Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

These subhuman freaks have no real loyalty and will leave the second a game with More Titty releases, or turn on you if they think you have a woman dev who believes in equal rights. It is absolutely not worth bending over backwards to appease these people anymore, and I hope more devs realize that.
after the gfl2 drama snowbreak basically pandered to these guys to try and catch their favor and as mentioned its gotten to the point where they have to literally remove every dude from the game. even the women arent safe, they had an event where there was a generic bit between two girls where one was forgetful and one had a photographic memory and they were close friends, and these dudes got so mad about it being gay and therefore not pandering to them that they had to basically remove all the dialog between them. but the dynamic between those two was the basis of their characters so they barely even have dialog anymore.

it just strips and strips everything until there's nothing left. its like a black hole.

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

well except the thing that happened with code name bakery/girls frontline, which is all china based. korea is definitely the epicenter but i think the phenomenon is going to very quickly become global. its just too easy to say whatever horrible crap you want and get rewarded for it, especially in the gacha sphere since the games live and die on maintaining broad and long lasting goodwill
eh. i cant see this kind of thing ever taking off in a serious way in the west or in japan. japanese blowups like this are much rarer due to general cultural inertia against causing too much of a fuss, as well as a general emphasis on artistic freedom, and on the english speaking side of things everythings too splintered and companies are mostly conditioned to not listen to their fans. you get complaining and weird blowups but it rarely has an effect on the actual product. like sony isnt out here issuing a make spider-man 2 less neolib patch.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

fez_machine posted:

Nor is Korea having hosed attitudes towards women a new thing, as I learned in the scholarly text Analogue: a hate story.

gahhhhhhhh

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Necessary video for context:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HLBCMwyxo4

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Junpei posted:

Andrew Tate has wreaked havoc upon our world

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Endorph posted:

this is extremely stupid and you should be embarrassed to have posted it, op. you have literally posted the two sides of the extreme most likely to have a female author or fanbase and labelled them the most misogynistic. obviously that doesnt make something immune to misogyny but its obviously ridiculous as an assumption. please never pretend to understand anything related to sexism ever again.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I know I do a lot of flippant shitposting around the forums in general but I found it pays to know when to keep something to yourself.

If people are having a serious discussion about an ongoing issue and the only thing you have to add is a reductive joke that is only going to annoy people with generalizations, maybe you can just hold it and put it aside.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
sorry will delete

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you didnt post a hatecrime you dont have to delete it just stop being a moron

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I've seen some negative discussion about Kingdom Come Deliverance here and there, specifically regarding the views of the lead dev. While the lead dev certainly has said bad things publicly, I don't think the game really contains anything with a right wing or conservative bias. To me, the game does have issues with sexism, but it's more of a juvenile "male gaze" kind of thing rather than women being portrayed universally negatively. There are some cringe things like sex giving you a buff to charisma that really doesn't fly with today's expectations of games. But overall, the problems are sufficiently minor that I can overlook them to enjoy the rest of the game. Of course it's 100% understandable if the skeeviness from the dev's comments makes people decide not to play the game.

Having said that, I think it's a great pickup when it goes on sale if you enjoy Skyrim style RPG gameplay with a bit more focus on realistic mechanics. I think I got my copy for like $5 during a winter holiday sale or something like that.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Irrespective of the sexism angle it's always a big mistake for a franchise to do a hard turn to trying to make diehard fans happy. They're diehards they're never going to be happy, nobody hates the game more than the person who spent 5000 hours on it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They should make a patch to make spider man 2 less neolib though.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean having issues with sexism is just kinda, inherently conservative on some level you know? its like with rimworld where the sexuality stuff isn't going to make me call the dev an incel or anything, its still like that sort of brand of stupid dude conservatism that stupid dudes buy into, biotruths and what not. stuff exists on a spectrum.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

I never Undertale’d, probably will put it in my wishlist

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

GateOfD posted:

It's really good, probably a 5-10 hour playthrough depending on what path you want to play as. The music is really really drat good too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

GateOfD posted:

Many people say this game is good OP.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
withering rooms has level ups, so that makes it a rpg. so this means i can post: hey withering rooms is very good please play it, lovely game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kingdom come deliverance is just eastern european

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

this

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Feels Villeneuve posted:

finally a good post in here

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Endorph posted:

kingdom come deliverance is just eastern european

yes. complete with a perk you can take called "Slav" which lets you get drunk 50% faster.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the french are sexist in a way that is cooler and more arty than the eastern eurpoeans.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Vargatron posted:

I've seen some negative discussion about Kingdom Come Deliverance here and there, specifically regarding the views of the lead dev. While the lead dev certainly has said bad things publicly, I don't think the game really contains anything with a right wing or conservative bias. To me, the game does have issues with sexism, but it's more of a juvenile "male gaze" kind of thing rather than women being portrayed universally negatively. There are some cringe things like sex giving you a buff to charisma that really doesn't fly with today's expectations of games. But overall, the problems are sufficiently minor that I can overlook them to enjoy the rest of the game. Of course it's 100% understandable if the skeeviness from the dev's comments makes people decide not to play the game.

Having said that, I think it's a great pickup when it goes on sale if you enjoy Skyrim style RPG gameplay with a bit more focus on realistic mechanics. I think I got my copy for like $5 during a winter holiday sale or something like that.

I kind of remember consensus when it came out as also “there was just a guy who sucked who worked on it.” There’s gotta be a guy who at least equally sucks working on most big games.

I thought it looked cool but I heard it was kinda slow? I’m also going to pick it up for 5 bucks someday.

Edit: I forgot it was the game’s director, also it apparently got worse reviews than I thought.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Apr 15, 2024

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 days!)

Vargatron posted:

It's really good, probably a 5-10 hour playthrough depending on what path you want to play as. The music is really really drat good too.

How many runs on average would one do for like the ‘main branches’

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GateOfD posted:

How many runs on average would one do for like the ‘main branches’
only 2 really

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah that 5-10 hour average takes the multiple runs into account

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if i flip these pizzas, mr. aziz *woke mind virus, suddenly talking in a different voice* Will Be Very Upset With Me But Not In a Manner That Betrays The Trust Between Worker and Employer

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
anyways, to drive the point home: everyone should go play code name bakery because its definitely a great tactics rpg and we always need more of those

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

TheMightyBoops posted:

I kind of remember consensus when it came out as also “there was just a guy who sucked who worked on it.” There’s gotta be a guy who at least equally sucks working on most big games.

I thought it looked cool but I heard it was kinda slow? I’m also going to pick it up for 5 bucks someday.

Edit: I forgot it was the game’s director, also it apparently got worse reviews than I thought.

The game had some performance issues at launch and the gameplay can be a bit divisive depending on how well you tolerate the "realism" aspects of the game. I think it uses CryEngine 3 and it can run poorly depending on the area you're in.

I'm preparing for a day in the market and decided to put on my best hat for the occasion:

Also, the game can't be 100% aimed towards incels because it at least requires you to bath in game every once in a while or characters will start yelling at you.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

anyways, to drive the point home: everyone should go play code name bakery because its definitely a great tactics rpg and we always need more of those

I like my tactical rpgs to be on handheld, but I’ve been on a string of just playing them recently, so I can see myself plugging in my computer to play it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

actually there are too many good tactics rpgs right now. People should chill out with releasing those

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

spiderman 2 is one of the funniest games ever for making a boss fight where your wife gets corrupted into yelling about her flop self-help book and ultimately makes a change by quitting her job to do a mindfulness podcast

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel

Feels Villeneuve posted:

actually there are too many good tactics rpgs right now. People should chill out with releasing those

we need more. we need final fantasy tactics remake. we need matsuno to release the other 6 parts of ogre battle saga. we need metal slug tactics to come out for some reason.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

spiderman 2 is one of the funniest games ever for making a boss fight where your wife gets corrupted into yelling about her flop self-help book and ultimately makes a change by quitting her job to do a mindfulness podcast

#feminism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i played codename bakery a bit and decided it had too many stealth sections and while the item stuff is neat it was not for me