Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Miftan posted:

Edge is still wrestling????

e oh my god he was in the "so bad it's kinda good" flash TV show

Bit of a career change after U2 but I respect it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Random recommendation, as someone mentioned donating their old bike a few days back:

The Bike Project is a charity that fixes up second-hand bicycles and gifts them to asylum seekers (with lessons if needed) so they can actually get out of their accommodation without having to spend their weekly £49.18 on transport.

I think they have drop-off centres in London and Brum and a few other places, it's a good cause and an easy way of lending a hand / quietly undermining the hostile environment that I didn't ever consider until I heard about them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Skarsnik posted:

Itt over 30s goons proclaim no one under 30 goes to pubs any more

They just don't go to the ones you do hth

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

Gorn Myson posted:

Not a Blur fan but if I'm at a festival even if I'm not off my tits I'm still singing along with that because its all part of the fun. Americans are just poo poo at being crowds. Its why theres so many reaction videos to English football chants, they're stunned by the creativity of a group of people putting together a simple but entertaining rhyme about another team to the tune of Sloop John B. They just can't process it. I remember when WWE did their show in Wales a couple of years ago and loads of Americans were stunned that the crowd sang Edge's theme. They didn't realise they were allowed to do that.

'I believe that we will win!'

Honestly chat gpt would write a better sports chant.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I am poo poo at Python, which is troubling because my OU degree kinda depends on it.

And Maths, poo poo at that too.

Why did I choose this degree?!?!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dead Goon posted:

I am poo poo at Python, which is troubling because my OU degree kinda depends on it.

Have you asked about switching your credits over to a History of Art degree?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FWIW I see yutes at the pubs I go to, even skipping the ones in the town centre that my arse is very much too old for anymore.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Dead Goon posted:

Looking forward to your future degree in "Media Studies". :razzy:

Congrats on still educating yourself. :thumbsup:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Not singing along to Blur’s Girls and Boys is a disgrace and Albarn was right to have a tantrum at the crowd of rich influencers he was for some reason playing for. Awful festival for bad people.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The song's 30 years old, they probably don't know it grandad

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Maybe 'A History of Art in Media Studies' degree?

I suck at applying myself, really need to knuckle down sometimes :D

But this module has been pretty bad, I think the OU think their prerequisite modules (that I was at least competent in) are enough for this one, but they really aren't.

Oh well, it's something to do!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Kids these days don't know about proper music with words that you can sing along to while mashed.

gerbil lifebouy orrigh' gerbil lifebouy orrigh' gerbil lifebouy orrigh' gerbil lifebouy orrigh'

wurble burger something banana peel

Proper words those were, none of your EDMs or dril raps.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Excited to hear from the thread what else the youths have stopped doing after 'get drunk' and 'listen to music'

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kids these days don't even post on Internet comedy forums any more :smith:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Dead Goon posted:

Have you considered project management as a career?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Rarity posted:

Excited to hear from the thread what else the youths have stopped doing after 'get drunk' and 'listen to music'

Teens these days don't even get shitfaced on three litre bottles of terrible cider and do underwhelming hand stuff in children's playgrounds at dusk any more. They're all too busy with their fidget spinners and fortnites.

We used to be a proper country.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
I watched the No Doubt set last night out of curiosity and they played some really deep cuts I was wondering even if people my age would recognise.

I still have my ND t-shirt from T in the Park circa 2003 which claimed Balado is in Ireland.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Rarity posted:

Kids these days don't even post on Internet comedy forums any more :smith:

Kids today would rather do dances on their on their ticktocks and start dropshipping companies than get out on the paper round.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
listened to Tragic Kingdom for the first time a few weeks ago... that's a good fuckin record

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Anyone got any tips on how to start learning sign language with a qualification at the end of the course?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Rarity posted:

Yoofs don't even watch puroresu anymore, it's a loving disgrace

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Has it been long enough that yoofs don't even appreciate avocado on toast anymore?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, middle class kids can't afford homes now too, so the problem has suddenly gone from "too many avocados toast and nets flick" to "too many immigrants" and "not enough trad marriage among the working class"
:iiam:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Yoofs don't even watch puroresu anymore, it's a loving disgrace

:hai:

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
*Sigh* Youths these days don't even know about Poor Celadon.

Funka
Jan 4, 2006
I grew up in america in the 90s and I don't think I heard that Blur song much until I moved here. Their song that goes "woo hoo" was a big hit there though. Oasis and Bush were more popular.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Funka posted:

I grew up in america in the 90s and I don't think I heard that Blur song much until I moved here. Their song that goes "woo hoo" was a big hit there though. Oasis and Bush were more popular.

Yeah, I was going to say. Blur are an absurdly British band. Which is a shame because they were much more interesting than Oasis on the whole imo. Which, the fact I have opinions about Blur & Oasis definitely marks me out as someone who was listening to popular music circa '94-'97

I can't say I never got why Bush were big in the States, I do get it, America loved all these mediocre post-grunge bands like Creed & Bush & later on Nickelback & Staind. But I don't get why they liked all the mediocre post-grunge stuff when you could just listen to actual grunge, which was lightyears ahead of the imitators. Live, what a lovely & dull band.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

Anyone got any tips on how to start learning sign language with a qualification at the end of the course?

This page, from the National Deaf Children's Society has some information.
Depending on what you want to use BSL for, you may just want Level 1, but have a look.

[edit]
Level 2 info is here - looks like a lot of work, and colleagues who've worked through it would agree on that. But if it's important to you, that's probably not an obstacle.

kingturnip fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Apr 15, 2024

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheSavageHamza/status/1779806252450689461

lol

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

keep punching joe posted:

Have you considered project management as a career?

I used to be in the QA / Technical game in the food industry, but I got ill and that was that.

Wouldn't want to do it now, though.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Are they saying that Iran doesn’t have the right to protect itself?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Starbucks posted:

It's all bollocks, isn't it?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Starbucks posted:

If you're in the Axis of Evil you don't get to protect yourself because you're a baddie

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TRIXNET posted:

I still have my ND t-shirt from T in the Park circa 2003 which claimed Balado is in Ireland.

Man I wish

Looks delicious

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Iran should stop provoking Israel by continually attacking their nuclear facilities, embassies and carrying out targetted assasinations of their citizens over the past 40 years.

oh oops I got that one the wrong way round.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Reform are slowly creeping up:
https://twitter.com/TomHCalver/status/1779790316167479770

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Funka posted:

That song is called Song 2 because it was such a low effort song that they didn't even bother to name it properly and then it sold gang busters lol.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Skarsnik posted:

Itt over 30s goons proclaim no one under 30 goes to pubs any more

They just don't go to the ones you do hth

While an overstatement, young people really don't go to pubs that much. They don't have the money and also they simply drink less.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/research/alcohol-facts-and-data/alcohol-consumption-uk

The trend is generally downwards only with occasional blips like NI in 2021. Wonder what happened there, hm...

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I saw Blur live in 1994, they were good.

*immediately crumbles to dust*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I distinctly remember Song 2 being used for trailers for Starship Troopers but I may be going senile in my old age of mid-30s. I remember scenes of the bugs swarming at the Klendathu drop... :okboomer:

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Apr 15, 2024