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No idea. I'm fully assuming that something bad will happen and I can't deal with the emotions so I'll start drinking again. I'm reading books/audiobooks on alcohol to try to motivate me and to get me to stop liking booze. It really is one of the worst drugs on absolutely every level.

I'm just trying to keep busy and do things that alcohol wouldn't allow me to do previously. Which I guess is just about everything.

I'm playing it by ear this time and just trying to stay relaxed and not overdo it. A lot of the time when I stop drinking I almost immediately go near manic but that seems to have slowly eased up over the past 10+ years. My psychiatrist had a bunch of doctors go over all of my medical records as sort of a meta analysis and they don't believe I'm bipolar anymore. Possibly a personality disorder now along with the good ol' fashioned depression/anxiety.

Wise.

I know it's cliche as heck, but "One day at a time" makes a lot of sense when you're looking at some big life changing thing. Just deal with today.

Also, be kind to your self. Good luck. :)

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

"I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horsemissile." - Ronald Reagan, probably

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

My psychiatrist had a bunch of doctors go over all of my medical records as sort of a meta analysis and they don't believe I'm bipolar anymore. Possibly a personality disorder now along with the good ol' fashioned depression/anxiety.

1) Awesome.

2) One day at a time, yeah. Don't count days. Let it melt into one long stretch of being +/- good despite the poo poo that life will inevitably throw at u.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

one time when my wife and i first moved to the city we live in now we rented a place and the only door we had was down a set of stairs due to it being a basement apartment also, we had a raccoon who lived outside and one day he knocked over our garbage bin and trapped us in our apartment

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Canada sounds dangerous.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Canada has more raccoons than people

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol I think I remember you posting about that ages ago

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
Congrats Pennywise, glad that you're feeling a bit better.

nice obelisk idiot fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Apr 15, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Call me old fashioned but I prefer beavers to racoons.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

The raccoons where I am are foxes

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my friend and goon khanstants story

draw the time i went in a drain tunnel to find a dead bodfy but it was just trash and a basketball

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dial the Gate Daniel!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SIDS Vicious posted:

my friend and goon khanstants story

draw the time i went in a drain tunnel to find a dead bodfy but it was just trash and a basketball

Congrats on still living Sids, please focus on getting better and fitter and happier.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

SIDS Vicious posted:

one time when my wife and i first moved to the city we live in now we rented a place and the only door we had was down a set of stairs due to it being a basement apartment also, we had a raccoon who lived outside and one day he knocked over our garbage bin and trapped us in our apartment

:allears:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

krust remains unbusted

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

krust remains unbusted

long may he reign

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

you look so midwestern lol also congrats my goon keep up the good work!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Happy Patriots Day to those who celebrate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

at work. AGAIN. gah!