Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Eezee posted:

This is going to be a bit tedious on console because you are gonna need to get some scarabs, but there's a very easy way to get to 100 right now.

https://poeplanner.com/a/C8-
with
Domination Scarab of Teachings
Domination Scarab of Abnormality (skip this if you still don't have a 5th slot, but seriously you should really be able to do a t17 by now)
2x Breach Scarab

Skip Breaches and strongboxes until you activate at least 2 shrines and then go to town on everything. That should get you to 100 in a couple of hours with minimal danger. Beyond and Deli would be more XP but they are also a lot more rippy.

I've been trying it today but the breach and teachings scarabs have gone up in price so much I might look into how much the carries are because this would be spending a ton on scarabs for just level 95

What are good maps for getting good breach spawns near to each other? I've been doing Dunes and Jungle Valley

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

WorldIndustries posted:

I've been trying it today but the breach and teachings scarabs have gone up in price so much I might look into how much the carries are because this would be spending a ton on scarabs for just level 95

Last league I did a breach carry power-leveling duo with a guy where we split profits and it worked out ok. 5-way isn't really viable anymore since the xp got nerfed and idk whether participants are required to have the 5th map slot or not.

*Last league = trial of the ancestors for me.

I do need to take another swing at a T17 now. I'm fragile AF but camping out, popping armor and spamming seems to work for "difficult" bosses so maybe I can kill stuff slowly and move forward. I have no idea what my damage looks like now vs 2 days ago but I'm willing to bet it's significantly higher based on what I've seen from pinnacle bosses.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 15, 2024

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
note to self: don't forget to swap off celestial ice nova mtx for boss fights

jesus christ

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Twisc posted:

note to self: don't forget to swap off celestial ice nova mtx for boss fights

jesus christ

All of that celestial stuff just gives me a headache. I had a weapon skin for a while but switched back to Stygian because jfc

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

WorldIndustries posted:

What are good maps for getting good breach spawns near to each other? I've been doing Dunes and Jungle Valley

I did ashen wood and arid lake, just maps I had that are pretty open.

I go in, find a few shrines, then pop some breaches. Great exp.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Jungle valley and stagnation for me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Man, it's a weird night on SC trade.

I just had a dude message me about a pair of boots I have listed for 20d (95 ele res, 33 chaos, T1 life, T1 hybrid life, crafted move speed plus chill immunity, good eldritch implicits, 30% qual) to tell me "bruh ur on crack, I made these boots for 1d" and proceed to link me some boots with 65 ele res, 32 chaos, T2 life, T2 percent armor/evasion, crafted move speed, 20% quality, and no implicits. Obviously I blocked them immediately but why am I getting negged on trade? I had multiple other rude interactions as well tonight when usually people are super chill.

E: Also their boots were on a worse base so IDK where they even came from, maybe Rog?

Why did you block them ??

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Got an ember of wealth last night and god drat those are going for 350c. Cashed that in right away, I don't have the gear to maximize it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

RandomBlue posted:

Got an ember of wealth last night and god drat those are going for 350c. Cashed that in right away, I don't have the gear to maximize it.

Do you need gear for that? I thought the trick was to use it on a high-frequency mob with increased pack size.

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

euphronius posted:

Why did you block them ??

Man I ain't spending my time arguing on the internet with some PUA for boot JPEGs

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

DaveWoo posted:

Do you need gear for that? I thought the trick was to use it on a high-frequency mob with increased pack size.

I'm guessing +quant and maybe +rarity gear helps along with the right atlas passives and maybe grouping and scarabs or other juicing options, whatever the strategy is to maximize those I'm sure I don't know it.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

drat I sold one of those a week and a half ago for like 80c

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

RandomBlue posted:

I'm guessing +quant and maybe +rarity gear helps along with the right atlas passives and maybe grouping and scarabs or other juicing options, whatever the strategy is to maximize those I'm sure I don't know it.

I think those mobs just drop a fixed currency item? Maybe there's something I don't know about, though.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
What the actual current divine to chaos ratio? Awakened poe shows around 240 but it looks like it's closer to 150 on the trade site but I know that it might be lowball stuff that no one answers to buy them cheap

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

fknlo posted:

What the actual current divine to chaos ratio? Awakened poe shows around 240 but it looks like it's closer to 150 on the trade site but I know that it might be lowball stuff that no one answers to buy them cheap

Double-check your Awakened settings -- I'm pretty sure you have Standard selected as the League and not Necropolis.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

fknlo posted:

150 looks right.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://poe.ninja/economy/necropolis/currency/divine-orb

When ever you're price checking currency or other items that don't really have mods ("fungible" stuff, a word I'd rather not use for obvious reasons), look at the entire list it shows to make sure it's not getting thrown off by 1 or 2 outliers (and that you're actually one Necropolis, as pointed out above).

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Aerox posted:

Double-check your Awakened settings -- I'm pretty sure you have Standard selected as the League and not Necropolis.

This was the problem.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
After spending hours going through endless timeless jewel listings, I found one that gives me +60% physical damage, about 300 more hp and more leech.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

After spending hours going through endless timeless jewel listings, I found one that gives me +60% physical damage, about 300 more hp and more leech.

Definitely reaching PoE endgame now

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

BTW, another PoE2 interview with Jonathan has happening in two and a half hours, this time conducted by Josh Strife Hayes. Will probably be watching and summarizing here, as per usual.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 15, 2024

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Getting my rear end kicked by searing exarch, I know I need to do uber lab and get some catalysts. I also need to finish saving up to buy the Thread of Hope I need to finish the build and get some more survivability.

https://pobb.in/hrXtLHGstY2p

I hate the stupid labs and yeah I know about the site.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

RandomBlue posted:

Getting my rear end kicked by searing exarch, I know I need to do uber lab and get some catalysts. I also need to finish saving up to buy the Thread of Hope I need to finish the build and get some more survivability.

Make yourself a Ruby flask and take it into the fight. It helps a lot. If the stupid ball phase is loving you up (it fucks everyone up), when you die just stay on the floor and wait for it to finish before reviving to minimize the amount of time you have to spend in ball hell.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

RandomBlue posted:

The ball phase is dodge or die, there's no magical fix for that on a build as squishy as this. You can tilt the odds in your favour slightly by getting a shield with +3 max fire res and lots of life, a Steelskin setup and a good flask setup (3 instant life flask, at least one that removes ignite and 2 Ruby flasks enhanced with Enkindling Orbs)
But even then you will not survive two hits in a row, so better get good at dodging those balls.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Make yourself a Ruby flask and take it into the fight. It helps a lot. If the stupid ball phase is loving you up (it fucks everyone up), when you die just stay on the floor and wait for it to finish before reviving to minimize the amount of time you have to spend in ball hell.

Ruby Flask won't help as much as before because they changed Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire to grant +max res instead of %less damage taken. PoB says it would help him tank one ball, but there appears to be 0 life recovery outside of flasks that would help him not get double-tapped. Like Wuxi said, dodge or die.

That being said OP, your flasks do suck (only one of them has a prefix and a suffix) and shouldn't be turned on as you have no charge recovery outside of killing stuff (you actually have no recovery of anything really), your cluster jewel needs to be 4 or 5 passives and your pobb.in has you at negative mana, so you don't have the auras setup properly. For a crit based build, 31%/19% mult seems incredibly low.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 15, 2024

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah, that cost me a couple deaths last attempt where I got him to 25%. I'll probably get him in a few more attempts but having to run a T16 between every attempt is annoying. Less annoying than paying 20-25c to buy the invitations I guess.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just lie down and die. Come back later

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Vaal_Arctic_Armour ?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

whypick1 posted:

Ruby Flask won't help as much as before because they changed Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire to grant +max res instead of %less damage taken. PoB says it would help him tank one ball, but there appears to be 0 life recovery outside of flasks that would help him not get double-tapped. Like Wuxi said, dodge or die.

That being said OP, your flasks do suck (only one of them has a prefix and a suffix) and shouldn't be turned on as you have no charge recovery outside of killing stuff (you actually have no recovery of anything really), your cluster jewel needs to be 4 or 5 passives and your pobb.in has you at negative mana, so you don't have the auras setup properly. For a crit based build, 31%/19% mult seems incredibly low.

I have flask recovery from crit. I haven't been running out of flasks, I'm mostly getting one shot by balls if I gently caress up, though my second attempt I started getting good at using my wither totems to block them. I should get better flasks though, got some workable ones when I was poorer and haven't upgraded them. Not sure why POB shows me at negative mana when I have one aura disabled. I have about 15% available.

e: Also that stupid wall of fire gets me, apparently it stuns me if I get hit and I can't dash or shield charge out of it. I can flask to live long enough to dash out if I'm quick, just gotta get better about the cues.

RandomBlue fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Apr 15, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol if you think I have the dexterity to use a green gem

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

euphronius posted:

Lol if you think I have the dexterity to use a green gem

A level 1 vaal AA is all youd need

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think I tried Uber Exarch a grand total of once, got to the sped-up ball phase with no Maven help and immediately said "gently caress this nonsense" and never went back.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Fyi, trade appears to be bugged after this last patch and your coffins are probably not listed on the bulk trade site.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

RandomBlue posted:

I have flask recovery from crit. I haven't been running out of flasks, I'm mostly getting one shot by balls if I gently caress up, though my second attempt I started getting good at using my wither totems to block them. I should get better flasks though, got some workable ones when I was poorer and haven't upgraded them. Not sure why POB shows me at negative mana when I have one aura disabled. I have about 15% available.

I'm pretty sure I'm not blind but I do not see where this flask charge on crit is coming from.

PoB says you had Herald of Purity on your CIP, Grace/Malevolence/Herald of Agony in your Diadem on, with Flesh and Stone turned off. Turning off HoP or HoAg would get you to ~15% unreserved, so I'm guessing it's the former that's turned off.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

whypick1 posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm not blind but I do not see where this flask charge on crit is coming from.

PoB says you had Herald of Purity on your CIP, Grace/Malevolence/Herald of Agony in your Diadem on, with Flesh and Stone turned off. Turning off HoP or HoAg would get you to ~15% unreserved, so I'm guessing it's the former that's turned off.

Ah, I forgot to turn off Herald of Purity, I don't use it anymore and forgot to remove the gem. I'm typically running Grace, HoAg and either Flesh & Stone (in sand stance) or Malevolence. When I get my build done I'll be able to run all 4 together but I'm not there yet.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Just noticed something odd with my gear. My helm as a "red" requirement on it (int for the enlighten gem). The helm itself is not highlighted red like it would normally be if I didn't meet the stat requirements. Is the helm still granting bonuses? How is the Enlighten gem working when I don't meet the int requirement for it? I know it's working because I have all 4 auras running still.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Does your helm have a reduced attribute requirement mod?

E: nvm that doesn't affect gems

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Frank Frank posted:

WHAT

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Avenging flame totem may be the consecrated path totems replacement I’ve been looking for.

It’s pretty fantastic. It’s nice and slow. There are huge explosions. Your totems are always taunting. You can spend almost all of your hearing on surviving. It nukes bosses. (Almost all of them )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I'm not sure what you're asking. Apparently resist flasks got nerfed but the waiting out the ball phase deal is absolutely true.