Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

fart barterer posted:

I'm working on this right now. The lawyers don't seem necessary, just some forms and maybe a consulate visit (NY and DC aren't far). So maybe $500 to get to an EU passport.

All you need is a parent / grandparent who was born there after 1921 and some of their documentation. Thankfully my grandmother still has her original birth certificate along with naturalization etc. Also I learned you can get certified copies of your biological parents' birth certificates without their consent or knowledge, which is nice for people who are estranged or otherwise don't want to interact with them.

Only downside I know of, aside from the cost, is that you lose the ability to get a top secret clearance if you wanna touch computers for Raytheon, but that's not something I've got in the cards.

My wife had some trouble because of this: plus they got married out of the country, so it was nice having the lawyers in Warsaw just go through the translation and piecing the all right things together. And maybe the NYC one is better because there's a lot more Polish folks there, but the DC consulate was not helpful and turned her off from even trying for a few years until happening upon the lawfirm we are using now that had a ton of good reviews from the r/Poland folks.

No idea if we'd ever move to Poland specifically (I don't know the language, and my wife's Polish wouldn't cut it in the medical field there) but it's nice to have the option. At the very least, it gives my kids the option to study there very easily with a dual-citizenship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

what should a milkshake cost? that's milk and ice cream, mixed together. $2? $5? $10? $20? depending on the menu you are looking at all 4 of these prices are reasonable.

It's dumb clickbait and you shouldn't read it, but your post made me think of this article that popped up on my phone this morning:

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/13/why-your-rich-friend-venmo-requests-you-for-4.html
Why your rich friend Venmo requests you for $4: People with more money ‘struggle with generosity,’ expert says

quote:

“Rich people love to Venmo request you $4.72 for like half a bagel because they have no concept of money and don’t understand that working class people operate under an economy of buying someone a beer,” one X user mused.

Complaining about rich people having no understanding of money while talking about your $9.44 bagel

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't think that person was using an actual, specifc example of a $9.44 bagel.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/vomenisalive/status/1778633844972761249?t=Ybjq0gtkr30WYcnAQpawyQ&s=19

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

I can hear the dialup modem

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

you could fit so many software boxes in this mf

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Going through Goodwills is a good reminder how wasteful Americans are. Plastic junk that should have never been made.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

"hustlers" are worse than corporations

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Nonsense posted:

i do not believe this is true on the whole

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
do people still buy abandoned storage units? it was big business back when the show was popular, don't hear about it anymore tho

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Nonsense posted:

no. but America is full blown hustle culture aids these days which isn’t a good sign despite the wailing of the staincels and krugmans out there

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I can punch a hustler. I cannot punch a corporation.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Demon Of The Fall posted:

do people still buy abandoned storage units? it was big business back when the show was popular, don't hear about it anymore tho

yes it’s still a big cottage sub-industry but not as much during the heyday of storage wars n stuff

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Xaris posted:

yes it’s still a big cottage sub-industry but not as much during the heyday of storage wars n stuff

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Corporations give me coupons, and deals of the day, hustlers want inflated pricing on their almost always fenced goods and a tip to boot.

It is time to end the economy.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

err posted:

Going through Goodwills is a good reminder how wasteful Americans are. Plastic junk that should have never been made.

Im always kind of amazed at how many fully functional and useful appliances are in my goodwill. Like 400$ bread makers that look never used

Apparently putting 5 ingredients into a bowl and hitting start is just too complicated.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Nonsense posted:

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I once lost my passport and military ID in an airport, and then as I was beginning to feel the dread set in, I was paged to come to the Air Canada gate and pick it up.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
hustlers are the victims

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

this is basically what it’s like now going anywhere they’re selling used stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUmmxW7Ksc8

kreeningsons has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Apr 15, 2024

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

silicone thrills posted:

Im always kind of amazed at how many fully functional and useful appliances are in my goodwill. Like 400$ bread makers that look never used

Apparently putting 5 ingredients into a bowl and hitting start is just too complicated.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Schuldensuehner/status/1779633662394269882

doomers BTFO (again)

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Goodwill also sucks now because they put anything good on their auction website

what

what the gently caress

lmao.

even if it worked, that thing looks like a pro-ana device

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

anyway the Yen just crossed 154 / USD for the first time since 1990

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Everything should be very very clear by May.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose
My best TSA experience was on a midnight flight and the nite crew took over. They gave no shits. Wave everyone through. No searches. No one even looking at the X-ray machine screen.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

My best TSA experience was on a midnight flight and the nite crew took over. They gave no shits. Wave everyone through. No searches. No one even looking at the X-ray machine screen.

this happened to me coming thru customs late night at sfo too. they didnt care about poo poo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

post hole digger posted:

this happened to me coming thru customs late night at sfo too. they didnt care about poo poo.

That would have severely angered my old professor who got mad at somebody complaining about the TSA that a plane blowing up was way more inconvenient

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

would tsa have even stopped the 911 crew

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

euphronius posted:

would tsa have even stopped the 911 crew

well the entire American Defense and Security State knew about it beforehand and didn't stop it so probably not

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Off loaded at Detroit, got picked for random rather unfriendly pat-down by TSA. While they patted me down, my carry-on that had my passport was stolen. Luckily, when the non-citizen thief went through customs she was unable to explain the American passport which customs returned to me. loving airports are cesspits.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Nybble posted:

No idea if we'd ever move to Poland specifically (I don't know the language, and my wife's Polish wouldn't cut it in the medical field there) but it's nice to have the option. At the very least, it gives my kids the option to study there very easily with a dual-citizenship.

Polish citizenship isn’t immediately useful because of Poland, it’s useful because you can move to any EU country and live / work / retire there. AMA about our retirement plans.

Note that there may be / are residency requirements to avail of free college in the EEA.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

is this lady stoned out of her gourd or something? the way she moves is super weird creeps me out

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

kreeningsons posted:

this is basically what it’s like now going anywhere they’re selling used stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUmmxW7Ksc8

gently caress yes! I love PriceMaster

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Street fighter was right

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
German industry stays losing.

quote:

FRIEBERG, Germany, April 15 (Reuters) - European governments due to move to support their solar power manufacturers this week will be too late to stop solar panel maker Meyer Burger packing up a German factory to send production to the United States.

The plant in Freiberg in eastern Germany closed in mid-March with the loss of 500 jobs, as the Swiss-listed firm joined a growing list of European renewable energy manufacturing factories shutting down or moving. In the past year, at least 10 have said they are in financial difficulties.

The Freiberg plant closing cuts Europe's total solar panel production output by 10%.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
good, death to europe

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

good, death to europe

:yikes:

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

OhFunny posted:

German industry stays losing.

The Freiberg plant closing cuts Europe's total solar panel production output by 10%.

getting back to what works: reliable german COAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

lol I go through TSA three times a day (smoke breaks) five days a week and all my hate is for the flying public