Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

Why do my pawns keep tagging broken oxcarts with exclamation points, am I supposed to do something with these

They're trying to tell you that they're tired of walking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

Why do my pawns keep tagging broken oxcarts with exclamation points, am I supposed to do something with these

They just think they’re neat.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Flavahbeast posted:

You can break them down to get rid of the mark, but other than that...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The duality of mom :stare:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Speaking of, for those of you reaching endgame, which crafting mats are you most on the lookout for?

I've been trying to switch my dragon slaying pawn quest from gold to 3xDullahan bones, as I figured that's something people wanting to upgrade their endgame gear is looking for, but is there anything else that would be more enticing?

I wish we could offer wyrmblood crystals, but alas

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Apr 15, 2024

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Eldricite. loving Eldricite.

I got one to drop eventually, but I'd have bitten your hand off at the weekend as this thing was blocking my tier 2 dwarven upgrade for daggers (and therefore tier 3 and 4).

FishMcCool fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Apr 15, 2024

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

FishMcCool posted:

I got one to drop eventually, but I'd have bitten your hand off at the weekend as this thing was blocking my tier 2 dwarven upgrade for daggers (and therefore tier 3 and 4).

That's actually a really good suggestion, thanks! Pretty sure I have some of those lying around.
My big roadblock was Black Freakish Manes, since there's a very limited amount of Gorechimeras, but I don't have many of those left over.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The main roadblock for people is getting a single (X). Once you have one you can use forgeries for the rest.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

Random updates from my mother's playthrough for you all to enjoy:

Your mom owns

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AcidCat posted:

God bless Skillup for actually calling out this games many problems-and true to how weird this fuckin game is, he still recommends it.

I'm surprised he didn't call it a braindead buttonmasher like he did with other Itsuno games.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

The Lone Badger posted:

The main roadblock for people is getting a single (X). Once you have one you can use forgeries for the rest.

You're very limited with how much you can do that in the endgame, and some of the enemies that drop endgame mats don't spawn until then.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got the corset and lmao why is it one of the strongest pieces of armour in the game while also being substantially lighter than most. Just 30 more tokens and I get the stupid pawn stick too.

EDIT: I didn't realize a pawn I hired was a logistician, bought a bunch of items from a shop: the immediately combined them all into garbage.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 15, 2024

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

FishMcCool posted:

A while ago I found a pawn with a quest where they wanted 1 explosive arrow in exchange for 30 eldricite.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I also needed Black Freakish Manes at one point, but I found that a Gorechimera reliably spawns in the Waterfall Cave after a certain point in the story.

For me it's Pointed Fangs, if not for the fact that I apparently killed two of them according to the related badge, I would doubt that Wargs are actually in the game.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

So I found out that monsters will, rarely, fight each other even when you’re near. I was fighting some kind of glowy blue rock golem and of course along comes a 4 dot griffon and casts some kind of lightning spell and I don’t even know why because I’m pretty sure golems don’t take damage from magic but this one decided it hated the griffon more than me and when ole griffon landed, the golem did some kind of ground pound attack and absolutely pasted this loving griffon. Like, I got a whole shot in before rock boss murked its rear end. It then went back to stomping my rear end into the dirt. I only managed to finish it with everyone in the perma red hp state. I suppose its possible it was still aiming for me but it did fully slam on top of that bird.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Thundarr posted:

e: fun sphinx fact: if you do her riddles again in NG+, the finder's token is in the spot where you picked up the first seeker's token in NG+, not your very first one. I assume if you've already collected all of them either you auto fail the riddle or she just chastises you for having found none.

You can actually fake finders tokens too, they don’t even register as a different item, guy just gives you two back.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If you gently caress up a sphinx riddle does the quest line move on or does it lock you out of all the others? Just want to know how much I should halfass this lol

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

a real rude dude posted:

You can actually fake finders tokens too, they don’t even register as a different item, guy just gives you two back.

The same goes for the eternal wakestone, which is weird because there's an item in the game's files called the eternal wokestone. But for just 30k you can get a second eternal wakestone, just in case you need it.

Anyway, I'm finally ready to do the story. I only need 20 more seeker tokes and I'm really tired of finding them, I think the last ones in my world are all in random rear end caves or something so maybe I'll find them during the story missions. I maxed out warfarer and all that's left is to get spearhand so I can max that too.

Also I set my pawn quest to sphinx badge and somehow I got two kills already, it's great.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

If you gently caress up a sphinx riddle does the quest line move on or does it lock you out of all the others? Just want to know how much I should halfass this lol

The riddles at the first location you can fail and move on, I believe once she moves its do or die.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stormgale posted:

The riddles at the first location you can fail and move on, I believe once she moves its do or die.

Cool thanks, that's not too bad then. I'm prepared for her to be very disappointed in me lol

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

RBA Starblade posted:

It only locks you out of that reward (and an achievement for getting them all right), the sphinx never really addresses how many of the riddles you actually guess either.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Nuebot posted:

there's an item in the game's files called the eternal wokestone.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Back when we respected traditional values, a pawn was free to nuke a city anytime he wanted. But now we can’t. Because of wokestone.

Arae
Jul 27, 2003
Magic Archer seems nerfed at first, but it's still powerful. The trademark "light yourself on fire" is definitely missed, but there are other good skills. You won't be top DPS, but it's still fair damage.

The revive arrows are shockingly very good. I dropped mage healers because the arrows work better. The fully charged "revive" shots rule for resurrecting pawns.

The fly by wire explosive shots (fang arrows) are loads of fun. You can use the cancel/sheathe button to cancel the control mid-flight! If you cancel quickly, then you can shoot more arrows or move.

The sleep arrows work on lots of enemy types. Charged shots are needed for big dudes, but some little guys won't need charge. You can essentially sleep anyone that gets close to you. Sleeping flying monsters like harpies never gets old because of the fall animations.

The fire orb spell can be shot on the floor under your character. A lightly charged shot will be enough damage to annoy monsters. It's probably the closest replacement to the set yourself on fire skill from DD1.

The "sagittate" attacks are effective at lots of enemies. The attacks look like lightning element, but are not really lightning. The damage adds up for the full charges.

Richochet shot is amazing in caves, but not great above ground. If you can land multiple shots, then it functions as a burst of arrows. Never aim up unless you're sure to hit each shot, but you can fire into the ground to bounce arrows upwards.

The MA augments are strange though. I run augments from other classes for more magic and stamina.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nuebot posted:

Also I set my pawn quest to sphinx badge and somehow I got two kills already, it's great.

It took almost a week for somebody to actually take my pawn out to kill a sphinx. Maybe I just need to offer better than 10 jaspers.

Got the beloved brawl trophy unlocked by accident, but it was both glitchy and very :chloe: On ng+ I've been redoing several of the quests, because I'm crazy like that I guess. After I finished the House of Blue Sunbrights, unlike the first play through I noticed that Daphne now had rosy cheeks. Oh no. She's also the type that will follow you around town. Double oh no. I was heading for my house and saw Ulrika standing there, waiting for me to take her on a trip I had no intention of going on. Then Daphne came running up, and they were both kind of by the house for a while. After a minute or two Daphne teleported away and the trophy popped. I suppose the game just doesn't have an animation to use for that particular circumstance, so there was no actual brawl. Then she ran back from the slums to follow me again.

At least I can stop bribing Ursula and Sven to get them to fight over my affections. It takes a lot of gifts to raise somebody to beloved status if they don't have any actual quests.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Magic Archer is straight up broken in a good way. Absolutely ruins crowds or large enemies with multiple target points (i.e. drakes). The heal/revive is great as well. The lack of direct escape tools means distance control is essential. Once you figure that out, though, it's a beast

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
Ricochet is still just as insanely good in enclosed spaces as it was in the first game, though there's a few really big open caves where something else (probably Sagittate) is still a better option for damage. Ricochet is pretty effective in narrow canyons too, so don't write it off as an option just because you're technically outdoors.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
I think my pawn nuking Venworth waaay earlier in my game screwed up more than I thought. I revived Sven and Brant for the quest I was on, but I'm now quite late in the game and I have not gotten the quest for Fulvio the sculptor. Apparently the quest giver was in Venworth and I never saw him before the massacre. It wasn't a breadcrumb questgiver either, because when I talk to Fulvio he just gives me some basic NPC bullshit. Then there's the quest with the vendor Isaac also in Bakbattahl. Same thing, can't get that quest to trigger when talking to him even though the wiki does not say there's a prerequisite quest in Venworth so :iiam:
The other thing that's broken for me is the quest with Hugo the kid working for the Coral Snakes. I kind of finished that quest, but at the end point the boy shows up but the quest does not finish, and does not go away/out of my quest log. When I talk to the boy he wants me to give him a lead for an honest job, but I keep saying "never mind" or something. I don't think I have a way to resolve this in my game, apparently because the Isaac quest is not triggering for me and because Wilhelmina was in the massacre in Venworth and I never wakestoned her and can't anymore.
The last thing is that I heard some NPCs talk about the Sphinx but I never got a quest for it. Currently walking there to see if I can at least do that quest line even without a breadcrumb quest.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I really doubt that you're unable to wakestone Wilhelmina, no matter how long it's been. Are you sure it's not the interface giving you trouble?

In my own game I just went back to Vernworth, it's been weeks and weeks since I massacred the city, and she's still right there in the morgue. Remember, you have to pay the mortician, then select the person you want to revive, then go look for their coffin:

e: in fact, I just went ahead and revived her, maybe I'll get a discount at the brothel later

e2: I'm actually not sure you even have to pay the mortician, but it might be a bitch to find the right coffin otherwise

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 15, 2024

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Phlegmish posted:

e2: I'm actually not sure you even have to pay the mortician, but it might be a bitch to find the right coffin otherwise

You don't. The fee is just so he'll mark it. If you can find the coffin with the body you want yourself, you can wakestone it.
When I couldn't advance Oskar's quest because I couldn't find him or his corpse I tried wakestoning a ??? guy in the morgue that looked a bit like screenshots of him.
Fun fact: the game autosaves if you use a wakestone, so I could not just quit and reload to get mine back after resurrecting a rando guard.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Coolness Averted posted:

Fun fact: the game autosaves if you use a wakestone, so I could not just quit and reload to get mine back after resurrecting a rando guard.

AFAIK the game has two autosave slots, a normal one and one that only updates when resting at an inn/house. You could probably just rest before doing anything potentially risky and then roll it back to there

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

404notfound posted:

AFAIK the game has two autosave slots, a normal one and one that only updates when resting at an inn/house. You could probably just rest before doing anything potentially risky and then roll it back to there

Yeah, though this was when money was still an issue for me/early game and before I had a house so I wasn't updating my inn save very often. I definitely made sure to sleep in my bed before doing the seeker token riddle for the sphinx, I think infected pawn rampages might be the only thing you can't avoid by going back to your last inn save.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Flavahbeast posted:

I could swear some of the very first busted carts I saw had minor loot (healing items?) which I was thankful for at the time, but every other busted cart past that is "aw man, not even a crate to smash for more fruit."

Broken Cog posted:

You're very limited with how much you can do that in the endgame, and some of the enemies that drop endgame mats don't spawn until then.

The fact Vernsworth smithing still often demands volcano and/or super ghost parts like Dwarf smithing, is a big part of why I am sure people calling Dwarf smithing overpowered just know that sounds cooler to say than "I can sprint back to the dwarf in under an in game day with lava lizard scales or medusa bones. I need to burn ferry stones to get to vernsworth and back in less than five real life hours"

You have all these regional smithing styles, but glancing at the wiki every last one of them ends up "gently caress it. Bring something from a volcano variant/giga ghost". For vernsworth at best you get "Will need a late game pain in the rear end instead of 'Literally only spawns in the unmoored world'. But most of that is 'Well, TECHNICALLY Dullahan can spawn before the endgame!'

This poo poo kicks in even at the middle of the weapon progress. Fighter ice sword is wildly obsolete compared to my minotaur mace or silver swords I looted in the desert. But it looks loving sweet, what if I upgrade it? Dwarf rank 3 wants medusa bones, and the game is basically screaming at me "There is a medusa this way" for when I want to kill a medusa next door to Battahl. Vernsworth rank 3 wants Dullahan bits, and I have not seen a single one yet on my procrastination tour.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I am going to start over because I forgot where I found my first seeker's token and Gregor died on his way to the gate (he tried to jump-attack a harp hanging off the cliff and got devoured by the brine) and I don't want to deal with these headaches anymore

This time I am going to be God's most humble creature: a mage that shoots lightning and meteors at my enemies. My wife / main pawn will be an archer and I'll probably just nab fighters/warriors a bunch, that way I won't give a poo poo when I'm fighting big enemies that insta-kill melee.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Not sure who Gregor is, but I don't think the finder token is a big deal? You just miss out on a chest with 3 ferrystones but apparently it doesn't otherwise kill the quest chain.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

jokes posted:

I am going to start over because I forgot where I found my first seeker's token and Gregor died on his way to the gate (he tried to jump-attack a harp hanging off the cliff and got devoured by the brine) and I don't want to deal with these headaches anymore

This time I am going to be God's most humble creature: a mage that shoots lightning and meteors at my enemies. My wife / main pawn will be an archer and I'll probably just nab fighters/warriors a bunch, that way I won't give a poo poo when I'm fighting big enemies that insta-kill melee.

unless you're trying to get the achievement for the sphinx riddles its not really worth aching over

if you want an easy to remember seeker token location the easiest is the one right at the bottom of the fountain in vernworth

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

FishMcCool posted:

Not sure who Gregor is, but I don't think the finder token is a big deal? You just miss out on a chest with 3 ferrystones but apparently it doesn't otherwise kill the quest chain.

Gregor is an npc with an escort quest that gets you a book needed for one of the other quest chains and also has a tendency to die either from harpies before you get to him, or accidentally getting too eager and jumping to his doom while being escorted. Plus since he's in a rocky canyon it's very easy for his body to wind up in spots you can't get. I didn't even know there was nearby water for him to end up in, but he's 1000% the quest NPC I'd most believe got scooped up and deposited in the drink by birdladies.

Really the most useful role he has in the game is:
His quest brings you pretty dang close to to Sphinx's mountain shrine. So is the most likely way you'd organically stumble upon her. You don't need to do his quest to get to her though.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Might have to pick up Gregor and just run past the harpies with him, I guess!

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Funnily enough I stumbled upon the sphinx organically and answered all the riddles, other than where I found the first token, totally organically. I thought I was being clever with the "who is your beloved" riddle but when my main pawn said "truly?" I was very proud of myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Coolness Averted posted:

Gregor is an npc with an escort quest that gets you a book needed for one of the other quest chains and also has a tendency to die either from harpies before you get to him, or accidentally getting too eager and jumping to his doom while being escorted. Plus since he's in a rocky canyon it's very easy for his body to wind up in spots you can't get. I didn't even know there was nearby water for him to end up in, but he's 1000% the quest NPC I'd most believe got scooped up and deposited in the drink by birdladies.

Really the most useful role he has in the game is:
His quest brings you pretty dang close to to Sphinx's mountain shrine. So is the most likely way you'd organically stumble upon her. You don't need to do his quest to get to her though.

No, Gregor is the Watch Captain that gets sent on a suicide mission to kill a Dullahan. Who you're talking about is someone else.