Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

very unfair, the ground was at a 5% incline, no ordinary car can climb a hill that steep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

I find it hilarious that so many chuds idolize this character. I only saw the movie for the first time a couple of years ago and he just comes off as the unstable entitled rear end in a top hat he clearly is and not at all this hard done by anti hero who was done taking society's poo poo or whatever.

Duvall's character summarized it perfectly:

"They lie to everybody! They lie to the fish! That doesn't give you any right to do what you did today!"

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's really fist clenching watching musk flail around. A lot of effort has gone into Science to get rid of that geek/dork/nerd stigma. Then along comes musk to poo poo all over it.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
what country is autism the capital of

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

R.L. Stine posted:

Texas?

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

shyduck posted:

Yeah that and the Obama reference felt pointed. Also the other guy who resigned doesn't mention Elon at all

He does a very subtle but specific Elon burn I'm his departure tweet and it rules

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

To be fair, geeks/dorks/nerds loving suck

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

R.L. Stine posted:

Utah I believe if you go by the number of towns built over toxic waste dumps and the air quality being mostly heavy metals most of the winter.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

To be fair, geeks/dorks/nerds loving suck

Better than Jocks or Squares.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Vintersorg posted:

maybe grimes should learn from real artists on how to headline

Yeah well I'd like to see them try to do a lot of really complicated math on the fly (multiplying or dividing by 2)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Willatron posted:

I find it hilarious that so many chuds idolize this character. I only saw the movie for the first time a couple of years ago and he just comes off as the unstable entitled rear end in a top hat he clearly is and not at all this hard done by anti hero who was done taking society's poo poo or whatever.

"They lie to everybody! They lie to the fish! That doesn't give you any right to do what you did today!"

the part of the plot where he's a deadbeat psycho dad is also pretty on brand for chuds.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Willatron posted:

Yeah, everyone (should) go through that phase where you realize society is a sham. Then you figure out how to deal with it in a constructive manner somehow.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kazil posted:

He changed his pfp to his face. Gross.

elizabeth holmes-rear end looking profile pic

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

kazil posted:

This isn't the first antman has posted about user names. He's so loving desperate

THAT'S NOT WHAT NAMESPACE MEANS YOU loving IDIOT

He just heard a dev or SRE say that today, didn't he

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Yeah, everyone (should) go through that phase where you realize society is a sham. Then you figure out how to deal with it in a constructive manner somehow.

Well obviously the chud answer to this is to blame everyone in society without any power whatsoever

The problem is minorities. And poor people. They are responsible for everything even though they clearly don’t have any sway in how things work. I’m smart and run a big company and hate the woke

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
It’s eeehhhh erm uhhhhh erhhhh erm the erm bots yeah uh the bots are the real erm thing stopping us from, you know, erm, society

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
he’s such a freak for AI and free speech who’s to say bots don’t have free speech

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

This feels like a scenario tailor-made to be the worst for archiving through screenshots, but it's about the gas pedal video posted earlier, for anyone who can't see the original post

:hmbol:

kazil posted:

All of his fans are so loving stupid

Ah, yes, incentive to scam accounts from people in order to immediately start posting, I'm sure nothing can go wrong here...

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Effectively placing a bounty on existing account credentials will surely solve their issues with bad actors

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

redshirt posted:

We NEED 3-4 more seasons.

I stand before you, amazed, that a huge sci fi book series could peak in books 7-10 and the collection of short stories.

Yeah I was never a big book fan but it was obvious on the show there was a massive new story now to dig into now that all the marco bullshit (god he sucked) was over. And boom, series over. gently caress!!!!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Amphigory posted:

THAT'S NOT WHAT NAMESPACE MEANS YOU loving IDIOT

He just heard a dev or SRE say that today, didn't he
I don't know, there's a very good chance he is talking about banning Larry0001 through Larry9999 to free up the coveted Larry#### namespace but is instantly foiled by bots registering them through the elusive process of putting Larry in the screen name suggester and getting the random 4 digit number.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Good website https://twitter.com/CSMFHT/status/1780025626021564894?t=jiCKzImJzPt-8XvWyPGpTg&s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Post the other 5 tweets op

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i can't click through but i'm guessing the "another reason" for it being taboo worldwide has its roots in anti-semitism

e: yeah, of course it's racial purity poo poo with the habsburgs as incespiration https://unrollnow.com/status/1779613605178028449

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 16, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

euphronius posted:

Post the other 5 tweets op

here are the last 2 of the 9 tweets

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ok those were worse than I imagined

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
DFens did two good things, killed a nazi and killed that rich golfer and ranted that golf is stupid and the green space should be a public park.

most techbros havent done even 1 good thing.

also requesting that musk screencaps edits out his ugly rear end avatar or just to copy paste the text

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013

kazil posted:

At least his account name is on point

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
in things I never thought I would see, someone actively putting out claims that incest should be encouraged and inbreeding is actually healthy is was not on said bucket list. Jesus christ

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

UCS Hellmaker posted:

https://electrek.co/2024/04/15/tesla-lays-off-more-than-10-of-its-global-workforce/

Dude sent an email overnight firing 10% of the workforce. The q1 has to be extremely bad

quote:

In previous quarters, Tesla has guided for a “pause” inbetween growth phases, expecting that sales growth would be more modest until the release of next-gen vehicles like the ~$25,000 Model 2 (though Reuters recently reported that Musk wants to shift Tesla’s focus to a robotaxi model, which Musk denied just hours before announcing the robotaxi unveiling event).

electrek isnt as fanboyish as i remember

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

as your company grows, its important to do mass layoffs. thats just how successful companies operate

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

kazil posted:

With all the graphs this guy and DogeDesigner should team up - maybe even breed?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

she literally said she had someone else prepare the tracks and thats why it didnt work

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

as your company grows, its important to do mass layoffs. thats just how successful companies operate

Every five years or so, it's like natures "ebbs 'n flows"

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

does anyone that isnt a musk sycophant actually think that charging fees will stop scammers?

im pretty sure scam operations still send letters to people trying to trick them and those stamps cost a whole lot more than $8/mo

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sir Tonk posted:

she literally said she had someone else prepare the tracks and thats why it didnt work

lol, a bunch of DJs i know were debating this and it was universally landed on that she's a loving clown and has no clue what she's doing, nor did whoever she outsourced it to. just a clown show up and down shockingly

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Sir Tonk posted:

Well she’s obviously lying since we were reliably informed on X, the everything app, that she literally does everything herself. I can only assume DEI is to blame for this and she’s gone woke

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Steadiman posted:

Well she’s obviously lying since we were reliably informed on X, the everything app, that she literally does everything herself. I can only assume DEI is to blame for this and she’s gone woke

Who can say whether she was lying or not without the community note to confirm it :shrug:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Sir Tonk posted:

electrek isnt as fanboyish as i remember

They were really bad, now, I think they're trying to be taken seriously w/r/t electric car journalism, and with everyone making EVs now, they're not yoked to the Tesla plow anymore.

Tesleratti is a good publication for reading people uncritically swoon over muskmobiles, and filled that niche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Vintersorg posted:

maybe grimes should learn from real artists on how to headline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3u-kScpMVis

justice is so great live.